Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Turning off passive arming on Compustar alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I serve phở for my babies

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turning off passive arming on Compustar alarm

hey guys I have a 2W900FMR Compustar alarm system and I was wondering how would I turn off the passive arming? I think it's pointless to have it especially when I park my car in my garage and the alarm locks the car after 30 seconds..

the manual says hold down (I,IV) for two seconds to enter Menu 2 then I will be able to turn off the passive arming..Once I enter Menu 2 I don't have a clue on how to turn off the passive arming..

Whenever I hold down(I,IV) to enter menu 2 the alarm chirps for a second and stops.. does that mean anything?

TIA
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Turning off passive arming on Compustar alarm

wow this passive arming stuff is getting on my nerves.. i just locked me keys in my car and my 1way remote doesn't work
Old 02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You did not hear the siren chirping telling you it was going to arm?
You do know you can have passive arming without locking the doors when it passively arms but will lock when actively arming, right?

You can turn the passive arming on and off with the remote, press and release buttons II and III at the same time, [2way remote] and unlock and trunk release on 1way remote.

If 1way is not working you will need to use the 2way to turn off passive arming and then reprogram bot remotes, kind of pointless having a back-up remote if it does not work. 94
Old 02-05-2009, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by fcm
You did not hear the siren chirping telling you it was going to arm?
You do know you can have passive arming without locking the doors when it passively arms but will lock when actively arming, right?

You can turn the passive arming on and off with the remote, press and release buttons II and III at the same time, [2way remote] and unlock and trunk release on 1way remote.

If 1way is not working you will need to use the 2way to turn off passive arming and then reprogram bot remotes, kind of pointless having a back-up remote if it does not work. 94
well i ran inside to go **** real quick, lol that's why i didn't hear the siren chirping..

what exactly is the difference between the passive and active arming?

i programmed the 1 way the night before, and i reset the brain with the 5 clicks because my two-way battery died so i guess it reset everything and disabled all of the remotes that were programmed to it?

when i used to do the 5 clicks with my old automatic brain the 1 way would still be programmed to the brain.. which led me to think my new Manual brain would do the same..

so in order for me to disable the automatic locks after i close my door i hold for 1/2 second the (II,III) buttons right?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Pressing, [1/2 sec.] buttons II and III will turn passive arming on and off, it has nothing to do with the power door locks, other then because the alarm does not arm the doors do not lock.

Passive arming = alarm will arm by itself.
Active arming = you must use remote to arm alarm.

Power door locking during passive arming is programmable, it can be turned on or off, you can have passive arming without having the doors lock. 94
Old 02-05-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by fcm
Pressing, [1/2 sec.] buttons II and III will turn passive arming on and off, it has nothing to do with the power door locks, other then because the alarm does not arm the doors do not lock.

Passive arming = alarm will arm by itself.
Active arming = you must use remote to arm alarm.

Power door locking during passive arming is programmable, it can be turned on or off, you can have passive arming without having the doors lock. 94
whenever i pushed button II and III for 1/2 second the passive bar came on my two way and it still does the passive arming and it also locks the doors automatically, it's doing the same thing as it did without being in passive mode..

is there anyway u can tell me how to turn off the automatic door locking?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
fcm
Old Fart

http://www.staub.ca/pdf/manuals/Firs...all_manual.pdf page 5 Programming Menu #2 (2/3) if you have the CM3000 brain.

Bar on screen under passive should be off for active arming. 94

Last edited by fcm; 02-06-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by fcm
http://www.staub.ca/pdf/manuals/Firs...all_manual.pdf page 5 Programming Menu #2 (2/3) if you have the CM3000 brain.

Bar on scree under passive should be off for active arming. 94
thanks man, i'll look it over and holla if i got any other questions
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 PM

dang i turned off the passive arming on Menu #2 (2/3) and it still does the same thing, is it possible my brain is defective? i bought it off ebay
Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
fcm
Old Fart

It's beginning to sound like it, try a reboot, disconnect batt. neg. wait 15 min. and reconnect and try again.

BTW Programing Menu #2, 2/3 is not for turning off passive arming on/off, just whether the doors lock or not during passive arming.

It is a good bet the Compustar you got off eBay is one that was recalled/pulled and sold for salvage by Compustar.

A common practice by alarm manufacturers, [and other electronics manufacturers] is when a defect is found in the field or during production, that run of units will be recalled or pulled and sold for salvage, the buyer will strip the units and sell the part for a profit, some parts even get sold back to the manufacturer, sirens, wiring harnesses, cases and so on] it is much cheaper for the manufacturer to do this then to make the repairs, this is where your problem comes in, the buyer can make a much bigger profit reselling the complete unit to say a vendor on eBay, this is where you come in, you see a unit on eBay at 1/2 or less then the same unit at an authorized dealer, and it's "brand new in a box", how can you go wrong, well now you know.

What kind of warranty did the eBay vendor offer?
Most will offer something, maybe you can get a new brain. 94
Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by fcm
It's beginning to sound like it, try a reboot, disconnect batt. neg. wait 15 min. and reconnect and try again.

BTW Programing Menu #2, 2/3 is not for turning off passive arming on/off, just whether the doors lock or not during passive arming.

It is a good bet the Compustar you got off eBay is one that was recalled/pulled and sold for salvage by Compustar.

A common practice by alarm manufacturers, [and other electronics manufacturers] is when a defect is found in the field or during production, that run of units will be recalled or pulled and sold for salvage, the buyer will strip the units and sell the part for a profit, some parts even get sold back to the manufacturer, sirens, wiring harnesses, cases and so on] it is much cheaper for the manufacturer to do this then to make the repairs, this is where your problem comes in, the buyer can make a much bigger profit reselling the complete unit to say a vendor on eBay, this is where you come in, you see a unit on eBay at 1/2 or less then the same unit at an authorized dealer, and it's "brand new in a box", how can you go wrong, well now you know.

What kind of warranty did the eBay vendor offer?
Most will offer something, maybe you can get a new brain. 94

i will try a reboot.. i would like for the car not to lock on it's own after 30 seconds like you described.. and the seller offered a 10 day warranty from the date it was delivered i believe, i will contact them..
Old 02-08-2009, 09:42 AM
fcm
Old Fart

"i would like for the car not to lock on it's own after 30 seconds"

You should be able to do so, along with controlling passive/active arming with the remote control. 94
Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by fcm
"i would like for the car not to lock on it's own after 30 seconds"

You should be able to do so, along with controlling passive/active arming with the remote control. 94
for the car not to lock after 30 seconds is described as passive/active arming right?

and last night my reservation mode stopped working! when i get home from school i'm gonna try and reset the system by disconntectnig the negative side of the battery
Old 02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Active arming = you must use the remote control to arm the alarm.
Passive arming = alarm will arm itself, [in 30sec.].
Selecting passive or active arming is done with the remote control.

Whether the doors lock or not during passive arming is a programmable feature, Menu #2 Feature #3 (2/3) so you must go into programing mode to do so, the remote control is used to do this, as described in the install manual.94