Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question

Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question

Afternoon everyone,

Its about time I need to get my car serviced (the light is coming on) but also at times, my TCS light on the dash will come on .. and at very random times.. I was wondering if that had something to do with the light being on, or if I have another problem I need to worry about.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (mdh061)

If it is simply the maintenance light then that has nothing to do with the TCS as it is simply a timer. As far as the TCS light does it only happen during acceleration or sharp turning? Maybe your tires are just worn.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (H2290)

I also have a TCS light come on almost everytime I drive but it only comes on after a few minutes of driving and sometimes does not come on at all. I can always get rid of it by restarting the car. I have an appointment to get it checked out this weekend. No other lights come on at the same time. I have read that if the Check engine light comes on as well that the transmission might be an issue if the car is throwing trans codes. Any help or knowledge on the TCS would help. Also, is there a way to just disable the TCS light by fuse or something similar. I could live with out TCS...

Thanks...

Update, The light did not come on for the service guys ($98) so they told me to come back when it does. They said no codes came up...

Modified by cbenko at 12:58 PM 8/23/2007
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (cbenko)

Many cars will kill the TCS if you have an ABS or check engine code. You could have what is called a one trip code, with no check engine light, the CEL comes on for two trip codes only. Get it scanned, let us know.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (Duane_in_Japan)

I am experiencing the same problem with one additional quirk. Some time the TCS light comes on after starting the car and then depressing the break peddle to take the car out of park. When this happens the transmission is locked in park and may require several restarts before getting the car to come out of park. I checked the computer codes and only had an incident of an EGR flow fault. Any help is appreciated. Bill.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:00 AM

wuts up guys, well i have read everyones issue about the tcs light and it is happening to me as well. not so long ago my break light switch got messed up so that killed my trans. so it locked it while in park, might help someone in here. and i went to honda and they told me it might b a little sensor or what not that they'll charge me 100 bucks to check so im decidin either to take it or not. the car works fine but seems like the tcs does interfere with the cars performance so you guys might think its just tcs but it really does make a difference. i bought the car not too long ago and before the tcs issue the car ran perfect but now it seems different ever since. well i hope someone can help with this tcs gay thing thats pretty much killing me.

daddij
Old 10-04-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (daddij)

Did anyone figure this out? I've been having this issue for a few months. I was just putting up with it. But, it's getting worse.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (bfos7215)

My dealer replaced the ABS module and it was fixed-I had the same problem. The first time I took it in they replaced the brake switch, but that didn't do any good. The ABS module costs about 1000.00 if it's not under warranty-mine was still covered. It's about 1000.00 for the module through the dealer.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Man, it's SO weird. My TCS light doesn't come on AT ALL. I found out that the system works it's just that the bulb may be burned out. $400 to replace a bulb? No thank you.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:27 PM

sounds like you have storeed codes i agree have it scanned and let me know hope it will not cost a small fortune. good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:13 AM

on my 03 Accord Ex, the TCS, and the little triangle to the left of it (both in orange color) come on after driving for a few seconds. The brake light also is on (in red).

I'm taking the car to have the brakes checked first make sure the pads and sensors are ok. so what next? should I replace the switch under the pedal?

If ABS module is faulty I would think the ABS light would be on. I tried the ABS and it is working. For those who may need an ABS module there are places that rebuilt your old module for about $300. Just do a search on the web.

thanks,
03 Accord EX
Old 08-05-2008, 01:39 PM

Default Re: (ataie)

I recently have been getting the ABS, TCS and the exclamation point coming on all together (all three). It doesn't always come on, and at times it hasn't appeared for over a week. I do not notice anything different while driving. This is on a 2003 Accord EX V6, six-speed coupe.

Any ideas? Hopefully, not the ABS.

Mike
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (maroot)

would suggest taking to a Honda dealer or indepent Honda Service center. You don't want to take a chance with brakes!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:51 AM

Default Re: (dramsey@vtaig.com)

search-this has been covered a ton...

If your brakes are fine it's either the brake switch on the pedal or the ABS module. I've been through the same problem too. Mine was the ABS module.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my 2003 Accord EX v6 was doing the same thing for the past couple of months...

The TCS light would come on at random times during driving. I would restart the car and it would be off.

But recently the TCS light is coming on and the Check engine light comes on and the car acts like it cant go anywhere. The code reads p2138 which is for the Throttle Position Sensor. I have it at honda now getting fixed (f'ing $600!!) I hope this fixes the issue.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (Toda Built)

nOOb - I'm interested in what you found out. I've been having a similar issue and it seems to be getting worse.

Planned to start with the brake switch first, but I'm looking for any info on it I can get.

