Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

How to check your TPS sensor on an OBD2 'teg

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to check your TPS sensor on an OBD2 'teg

earlier i was looking around for this info after tracking down an idle problem that was directly related to this sensor. since i couldn't find a thread with a 1,2,3 on how this is done i decided to create one after i read up on everything. what you want to see is .48 to .50v at closed throttle and 4.5v at WOT. the red wire is the lead you test and the ground can be anywhere. since the battery was near by i decided to use it. also note this test must be done with the key ON

Modified by idrivesideways at 7:11 PM 11/8/2008
Old 11-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to check your TPS sensor on an OBD2 'teg (idrivesideways)

there is another step to do when testing the throttle position sensor, u wanna back probe the connector with safety pin or somthing, to check for open and closed throttle voltage, but also u wanna slowly crack the throttle open and check that the voltage increases smoothly, and with no dead spots

when i put my setup together, I put on an itr throttle body and a blox throttle position sensor. after coming off the dyno i noticed my car had a really bad jerking issue when cruising at very light throttle or when first tipping into the throttle. I back probed the tps and sure enough .48v at idle and 4.5v full throttle, but when I cracked the throttle open a hair, it had a dead spot, and skipped right to .8v and was smooth from there up. I put on a oem honda tps, and tested it, voltage climbed smooth and steady, and car drives perfect now.

cliffs:check for smooth and steady voltage sweep when opening the throttle, and blox tps sux, oem honda ftw

Old 11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to check your TPS sensor on an OBD2 'teg (JRSC01GS-R)

totally believe it. blox scares me a bit. i'm using their manifold but worried about their cams. i thought about using A's but decided on crower instead. parts that have to be dead exact always seem to perform better when you use quality. i just installed an ITR TB myself & used the OE honda sensor. now that you mention it i'm going to go check the voltage and make sure it's a smooth sweep. it should be since it's an OE sensor but you never know 'till you test it.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to check your TPS sensor on an OBD2 'teg

i used blox type A's before on my gsr and i loved it, it was better than my type r cams and i can feel the difference. pull s2000 and rsx type s like it was nothing, plus best part is the sound of vtec.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to check your TPS sensor on an OBD2 'teg (idrivesideways)

Originally Posted by JRSC01GS-R
there is another step to do when testing the throttle position sensor, u wanna back probe the connector with safety pin or somthing, to check for open and closed throttle voltage, but also u wanna slowly crack the throttle open and check that the voltage increases smoothly, and with no dead spots

when i put my setup together, I put on an itr throttle body and a blox throttle position sensor. after coming off the dyno i noticed my car had a really bad jerking issue when cruising at very light throttle or when first tipping into the throttle. I back probed the tps and sure enough .48v at idle and 4.5v full throttle, but when I cracked the throttle open a hair, it had a dead spot, and skipped right to .8v and was smooth from there up. I put on a oem honda tps, and tested it, voltage climbed smooth and steady, and car drives perfect now.

cliffs:check for smooth and steady voltage sweep when opening the throttle, and blox tps sux, oem honda ftw
So the Tps voltage is 0.8v CT and WOT voltage? I think i'm facing this issue as well. Now I setting 0.88v and wot around 4.97v now the car seem running smooth. But is this save I mean no fuel rich running idle? Thanks and sorry to bring this dead thread.