Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (PansitPinoy)

Originally Posted by PansitPinoy

I have the one from Mitico (mitico.com). It is not a pain in the *** to put on. Even if it were, it definitely beats getting your R stolen, right? It literally takes me 30 seconds to install and remove the wheel boot.
This highlights a key ingredient to protecting your caR. Inconvenient for you means it will take a thief time to steal your car. Time is your ally here folks. That is why layers are effective. A single item is ineffective, but many working together increase the time it takes to steal your car.

The boot is a wonderful idea. I plan to make the purchase here very shortly.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (coolhandluke)

Originally Posted by coolhandluke

This highlights a key ingredient to protecting your caR. Inconvenient for you means it will take a thief time to steal your car. Time is your ally here folks. That is why layers are effective. A single item is ineffective, but many working together increase the time it takes to steal your car.

The boot is a wonderful idea. I plan to make the purchase here very shortly.
Well said.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Genetically Gay

Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (The Dude)

try them Gorilla grip 3 for security..

http://gorilla-auto.com/the.gorilla.grip.3
Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (KILLAB17VTEC)

Originally Posted by KILLAB17VTEC
try them Gorilla grip 3 for security..

http://gorilla-auto.com/the.gorilla.grip.3
Note, this item is merely an annoyance, rather than an effective layer. Those with a removable steering wheel will not even be able to use this piece.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (nb0)

<FONT COLOR="blue">BEN STILLER APPROVED!!!</FONT>
Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (cxSHOE)

I'd like to thank you for the personal write up on how to install the wheel boot correctly, cxSHOE. It's been about a year, and I've only sent it to one other ITR owner (coolhandluke), lol.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (PansitPinoy)

Old 11-13-2008, 04:41 AM

Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (jdmeg6118)

Lets face it....none of these preventions really do a whole lot. Thieves are towing our cars probably on flat beds, and if they wanted to, even with a boot they could rip the car and drag it onto a flat bed.

You want to know the best and probably only annoyance that might save your car? C

Cementing a big chain into the ground, and wrapping it around all sorts of parts on your car.

AND

DOGS, BIG DOGS.

If you have a sensitive alarm, like walk by it and it beeps right away sensitive, they would probably set it off trying to hacksaw through a chain or pop the lock, they'd have to kill the dogs after they started barking very loudly, get the tow truck hooked up....all without waking me, and me getting my gun sitting by the bed and putting one through their heads.....

I know many of you park further away from your cars, but if you car is close enough, the key is that the theif HAS to do something that would wake you up and take them long enough, even with a tow truck, that you'd be able to call the cops and put a gun to their heads in the mean time.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together (totsie7944)

Old 12-12-2008, 11:36 AM

most people kno about it but master lock the steering colum is probably the only thing that can stop a theive
Old 12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=gosu08;36198045]get a boot for your car. ive heard of some people doing that in different forums

Where would you get one of these things? I've also had this idea run through my head.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Tickle-shits

Thieves dont steal newer cars like TL's and Si's because the parts arnt worth as much.

Most thieves will just pop your hood and rip your alarm power cable and put it on a wrecker.

1. Get a boot and relocate your alarm wiring and battery so they cant be disconnected fast.

2. Dont be arrogant with your car, park it where you can see it.

3. Get a removable steering wheel and lockable hub.

etc.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 00-501itrspec
Well i have guns, and just got another AK , let em try

EDIT : i have all the other goodies too ,

But i RELY on my RIFLE more than my alarm

AK is not good enought. Get a AR-15 like I did. Its just like a military m16 except that its semi auto. The good part. It only costs about 1500.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 PM

I have a question how come they go for a old car and not try to steal more of the newer cars for example corollas or mustangs. That goes to show how special the integra typ R is.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Thats why I love the integra. But Im scare to get one because is probably going to get stolen from me here in houston. I have never seen a type R in houston only gsr and ls but no type R.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:54 PM

I've owned my R for 4 years and drive it daily to work, school, the clubs, whereever...and park it wherever...had 3 thief attempts...none suceeded...My car is completely stock with the exception of my anti-theif mods. I signed up for an account here just to share some ideas. For obvious reasons, I cannot share everything but here is a few things that I just thought of ...You would think that someone would have tried some type of ignition mod by now...I was thinking maybe something like a single sided key ignition swap(that is not easily "jiggled")...or you could make a custom harness that will only plug into your particular ecu and for added security if it were to be plugged into any other honda ecu then you could wire it so that it will short to ground and fry their ecu...I have yet tried this, but I can see how it could be done...just a thought...and some ideas for those that are taking desperate measures to protect their R. If I get enough responses on this, then I may wish to share more dot dot dot
Old 12-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by k3tsurui
If I get enough responses on this, then I may wish to share more dot dot dot
please do! thanks.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright I will put an end to this thread as I am tired of most of you guys talking so much ****! I wish a mother------ would steal my car cause I would shoot him! Please then if so how many cars have been stolen for the past years and I dont see too many people getting shot so I call bloughs on all of you guys stating my Desert Eagle will give that guy a new ******** when in reality that guy is rocking you 5 Lug Conversion, ITR interior, and ITR Motor.

