Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Mighty Mau5 (00 Honda Civic EK)

Old 06-23-2016, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mighty Mau5 (00 Honda Civic EK)

Its been a while since i owned a civic none the less think i come back for another but im here. Long story short i ALWAYS wanted a hatchback just never found one at a good deal, a clean title which was really a clean title and not abused etc etc. Then the stolen threads popping up left to right back in 2004 (which is when i retired from the civic world.) A few months back i got rid of my Lexus because i got bored with it. I got tired of replacing my wheels due to pot holes, I got tired of air ride and having to ride slow and just tired in general so i sold this.

Bought this..yes both bikes are mine 99 gsxr 750 and 03 gsxr 750 Yes i exposed my plate. Do i care? No have fun going to my old home. lol.

So my aunt was in the market of a new car she is the second owner of a 00 honda civic dx CLEAN! minus the paint but everything was running in tact, ac power steering the whole 9. She NEVER would give it up and i always tried to negotiate a price or something lol. So car shopping im a bargain HUNTER that being said i went to about 12 or more dealerships haggling with these vultures. None the less she finally got the deal she wanted. So that being said i wanted to see where the old civic was going well since i saved her a few grand she decided to give it to me for free 99. Cant beat that. So we headed on our way to pick up the new whip and here she is.

While i was out getting that, i looked into another motor ill get why later.... d16y8 long block 140.00 with transmission.

So whats next? Well i built several cars (check my threads) and well im going to low compress single cam boost. I also plan to fully convert this to a CTR minus the motor. I been having some hold backs though seems since then finding a shop in socal to do a full RHD conversion is scarce. Apparently vin tampering is a huge deal in socal and cars are getting crushed. I would hate to have build this and that happen so i may have to opt out BUT i know some loop holes i may run across. Well see. But finding a shop or anyone who knows how to do it.....impossible unless i go out of state. Anyway.... build time im giving myself the end of the year. I dont plan on doing this soon or quick. I love the fact i can put 25.00 and have a full tank. The fact im putting less mileage on my lexus and i have other mobility options. Till then im enjoying this "fine luxury vehicle". No problems, fully well kept stock motor, just being slow and comfortable. I work 16hrs a day so my time is valuable. But what i plan on doing is just buying and stocking parts and when im ready, then well get it going. Soooooo heres the plan.

Fully build the motor vitara eagle rod h beams blah blah blah 440cc injectors, chrome setup, (done this with all my setups no problem) Looking for a nice machine shop to build this. Feel free to give me some resources.
Tune
Fully convert to 5 lug ctr with oem ctr wheels, stance coilovers, spoiler yada yada.
POSSIBLY 8pt cage.
fully convert interior and exterior (thinking about low max seats i like the feel but i hate the wait time for receiving them)
Repaint
Register for scca if i can be in a class if not, occasional horse thief mile and just have fun. Cause thats what its all about. No flush fit, no mad camber yo! Just grass root.

Sorry for the lonnnnnggg speech and talk. I look forward to sharing a new fun project and being back in the civic community. Peace.

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mighty Mau5 (00 Honda Civic EK)

update

Well its about 3 am right now and i traveled the world today. 3 weeks ago it finally happened. The civic motor when out. Not sure what happened but all i know is i let the girl drive it after our 200 mile commute as we were heading to vegas annnnnddddd she woke me up saying "i didnt do it." the car was smoking and smelt like radiator fluid. So i had to tripple a her back home. BUT i been saving money since for this fun project sooo i decided welllpppp lets just give her a new heart beat. Drove out to Winchester and picked up this.

Towed the vehicle off to the shop.... thanks cool tow guy!

Then two hours back on my drive i left the damn shift linkage. lol. I have everything to convert to manual, After that i said forget it, lets hit Craigslist. So i picked up a manual cluster, a arm rest, a shift linkage and a si post mount. I started in Winchester to Perris, to Riverside to Redlands, to fontana, then i got the thinking "hmmmm if auto zone was open right now i could kill everything needed to do before dropping the motor in......". Turns out the Fontana auto zone is 24hrs there! (ptl!) Not only that i got EVERYTHING NEEDED! from the gaskets (valve cover, oil pan, timing belt and water pump kit, rear main seal, plus all the fluids.) VICTORY! props to Joseph the manager for the funny convo and having everything needed.

