Notices

Large amount of condensation and carbon coming out of the exhaust, bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:09 PM
476 whp / 323 tq @ 17 PSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large amount of condensation and carbon coming out of the exhaust, bad?

I have a ripped flex pipe at my downpipe so everytime I start up my car, a fairly large amount of carbon mixed in condensation dumps out. Worried me when I first saw it, thinking it might be oil, but when I wiped it with paper towels, you could tell its not oil and just carbon mixed with a lot of water/condensation. I searched and got a lot of people saying that carbon and condensation is normal but I was wondering if there is an amount of it that draws the line from being normal. The size of the average spill of carbon/condensation i get onto the floor is about the diameter of a tennis ball. No smoke either. Let me know what you guys think and if you can explain the reason why I have so much. The motor is fully built making 476 whp 323 tq @ 17 PSI. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Large amount of condensation and carbon coming out of the exhaust, bad? (JDM turbo DC)

anyone?
Old 11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Large amount of condensation and carbon coming out of the exhaust, bad? (JDM turbo DC)

that doesn't sound terrible, a lot of the reason you are seeing it now is because it is not getting burnt up or stuck in the muffler with the rip in your flex pipe, I have ran open down pipe on a majority of my cars and have always had the same thing, I have huge spots in my garage where I would let it sit and idle for a bit in the morning and a bunch of carbon with condensation got on the floor.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Large amount of condensation and carbon coming out of the exhaust, bad? (Squigglez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Squigglez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that doesn't sound terrible, a lot of the reason you are seeing it now is because it is not getting burnt up or stuck in the muffler with the rip in your flex pipe, I have ran open down pipe on a majority of my cars and have always had the same thing, I have huge spots in my garage where I would let it sit and idle for a bit in the morning and a bunch of carbon with condensation got on the floor.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, just wanted a couple experiences from others
Old 11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i'm getting the same thing.. open downpipe here too