Stop saying this BS you guys arent shooting people and your cars are getting stolen.

Step1: Remove your hood cable and use a popper/Re route your cable and not allow any access to hands(a good theif can pop your hood without a cable anyways, crazy huh)

Step 2: 2 Hood Pins (Viper, Clifford) These are pins that when they are released the alarm is sounded.

Step 3: A backup battery for your alarm/Battery in trunk

Step 4: Eliminating your inside door locks and switches

Step 5: Air horns (Be creative the fenderwell is the first place they look, put one in the car in the trunk, 3 in the hood, 1 in each fenderwell, make them think once they find one and cut that they are good to go HAHA!)

Step 6:This is a personal and favorite I made and I dont care what any of you guys say, JB WELD THE IGNITION screws. (We all know the ignitions are broken easily, so easy if you turn the steering wheel hard enough one way it will snap! Crazy huh dont even need a bar.)

Step 7: Kill switches aren't unstopable they are just a little time consuming. Considering You need power, ignition, starter, fuel, spark to make a car work. Theives know this also. This is how many kills you need and a little luck to slow em down.

Step 8: 2 Way Alarm and Pager, **** BEST BUY AND THEIR SHITTY INSTALLS! Same on every god damn car. Jesus take it to someone that takes pride in their work and will try to make it hard for someone to steal when that is what you are investing in tyhe first place.

Step 9: Hide the damn 2 Way Pager Antenna under the rear view mirror is great access to pulling it off and you still sleeping while some ****er is taking your ****!

Step 10: Buy a Club for steering, clutch, brake and gas. A theif might look at it and be like damn this mother****er really doesnt want his **** stolen and decides to give up (like that will happen)

Step 11: Never think they sleep, and like someone said before this is their JOB! Steal! They are good at it! This is what they do!

You think you are a great tuner, welder, salesman, cashier, boxer, football player well this bitch is a great theif!

He is good at what he does and he has to try. Its our job to slow em down and eventually stop them.

I personally had my Sparco Steering wheel stolen, NRG Hub and HIDs from my first car stolen since there was no motor. So I observed.

New Years EVE BROAD DAYLIGHT 2PM-4PM PG County 12k HID stolen, Password Cabron Fiber Intake Stolen, VIS Hood had 1 bolt left, must have ran off. Alarm disconnected bla bla bla

I can go on with the stories the first few years of theft, but its all over now.

I dare someone to come steal my car or roomates car cause we dont sleep either!

TAKE MY TURBO EM1 Bitches and our K20 EK Coupe! your welcome to get a beating at our home.

If you guys need an anti theft installs on your vehicles I am glad to invite you to Auto Spa/Springfield Chevron located in Springfield, VA. Just PM me and trying to help out the Honda Community.

Scenario-

Theif walks up to car with buddy, sees a blue flashing LED, reaches in fender well but car is slammed with KW Suspension hands dont fit, moves to front of vehicle. He then begins cursing since he can't find the latch. Calls over to his watch to hand him a tool, he then some how pries the hood open, (PINS DISARMED) BLA BLA BLA BEEP BEEP BEEP. (Wake up)

They dont run they work quickly to remove the pins and disable them. Hood is now open they are looking at your beast like man I cant wait to put this in my hatch.

One wrong move again and the alarm will sound. They look fast for the horn and there is is under the fuse box or under the clutch master cylinder resovoir (too easy) snip snip. Look for battery awww there it is. Disconnected the watch moves quickly to the driver door to pry the window open (flex arm goes in) Only for his face of disappointment the lock is a dummy and has no affect, quickly moves his hand over to the switch and nothing no lock or dislock, he takes his hand out pist. Pist enough to break your window in a desperate manuever. Without realizing the window shatters and flies everywhere there it is BEEP BEEP BRA BRA BOO BOO BEEP BEEP! (WAKE UP) They find other horns, cut cut. Still working jump in pries on club, snap pries clutch lock snap. pries gas snap brake leave it who needs brakes anyways!

Cover comes off, bar goes in snap ignition is good to go. 2 phillips are next damn! HE TELLS HIS WATCH MAN THIS ****ER JB WELDED THE IGNITON I CANT USE THE PHILLIPS TO GET THE SCREWS!

