Notices

turbo ls vtec or just turbo ls lmk

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo ls vtec or just turbo ls lmk

i got a 91 integra with a b18b with b18a1 lsd tranny its got a short shifter stage2 clutch skunk 2 intake manifold wesco pistons eagle rods arp head studs block guard apexi super air fuel controller and a big holset turbo i want to know if i should put a gsr head and make it a ls vtec ive been hearing mix things about it people saying that u should not boost a ls vtec just want to know what u guys think
Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo ls vtec or just turbo ls lmk

ppl have different opinions..i say screw the guys who say dont turbo a lsvtec, first the vtec head will give you way more power then a stock ls head. second you need lower compression pistons if you want to boost more. Honestly as long as your compressions are around the 10s you'll be fine. I have a ls block with gsr pistons compressions of 10's and a vtec head..completely stock motor with no mods other then a turbo kit. And i'm doing 10 psi, BUT YOU HAVE TO GET IT TUNED!!!!!!!! always always get it tuned if you're gonna boost!! i've taken it down to the tracks and beat on it and it's still alive. So i'd say go with the ls vtec turbo.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 AM

thanxs for the info i took a ride in a buddys ls vtec turbo it pulls hard so ls vtec it is
Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmike305
thanxs for the info i took a ride in a buddys ls vtec turbo it pulls hard so ls vtec it is
Standard LS turbo pulls hard also... so did my single cam turbo.. whats the point? You just made a decision on something because it "pulls hard"? Didn't look into the other things required to make it work properly? The time needed? The money? etc?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you gotta do your research. you never had a goal you mentioned or anything. "it pulls hard" means nothing to me. you listen to these internet guys to tell you what your setup should be. shoot if money is not a issue which you don't have a budget, obviously, go K series fully built turbo with PPG gearset and S372.

but anyway, model specific info. for G2's is here
Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hybrid96EK
Standard LS turbo pulls hard also... so did my single cam turbo.. whats the point? You just made a decision on something because it "pulls hard"? Didn't look into the other things required to make it work properly? The time needed? The money? etc?
my ls is already boosting i know it pulls hard the car is not my daily its my toy so i dont care how long it takes as long as it gets done right.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by smoovy
you gotta do your research. you never had a goal you mentioned or anything. "it pulls hard" means nothing to me. you listen to these internet guys to tell you what your setup should be. shoot if money is not a issue which you don't have a budget, obviously, go K series fully built turbo with PPG gearset and S372.

but anyway, model specific info. for G2's is here
ive done research and it all leads to the samething they say its not a good idea but what better research then real people that have done it and it works just fine as far as my goals i want to build and keep building the more power i can get the better i dont settle for a specific number if it doesnt work sell it and try again a k series would be great but i dont have that kind of money putting a vtec head is not gonna cost me thousands of dollars
Old 09-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you know, these forums are full of dumb guys who dont answer your questions that you post up, they just find a way to complain, if you found the reason to go with something cuz it pulls hard thats good for you. I know many guys who wanted to do the same set up as someone else cuz they've been in the car and liked how it felt. It doesnt make a difference if you wanna go k series or not, its all about how you built the car. I've read many articles that compared the b to the k series, and b series out performed the k series at everything. But anyways, b series are cheap and easier to build and you can get tons of power from them. But vtec is always best for power.