256 dollars later i set on my journey home and as it sits now cause im not doing a damnnn think at 3:30am

k i lie.....Went to work and motor is already out!lol

I should have the motor and everything done by Sunday.

Next ill be ordering the exterior (oem spoiler, F&R lip, along with prepping for paint.) im still debating on the ctr disc/lug swap. I kinda want to purchase work 03s (thats if they are still available and not discontinued.) I need to look into the pcd if available for the 5 lug or if its only for 4. No flush fitment. Just taking it back to 95. Till then i need to upgrade to a in-dash. That stock radio is NOT the business. So ill be off shopping for a navi which needs to have Pandora or Sirius, 7 inch preferably. That way my travels will be more fun for the soon to be for the dd. Well im beat. Peace.

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Took a trip to Perris and met mr mono tech today for this cool thing!

Sat and chatted about two hours. Looking forward to working more with him soon. Yea I got something up my sleeve ^_^

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This could be great project. :D
Old 08-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Free 99 can't beat that!
Old 08-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright so allot of updates! I know it's been a minute but with work and other projects and events, It was kind of difficult to sit down, have a cup of joe and relax typing away. Anywho so the motor swap was a success HOWEVER that was until we tried to drive it. First off started up great! No issue! 1st gear "grind hard to put in" ok ok..... 2nd gear I had to force in.... Uhoh. 3rd gear..... There was no third at all. 4th well grinding like the rest but 5th was great! �� Sooo that being said transmission was toast and the motor was getting no power whatsoever as if it was on its last leg. So it was checked for wiring, tps sensor, the whole 9. Then it overheated.... The swap was no good! Motor had a bad headgasket, tranny was out and then the compression on the motor was barely in the 100 mark except one which was 2nd being 91. So we were back at step one. Soooooooooo I ended up buying this.......

Gsr tranny

99 b20b

so you can say I'm ready to rock and roll again. Sucks cause I planned on doing the Ls v route however after research this will get me in the 200 mark with some head work(next stew steps in the build process) which I plan on getting in the near future. Raider was kind enough to give me my money back for the swap along with a free fast and furious she'll with lambo doors and a bomex body kit. Lol the catch was I had to take the blown Ls motor in it. My buddy needed a shell so he was cool with it. ��

In the process of the build I needed motor mounts because the one from the Ls were no Bueno and since I had to replace the rear mount I needed to also replace the front driver side. From what I heard its prone to coming off using the stock mount on the ek. So took a trip to Godspeed!
Ran into son over here doing vinyl wrap on a maz which was for a customer,

For those who don't know I used to work with these guys back when fat boy garage was really a garage and a small office for almost 6 yrs. so seeing how they progressed and well where they are at now, is pretty awesome. Shout out to Sam and Chung on the mounts!
picture of the front office that needs to be organized! Lol

Anywho I picked up some mounts from them which I have used before on a old swap. Quality was there plus I mean there's perks to getting cool stuff and well they helped me along the way so why not pay it forward with using their mounts. They are very durable and strong. Only downside is they are on the slight vibrative side so if your looking for quiet I prefer hasport which I have used in the past. I can get further in detail but I'm not trying to make a tech and comparison article. Anyway here are the mounts.

Note these are not mine but to give you an idea how they look like. I didn't get a chance to take a photo like I meant to because I was anxious and excited to get the ball rolling on this but I can show you installed picks after I do more photo uploads. So fast forward motor was in however I forgot one thing and it was important... THE DAMN AC BRACKET!! Well no fear, Ebay is here!

So I had to wait on that. Till then it sat and well that weekend was the end of summer bike ride which was cool... Here some pix of that. I started from the high desert, to Ontario mills, to redondo beach, to long beach, to where I went back home.

Here we are at zimmnys (I think that's how it's spelt) in long beach. #gsxrcity
Btw Long beach in the summer, with all those women.... Some in yoga pants and Jean daisy duke shorts... ����������
Murcia!

So ac bracket came in, which was good cause I got tired of riding my truck around and developing unnecessary miles, we were ready to rock and roll! Andddd thennnnnn this happened!!