If it turns out to be the ABS controller I'm gonna lose it. Just had an issue with that on my daughters car. Got it rebuilt for $300 in stead of the $1000 to replace.

Please share what you've learned on this.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question (Garrison5)

The brake switch fixed the TCS light problem.. and I needed a new throttle body and throttle body position sensor that fixed my CEL
Old 08-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (maroot)

Try to get brake light switch replaced first.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im having the same problem... but i got the throttle body changed already... still have p2138 code is there anything i can do
Old 06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question

I got the TCS in my 2003 Accord EX V6 Coupe, seems to be an issue with the 2003.. It's only the TCS light, not the ABS or Brake Light.. No engine light either.. So I'm thinking about just letting it ride.. and not worrying with it... does anybody know if ignoring the problem with make it go away?? (just joking) But seriously could ignoring it lead to something else???
Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 PM
New User

yoda, i'm having the exact same thing happen to my car. only tcs light, none of the others. but i've also had troubles getting it out of park. i'm going to try a brake light switch, logically it can make all the symptoms occur. plus it's only $10 at advanced. i'll let you know how it goes in about a week. until then and for the future, the traction control system may cause some performance issues but will not cause any damage to the car. if the brake like switch is the culprit it could leave you stuck somewhere because the trans may not come out of park. hope it's not a module prob.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CnRed13
yoda, i'm having the exact same thing happen to my car. only tcs light, none of the others. but i've also had troubles getting it out of park. i'm going to try a brake light switch, logically it can make all the symptoms occur. plus it's only $10 at advanced. i'll let you know how it goes in about a week. until then and for the future, the traction control system may cause some performance issues but will not cause any damage to the car. if the brake like switch is the culprit it could leave you stuck somewhere because the trans may not come out of park. hope it's not a module prob.
Thanks man..
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Trial User

hey guys i was wondering if any one can help me??
i have a previously salvaged 2001 accord v6 and it was hit in the right side (took out the abs and all) so after it was all repaired i drove it for a day and then it started shacking realy bad and the TCS light and check engine came on!
so i took it to the dealer and thay said my cam positioning sensor was bad and possibly the pully it reads off of.
so i got that replaced and did the 100,000 mile tune up while i was at it (water pump, sparkplugs, belts etc..)
the dealer charged me $200 for diagnostics but after all that the car stoped shacking and the checkengine went off but the TCS stayed on!!!
and everytime i go to the dealer they charge me $100 and tell me i need a new abs computer so i get one at the junk yard and the tell me its bad get a new one then charge me $100 for diagnostics
so i went there 5 times back and forth with different computers just to get charged $100 bucks and get sent away so then i finaly just took my freinds perfectly good abs computer (off his running car) and put it on, took it to the dealer got charged 96.56 for diagnostics and got sent away.
they said thats a bad computer too
clearly this is a miss diagnos
and i'm tired of throwing money at them
SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!
ALL IDEAS WELCOME!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Trial User

Ok I too have a 03 Honda Accord V6 that is having the same issues with the TCS and Break sensors.

My break light is always on and the TCS light comes on when I start the car (with all the other idiot lights) goes off and then comes back on when I move the car....then it stays on.

Both these issues started years ago at which time I had them checked out by a break repair shop. I was told there was nothing wrong with the breaks that they were safe and not to worry about it. I have had my breaks changed several times and nothing changes. Everything seems to be working fine, I just have the lights staring at me.

I talked to Honda the other day(because we are selling the car) and they told me that the break light sensor is tied to a sensor in the master cylinder and that it is not worth it to replace if the breaks are in fact working. Now they could not tell me if the TCS light was tied to that or something else without checking that out. They said that it could be several things.

On a different note...I too had an issue in the past where the car would not come out of park. This was intermittent and when it did happen I could restart the car several times and it would un-stick, or I could stomp on the break and it would free up. I found out that this issue was due to the sensor on the back of the break peddle. Easy and cheep fix! It didn’t help the sensor lights but it doesn’t get stuck in park anymore either.

Hope some of this helps. If anyone has any other suggestions that would help with the break sensor or the TCS lights please let me know.

p.s....I have heard things about a break sensor tied to the emergency break. Where can I find that? Is it an easy fix?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question

2003 Accord with 175K
Just got the brake light on and followed by TCS. After googling, disconnected the low brake fluid sensor connector from the side of Brake fluid resorvior. that has resolved the issue and brake light is functioning good for the parking brake.

But as soon as i have connected the low brake fluid sensor connector again, brake light is back on.

Can someone plz confirm that there is no replacment of this low brake fluid sensor connector on the side of resorvior other than replacing the whole brake master cylinder in 2003 Accords??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 Accord EX V6 - TCS Light Question