Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Finally picked up 92 Civic LX, Need some input!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally picked up 92 Civic LX, Need some input!!!!

So I picked up a 92 Civic LX, it needs some work and has an oil leak that is through the roof, Literally! Just wanna get some input on everything seeing as i cant really find nothing but ricer Sh*t on eBay for it... ill be posting pics very shortly of it, really not a bad car for 400 bucks though... also I saw someone who had a bumper on a 92 95 that was made to look like the 99 00 civic front bumper...where the hell do you find these!? thanks for the input guys, and No rice allowed!

What the hell was Honda smokin when they thought this ugly *** brown color looked good!?

WTF??? Are you serious!?

It would probably use oil if the oil was in the motor long enough to burn off...

As you can see, someone didnt bother to take care of this thing, oil sprayed everywhere, Ghetto Inc. 4x6 speakers in a "Ghetto Inc. Custom" speaker box, duct taped cup holder, still tryin to figure out who thought an interior color the shade of **** brown was a good idea, the DS rear window wont go up or down from its current position. There was literally 1/4" of oil and sludge built up coating the ENTIRE block, I cleaned most of it off revealing the massive beastly 102hp D15B7, was this a joke from Honda? Either way im debating which swap to do so any input is appreciated, also ill be picking up a carbon fiber hood, would like to get some different headlights and corners but pretty much all of them out there look like rice, planning on stripping all of the interior and dying, or painting the panels and dash etc black, new carpet, new seats...the smell inside the car smells worse than some murder scenes ive worked, this should be fun. lookin for input! LMK

Last edited by FearTheH; 05-28-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally picked up 92 Civic LX, Need some input!!!!

bump for pics...
Old 05-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, no one? not even going to flame me!?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what r your plans with this car?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im debating an LS swap or either swapping my b16a2 out of my em1 if i end up swapping a K series in that. carbon hood, gunna get probably some ebay headlights and corners(nothing ricey) want to get a set of civic HX wheels and slap on there, drop it maybe 2-2 1/2" im even debating new tails, i would like to find some like the 99 00's but i doubt those are made for this car, however ive seen the ones with with clear on top and red on the bottom and im not really a fan. all in all though i would like to totally go through this car, repaint championship white, ls turbo swap, strip the interior and dye panels, replace seats, carpet and so forth... Im very very new to 92 95's especially 4 doors so im trying to gather opinions on here to see whats available to me for this thing. But honestly for 400 bucks, i couldnt pass it up.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 AM
New User

if u were close to fl..i have a d16z6,no oil leaks,100k...just did every thing=altanator new,water pump 1k,axels 10k,ecm fuel rod....realize i want a b18c1....everything $700
Old 05-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, id drive if it were cheaper lol... i really want a b series, im going to look into building a b20 block and boostin it. got some new pics of the engine bay cleaned up... cleaned up really good too, still got some sludge on the block but ill need a good pressure washer to get that.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
New User

never mind...u bought a auto?the trans comes with that too.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yep i bought an auto... for 400 bucks i couldnt let it get away. has too much potential. it wont be auto for too long, i hate them haha i always put my foot to the floor to start them lmao, oops i forgot theres no clutch! definitely think ill end up going b20 turbo, what do you guys think??
Old 05-29-2009, 11:47 AM

I say rock the D until you throw a rod! Get your $400 worth out of the engine and then swap in a K series. Nobody does that even though we all want too.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL i wish i had the funds to get a K series, unless one of my friends totals their rsx i prolly will rock it as long as i can, i really just cleaned it up for one to tell where the oil leak is, and two...well it just looked like complete trash.

Last edited by FearTheH; 05-30-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt for sleeved B20 block with eagle rods and JE pistons and about 20psi of boost
Old 05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll look tomorrow, I MAY still have some leak finder solution in the shed... Can't make any promises though... My spring compressors from Snapon will be in this upcoming week if you're lookin to lower that thing soon... I ordered em Wed. so I could lower my buddy's SR swapped 240...
Old 05-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks nice, i like it in white and that looks like a damn clean body on it too! good start
Old 05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh and if you want inspiration on a white EG8, check out CivicSeth's car on here, if you search his username you should find his picture thread, thing is gorgeous.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my lx

stock headlights and corners don't look to bad i think.. just get amber corners if anything
and for the **** brown interior.. i just kind of got used to it, had to get some tan teg seats though.. i hate eg seats
Old 05-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FearTheH
wow, no one? not even going to flame me!?
Damn, that is one ugly freaking car. I'd punch someone for spraypainting their interior, but in your case, that would be an improvement.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

definitely thanks for the pics, that thing is clean man...not a huge fan of the wheels but if you like it thats what matters. i really want to find a decent set of hx wheels and spray them bronze. as for the corners, you cant tell but the very first pic on this thread, that PS corner is half filled with water lol so those are def getting replace with some ambers. for suspension im debating different coilover systems so if you have any suggestions from personal experience LMK, ive got tokico illumina coilover system on my EM1, theyre decent but not the best ride quality. as for interior, the brown has gotta go and seats im thinking some EP3s maybe? just basically just tryin to get some ideas of what to do with this thing seein as i really just bought it for the backseat lol definitely still in between on the B20 or H22 possibly. Thanks for the input so far! keep it comin!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
Damn, that is one ugly freaking car. I'd punch someone for spraypainting their interior, but in your case, that would be an improvement.
LMAO! not spray painting, im dying it, spray paint chips...even the stuff made for interior. the brown is definitely a major eye sore though
Old 05-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wasn't serious dude, that was quite a find since the body looks great. In person the tan interior isn't as bad, but the gray interior looks much better.
Good luck, post pics when it's done.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol i know you werent, but i was! the interior is sickening IMO, but indeed, it was a hell of a find, the body has one dent total, and if you look hard enough at the 3rd pic in this thread you can see the tiny little dent, it appears as a black spec in the pic right above the left outer tail light... im pretty psyched to see what it will look like when its done, especially after looking up civicseth's white 4 door...HOTT!
oh and i finally got around to washing the car, and turtle wax "ice" car wash liquid would not take the red mud looking dirt that seemed to be etched into the paint from not being washed. I definitely had to use a jug of purple stuff cleaner to get this nasty **** off! looks pretty decent though.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can pull the carpet back from inside the trunk and I wouldn't be surprised if you could push the metal back where it's dented.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Claybar, homie...
Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im gunna try tappin it out with a hamme and dolly, if that doesnt work ill just fill it but really tryin to keep this whole car free of filler.