Not sure if most of you know but up here we had a horrible fire and on Tuesday I was evacuated out of my house which as you can see did not get burned down thanks to God. But it was my first actual stuck up the hill moment and it was crazy! We ended up staying in a hotel instead of the fair grounds where the evacuees were. I came back home Thursday. Finished up the motor swap and well I'll have some pics tonight. (Ohhhhh I know what a tease right?!) lol
✌️

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and yes gsr built by hypertech for adding the final drive. thank you again!

Exterior and body up next till the head work is up. Sourcing some parts overseas right now.

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet! Sucks about the other motor swap being bad doe.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:03 AM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BoBaFreak

Note these are not mine but to give you an idea how they look like. I didn't get a chance to take a photo like I meant to because I was anxious and excited to get the ball rolling on this but I can show you installed picks after I do more photo uploads. So fast forward motor was in however I forgot one thing and it was important... THE DAMN AC BRACKET!! Well no fear, Ebay is here!

Just so others know, you can use any 97-01 CRV a\c bracket from pick n pull for $10
It is a b series a/c bracket, that mount the d series compressor. Perfect for civic swaps!
Old 08-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Deetz
Just so others know, you can use any 97-01 CRV a\c bracket from pick n pull for $10
It is a b series a/c bracket, that mount the d series compressor. Perfect for civic swaps!
there was only one crv from the junk yard where I was at and it was already taken. This was my only option. I wasn't trying to travel 40 plus miles to the next salvage yard. Just pay, deliver, continue.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sooo this morning I woke up and saw a wet spot in my garage from the door, I knew it wasn't from the Lexus but behold!

it was quite confusing to tell where the source was coming from exactly while it being parked in here but it wasn't good. I was thinking the ps fluid seeing how I disconnected the actual belt itself. Then I thought maybe something from the engine. So I just took it step by step I took out the power steering. Looped the lines. Then I changed, my cluster to the manual one, then I went and cleaned up the oil through out. Took it out for a drive around the corner see if it had stopped.

Needless to say it didn't. In fact the oil left a trail to exactly where I drove and etc. by then I was pissed because forsure it was motor oil not only that new Mobil 1 I just put in so back to the drawing boards. So I get underneath look for a trail and behold look what I see....

still can't see it well look again and see what chipped off as I was examining it.

once again screwed by another seller..... The drain bolt is stripped and inserted crooked as if it was used by a torque tool but not only that part of the bolt grip is gone as you can see. I was not about to rage though I wanted to. Luckily I didn't drive far cause when I took the drain bolt off, not a drop of fluid came out. So pretty much my commute home yesterday could have cost me the transmission. So I could do two things, take it out and throw it at the guys window orrrrr just fix it the best I can. I went for option two cause ehhhh the tranny is smooth, no grinds or pop outs needless to say so I went to Lowes and purchased Campbell hausfeld ptfe strong Teflon tape and some Jb weld and got to work. So far it seems to be holding downside i completely covered the whole drain plug meaning I'll have to sheer off the Jb weld or by then I'll have a new case. Either way I'm crossing fingers we got somewhere. Tomorrow morning I'll be off to Honda for mtf and a washer before refilling the fluid.

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yesterday's objectives complete. Yes I got a hub. I was missing one and couldn't find another one and it made my car look ratchet just having three. Now it looks completely stock and appearance wise better lol. Till I decide on wheel purchase the hubs will stay cause we don't do fake wheels around here. Hell I rather have steelies than that. Uccck!

Went early to the salvage yard and picked up another cluster from a stock 00 ex. I swear imma stop buying things off craigslist. I just wanted a STOCK EFFIN CLUSTER NOT THIS!

somehow some way when I installed it it shorted out a fuse and I smelt a hint of smoke. Next thing you know none of my cluster functions work. So now I have to remember which fuse controls the tach functions. Went ahead and added the mtf and literally it took every amount of oil. Completely sealed and fixed all leaks, took her for a 100 mile trip and not one oil drop. PTL! One thing well..... Two things bothering me. Not knowing my temps and not knowing my speed ohh and the manifold rattling. I don't know if it's because of this china man exhaust manifold or its just loose. Came with the swap so whatever I'm gonna deal til I figure between the three company's which tri y I'm going with. 1320, plm, or skunk.

while doing the fluids as scared as I was of all the oil I checked to see if I lost any so I went to Lowes and purchased what you seen above which was measuring canisters. I use these every oil change just to see if I'm burning allot of oil, how it's looking etc etc. just a peace of mind. Right now no loss of oil.