He isnt stupid He makes the wires contact and boom ignition is turned and they push start the car out of the drive way. Cranking Cranking Cranking turns over but dies no fuel.

Quickly jumps in the rear removes seat runs wire to pump got fuel crank crank crank crank nothing. At that point and time you pager has been beeping for 10 minutes (if you are still sleeping its your fault!)

You run outside wailing like a mad man right after you called 911! They will surely freak out and run. Or something like that. Good luck guys just helping you guys out.

Last edited by StreetRacinThug; 12-14-2008 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and Boom! They're dead
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha. nice post!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lenny_vp
I am confused on the club on the e-brake and shifter.... wouldn't it be kind of easy to just remove the shift **** and slide the club up?
you put the club between the e brake and shifter (IN 5TH GEAR,) not underneath the shift ****.
dc2 shifters have a bend in them, and if you put the end of the club against the furthest point within that bend (WHEN IN 5TH GEAR,) it can't be moved up/off the shifter. it gets "stuck."

the point of putting the car in 5th is so that they cannot start it on a roll, and the point of the ebrake up is so that it cannot roll in the first place.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 AM

I don't own an R but I'll contribute to this thread with a few things you can do to prevent thieft..

JDM Window Visors - They'll have to rip them off which will make noise..also makes it more of a hassle for them to use the window method.

Relocate your hood release cable, remove it completely from the fender and run it thru the firewall thru the cruise control hole. Then mount it under the column. If the wires out the fender then they cant, cut and pop for quick goodies and they'll have to open the door to get to the switch. Then if the switch is relocated under the column, that will cause the thief more time...

Break off the tab for the hood latch. Sure it'll be a bitch to open the hood sometimes but If that's broken, it'll take the theif again longer to open the hood.

Alarm with a decently hidden brain, 1 mile paging tilt sensor, backup battery, hood open sensor.

Disconnect your power locks and just use your alarm to open the door.

4 Different lugs on each wheel.

Don't tint windows, when tinted windows break they don't make much noise as the tint keeps the glass together for the most part.

Quick release WITH the cover also.

None of this will prevent it from getting your car stolen.
It'll just slow the theif down, which may give you time to react...

Now as for how they get stolen, I won't go into details as I don't want to give any idiots lessons...
But I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge for anyone who works extensively on hondas...

Last edited by da.nizzle; 12-15-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its easy.
1. Good alarm, A.integrated kill switches B.motion sensors C.variours sirens/
basically if your within 3 feet of my car my alarm goes off. hard. but not with pets. our bodys have a magnetic field, and so does my alarm, it detects people.
2. lock up battery to the point they cant remove the grownd or power cables, that means not even you, weld people.
3. stand alone alarm if they do disconect the battery "which they shouldnt" the alarm goes off independetley, for hours.
3. weld razor blades in areas where thiefs put their hands in. yes cut the mother****ers, ha ha.
4. autolock the silver one on clutch with leg extentions, welds some extended legs on them.
5. removable steering wheel with hub lock.
6. wheel lock like the ones police use on cars on two tires one on each side.
7. wireless garage/driveway motion detectors with alarm inside the home.
8. removing the cylinder keys from doors helps out some.
9. and knowing how your engine works, that means start working on your own cars and mess with your wiring.

Easy

I just joined this site, and its crazy the amount of theft that occurs.
be smart first of all, dont be a target, or a dumbass showing off what you got, dont take it to the mall or movies. everything else is ok.

dont be a tight *** spend your money right, **** the headders intake ****. get all this first then get the aftermarket parts.

just like that....
Old 12-15-2008, 04:26 PM

not a very effective device...these things pop off with a good pull because of the slight play on the shifter and of course you can always pull on the ebrake until the wire breaks or slips out...this would make another annoying layer of security but is probably more of a hassle for you to carry around such a device in your car

highheo: was there something in particular that you wanted to know about?

Originally Posted by Evil Ryu
you put the club between the e brake and shifter (IN 5TH GEAR,) not underneath the shift ****.
dc2 shifters have a bend in them, and if you put the end of the club against the furthest point within that bend (WHEN IN 5TH GEAR,) it can't be moved up/off the shifter. it gets "stuck."

the point of putting the car in 5th is so that they cannot start it on a roll, and the point of the ebrake up is so that it cannot roll in the first place.

Last edited by k3tsurui; 12-15-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash!
Thieves dont steal newer cars like TL's and Si's because the parts arnt worth as much.
Maybe, maybe not. The primary reason IMO is that the immobilizer is a pain in the *** to deal with.

Quick Reply: HOW ARE THIEVES STEALING OUR CARS?? Lets put our heads together