Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Humming Noise in 1990 Accord?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humming Noise in 1990 Accord?

I tried to start my car today in my '90 Accord. I turned the key and it made this humming noise, only when the key is turned. I tried to start the car and it turned over once then it just shut back off. So I tried it again around an hour and a half later, the humming noise is still going only when the key is turned but now the car starts and works fine. I think the humming noise sounds like it is coming from underneath the dashboard maybe. I am going to take it to Advance Auto Parts to get an Electrical Test done to see if it's the battery, alternator, or starter but do you think it could be anything else? I had troubles before with the "Sport mode" light being on and the car wouldn't run as good but had it fixed and the light, I believe still stays on but it has worked fine. What could be the problem with my old car? lol
Old 01-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Humming Noise in 1990 Accord?

Originally Posted by jttrct4
I tried to start my car today in my '90 Accord. I turned the key and it made this humming noise, only when the key is turned. I tried to start the car and it turned over once then it just shut back off. So I tried it again around an hour and a half later, the humming noise is still going only when the key is turned but now the car starts and works fine. I think the humming noise sounds like it is coming from underneath the dashboard maybe. I am going to take it to Advance Auto Parts to get an Electrical Test done to see if it's the battery, alternator, or starter but do you think it could be anything else? I had troubles before with the "Sport mode" light being on and the car wouldn't run as good but had it fixed and the light, I believe still stays on but it has worked fine. What could be the problem with my old car? lol
Other than the normal "uncalled for" answer to anything involving "Humming" , I'm at a bit of a loss.

If this is located on the right/center area of the dashboard, you may have a issue developing with the Heater Blower Motor.
Relays (and even the Directional Flasher) can make 'buzzing' noises.

If you can be a litle more difinitive, maybe we can pin this down for you.

P