That's it for now. I just made 2 exterior purchases that I'm waiting for from Malaysia. Then sourcing the OEM CTR front lip and we're off to platinum vip for the body and paint. I'm holding off on the head for two reasons. I'm trying to source a type r head which really seems near impossible to find. I found a brand new spankin one for 2k but realistically not worth it cause I could do a helluvallot more with 2k just for a head. Second reason is I want to test this block and tranny out for a month just to see how it goes before moving on and spending real money. If I can't find the head, im going the b16 route and just getting the stage 1 skunk kit and have Dave at RS machines to get it close to TR spec or better. That's it. ✌️

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:16 PM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

for 2K and the cost of getting it ready for the engine, i would just buy a new long block and transmission combo from hmotors and be done with the shady engine.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

B20 is literally the most boring motor next to the LS
Old 09-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
B20 is literally the most boring motor next to the LS
Yay my 1st troll! Dont talk about boring when you live in Pittsburgh �� I don't care what acres, property tax value and euphoric peace you have, it's still Pittsburgh. But I appreciate your service I also have family in AF. Annnyywaaayyyyyy update... Coming in from Malaysia.........

retttyyyyy sure I have the CLEANEST dc2 seats around >_< Car has been in the garage since all that. I been taking my truck and bike out. Fall is here. Still haven't found the type R head. I'm going to keep searching before calling skunk 2 and building the head to spec. After that I'll move on to suspension.

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 09-18-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

While I came home from work last night this arrived........

Civic has still been sitting. I would like to install these but now I think for ***** and giggles I'm going to purchase the ASR frame brace, Beaks tie bar, and rear sway to compliment the bottom end so that'll be the next purchase. JHP I'll be calling you very soon ��. I gotta another surprise coming up its a RARE one. I'll throw a hint, ARC...... Yep... We're going there. ✌️

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 01-23-2018 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I hate discussing progress with no pictures or saying what I'm buying or going to buy, creating and etc etc cluttering up internet space like it's a fn diary. So I'll just say what's happened cause Photobucket is being gay asf on my iPhone. Not sure if it's the update or this iPhone 7 anyway. 3 weeks ago I had to tow the civic late at night. All of a sudden when I was driving I couldn't shift. Lost all function of the tranny so I thought and literally had to force the ish into 2nd. Thought I blew the tranny but I didn't have any leaks or etc so I was able to get off the freeway as I was braking my whole car was shaking. Knew it wasn't a good sign. So afterward I hit a bump in the road and that was the straw that broke the camels back cause all of a sudden I couldn't drive it. Luckily I was able to maneuver into a taco ampm. Lifted up the hood and saw my post mount bolts were off and my motor was leaning down and snapped my axle shaft. Frustrated I put the car in the garage and it sat for three weeks til yesterday. �� I fixed it after making a trip to the junk yard and now where back on the road again but I have it parked. Decided to switch around riding the truck, bike and Lexus so I'm not doing wear and tear on just a single one. Soon as I'm not lazy I'll upload the photos from my computer and share. Arc is in the house! Foglights too. Still no Type r head. :/ , work is work I been on a 12hr 6 day roatation. I have no motivation to install anything. Just buy parts and throw the boxes in the garage.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Holy hell have I been gone for 8 months?!! Lol well time flies...
I have allot of updates. Just no motivation to sit here and type it all but I will tomorrow everything. Short summary of the next update.
B20 motor woes (mighty maus's garage break)
lexus gets hit by drunk driver,
a month later I get hit on my bike by a Verizon employee (fractured ribs)
picking up RSX.
mighty maus new motor update (b16b)
No more 4 lug (type r 5 lug swap)
and last but not least we go RHD.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old 01-23-2018, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Geeeshhh talk about keeping in touch and progress right? lol well i guess ill start where i left off back in 8-13. Seeing how im at work and nothing to do thought i waste 5 hours updating so itll motivate me to keep going. I hate having to do a massive update.... k ill stop babbling. Anywho
During one part of the season we had heavy rain and where i live we get Massive floods none the less during one of those massive floods, i decided i could possibly shift through and make it past and welll....... i didnt... lol the car got halfway through before it died. Then the water started rising. and i could see it starting to seep through the door. I hurried up and started the car and sped off. 2 more blocks i was home! Parked in the the garage took the ole shop vac and hair dryer and got all the water out so i thought. So i had parked the car in the garage for a few days and forgot about it all. Took it out a week later and was on my commute then i heard a knock...... that knock got louder then it dawned to me...... idiot you forgot to flush the oil right when i thought that motor seized.... b20 was done. Called aaa and had her towed home....

