Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Looking to buy a new honda

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a new honda

Well, I have owned a chevrolet cavalier as my first car where I was actually the first driver, and it was a shitbox, but at least I got to get some experience with driving before jumping into modifications.

Now I am looking for a new vehicle, one that I can use as a daily driver AND enjoy modding. After copious amounts of research, I think the civic is my best bet. I like the Nissan S14s, but they are getting quite old to use as a daily driver and spend money on. I am pretty bent on getting a 2001+ car. Now here are my questions:

My budget is 5000-8000$ (8000$ is a big max) for the car itself, excluding insurance. So keep this in mind for what I am about to ask:

1) Is getting a k20 swap wise if it's a daily driver (I live in Montreal Quebec, there is quite the winter season here)? Can it still be viable? Also how much does it cost to get it done? Guesstimate.
2) What is the potential of the stock V-techs without a swap? Are any cheaper swaps available to me that would give me a bit more "punch".
3) What year is best keeping everything I've said up to now in mind. What differentiates all these year models?
4) I know everybody loves civics here, but tell me... What would be my other options?

Thanks a lot, your help is very much appreciated. I look forward to joining this great community!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: Looking to buy a new honda

Every question you just posted has been answered before, whether it be in the FAQ's or in previous threads. Please read the Forum Guidelines before making new threads, from now on.

To save you time:
1. I daily drove my K-swapped EM2 for a year before I got a replacement daily driver. You're looking at $5,000 at the very least for a K-swap (that's a bone stock K20A3 swap, with lots of used OEM parts).

2. The stock D17A2 won't do anything without boost or nitrous (bolt-ons won't net any gains).

3. There really is no "best", as each has their own share of pros and cons.

4. Seek other forums for that kind of information.

PS. It's spelled "VTEC" not "V-tech". V-Tech is a phone manufacturer, and has nothing to do with Honda.