So while she was down i was back to commuting my lexus til i picked up another motor. About a month went by i was on my way to work in the morning. I was waiting at a left hand turn signal at a four way intersections with a median on both sides of the street (trying to give you a visualization), as im waiting there was a car coming northbound on the opposite side of the street. Hes coming maybe about 15-20 mph just real slow and i notice hes not stopping so im thinking (wtf is this person doing) so its a red light for him hes in the middle land when his car starts merging toward the left going to the opposite side of the street where im at. So in my head i start preparing for a accident. He passes the intersection barely almost getting t boned by a truck and by then hes halfway coming toward my lane and im honking at him. I literally had enough time to roll down my window scream, try to go in reverse to avoid id which i couldn't because of a car behind me and she literally tried to move but there was a truck behind her and then thats when i realized i was ****ed and just braced for impact. The end result.......

where you can see hes CLEARLY in the left hand lane and how far i was able to back up to try to avoid the accident... lol

So now were down to cars in a month lol. I wasnt trying to make it a third with my new truck so i started to take my bike. I got the settlement in the meantime to fix the lexus (7k) Decided to get a daily commuter for my fiancee and picked this up....

Sooooo now a month of that day i got into the accident in the lexus GUESSSSSSSS WHAT HAPPENS??? Im riding my bike on the fwy in between the carpool lane and the 1st fast lane. No lane splitting just cruising, when to my left a Verizon Suv decided he wants to merge in the carpool lane. He didnt see me im guessing because well he hit me... lol but i saw it coming and tried to avoid it so when i see him merge over i got off the gas hit his window but he already by then hit my bike. I wobble and my bike went straight, I went flying and then i woke up in the hospital.... 4 fractures, a dislocated shoulder and 2 broken toes... im on medical leave and stuck at home. I pray and am very thankful to be alive cause it could have turned out way worse than that. What was the kicker was 10 cars behind us was a chp officer who witnessed everything. He illegally merged with no blinker not only that he was automatically at fault because he was the only person in the vehicle merging in a carpool lane in a COMPANY VEHICLE. HELLLOOOOOO VERIIIZZZOOOONNNNN!!! Needless to say i was gonna get PAID! Heres my bike and the guy who hit me. This was a photo taken from the CHP.

Mind you i got hit a month of that day from the previous accident of my lexus...... lol. So now im down my lexus, my civic, and now my bike..... Well after that about 8 months later i received part of my settlement.

Ball out right? WRONG. I did the adult thing. I put 50,000 towards my son and daughter college fund. Put some into a savings for me and my fiancee wedding and then the rest to my mortgage. I received my other check which im still debating what to do with. While i was home though i bought some things. Straight from Malaysia!

Around the same time i went ahead and picked up a new motor b16 Ctr. Idk why but i decided to flush my radiator that day and decided to try this vinegar technique which did a pretty swell job taking out the built up materials in the radiator/engine. My pops told me about it. Topping the car with distilled vinegar, driving it for 2 days and then flush it out. heres some pictures.... id go into full detail but id be here all day. If you have questions just pm me.
here you can see just alone when i first put the distilled vinegar in its already doing it work.

close up....

I repeated this method about 3 times. till it was clear and then used redline and distilled water seeing i live in cali, my car is garaged majority and i dont deal with cold freezing temps.

Now the fun part.... So part of my settlement i went ahead and moved on to the next step of my build and picked this up..... Mind you do NOT i repeat DO NOT try do this way when picking up a clip to take home on the freeway on a uphill commute with tie downs strapped to your hooks in bedded in the truck and to pallets. talk about the most shady driving experience i had.... I felt so unsafe i went to lowes to buy extra tie downs so it wouldn't shift from a immediate brake check and land behind someone on top of their car. lol.

My road dawg big bruce tagged along for the trip.....

on my great adventure, CHP decided to give me a holler and see what the hell i was doing. lol

He let me go and i went on my way to drop this off to my buddys where it went to work and it was like this after it was done.....

Now its in the shop getting welded and put in (which it is now). The motor is getting dropped back in this week so i should have it up and running by this weekend......Hopefully. I still have other updates but its lunchtime. pz
Old 01-23-2018, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Having never really looked into or done a RHD swap, is that really the easiest way of doing it? Just welding it all in?
Old 01-23-2018, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ericjergs
Having never really looked into or done a RHD swap, is that really the easiest way of doing it? Just welding it all in?
NOOOOOO! There is no such thing as easy to this. You have to take the adhesive off around the frame then drill through the tack welds to separate the firewall. Then there was the cutting of the already cut chassis to get rid of the excessive amount of chassis you dont need, separating the sub frame and sway bar which weighed the most of of the whole cut end itself, busting out the window, So you can separate the dash. Then the wiring and little screws inside the dash. Its allot of work man. If it wasn't for the extra hands and a buddy of mine who has done a RHD, Id still be doing it myself lol. Theres a reason people charge 2-3k for a RHD swap and the turn around is 2-3 weeks.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BoBaFreak
NOOOOOO! There is no such thing as easy to this. You have to take the adhesive off around the frame then drill through the tack welds to separate the firewall. Then there was the cutting of the already cut chassis to get rid of the excessive amount of chassis you dont need, separating the sub frame and sway bar which weighed the most of of the whole cut end itself, busting out the window, So you can separate the dash. Then the wiring and little screws inside the dash. Its allot of work man. If it wasn't for the extra hands and a buddy of mine who has done a RHD, Id still be doing it myself lol. Theres a reason people charge 2-3k for a RHD swap and the turn around is 2-3 weeks.
Yeah I guess "easy" is relative haha. Well I hope it turns out well, I'd like to see some progress pics of it all being put together! Good luck man
Old 01-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ericjergs
Yeah I guess "easy" is relative haha. Well I hope it turns out well, I'd like to see some progress pics of it all being put together! Good luck man
I can ask and see. While i was taking the EK9 assembly apart with my buddies the shop was taking off the original panels, motor and prepping for the firewall on the car. We finished before them seeing how we went at it from 6pm to about 2,3 in the morning with smoke breaks, beer breaks.

Pics of the 5 lug swap. For the rear i went with the RSX-S setup. Im missing the brake sensor but i dont think itll be needed? I need to find out. Just need to get my axles at autozone and figure out my wheel options. Im trying to stick with 15" and run the spacers if needed to avoid hitting the calipers. having a silver car make its difficult finding a color setup that accommodates. Only colors (IMO) will flow without a over kill is bronze, white, or gold.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

There we go.

Told you the B20 was boring

Don’t get all butthurt next time. Not everyone wants to live in Cali. Most of it is pretty ******* terrible. And I’ve lived in a ton of places before here and I’ll move again soon enough. So remember many of us are way older and more experienced than you are.

good luck with the swapping
Old 02-07-2018, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
There we go.

Told you the B20 was boring

Don’t get all butthurt next time. Not everyone wants to live in Cali. Most of it is pretty ******* terrible. And I’ve lived in a ton of places before here and I’ll move again soon enough. So remember many of us are way older and more experienced than you are.

good luck with the swapping
LOL Please do NOT take me serious on the internet. Ive been known to be a tool unless you know me in person. BTW lovin the progress on the hatch. I see you got a strong connection with the guys at ICB... Seeing stuff thats been sold out that you encountered... If you happen to get your hands on a No good racing steering wheel, holler. Im paying top dollar for one.

As far as the civic i put her on the back burner. The weather in cali is warming up and its time to bring the bikes out. I just took her apart for a complete makeover. Right now im re sealing the forks, purchasing a new stay frame since the wreck, valve adjustment,, new fairings (already ordered), repaint the frame, add the crash cage and subframe. I already did the chain and sprockets. (D.I.D and JT sprockets one down 2 up setup.) This will probably be a 2 month project. I plan on riding it to work vs the civic until i purchase the alarm kill switch set up. Not ready to lose a good investment or it be gone midway through the build, The tear down.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mighty Mau5 (00 Honda Civic EK)