Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Road Racing/Autocross & Time Attack
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 09-07-2008, 05:39 AM   #1
George Knighton
Grandpa
2000 Acura Integra
My Garage

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to George Knighton
Default Motion Adaptive EPS ????

<FONT COLOR="blue">TOKYO, Japan, September 4, 2008 The new Legend, which goes on sale in Japan on Friday, September 5, 2008, will be the first Honda automobile released in Japan to feature Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS), a new driving stability technology which initiates steering inputs that prompt the driver to steer in the correct direction during cornering and in slippery road conditions. Motion Adaptive EPS is also planned for implementation on other models such as the new Odyssey and the new Accord series, both scheduled for release in Japan in the near future.

Motion Adaptive EPS works with Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist* and Electric Power Steering, using vehicle speed and steering angle data to provide finely tuned steering inputs. Motion Adaptive EPS detects instability in slippery road conditions both during cornering and under braking and automatically initiates steering inputs aimed at prompting the driver to steer in the correct direction. This new advanced technology supports the driver's action in operating the vehicle more safely and comfortably.
</FONT>

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm really not quite sure how I am going to respond the first time that my car starts steering on its own, at speed.
2014 RLX Advance #6890 Forged Silver (current driver)
2010 TL 6-6 #988 SH-AWD Tech Palladium Metallic/Ebony (Sold)
2000 Integra Type R #110 K20A(*)
Sold.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
PIC Performance
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to PIC Performance
Default Re: Motion Adaptive EPS ???? (George Knighton)

I wonder how it will deal with the car's torque steer (JDM Legend = our TL, right?).
PIC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Johnny Mac
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mac
Default Re: Motion Adaptive EPS ???? (PIC Performance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC Performance
I wonder how it will deal with the car's torque steer (JDM Legend = our TL, right?).
Probably with some servo-hydralic contraption and complicated electronics coupled with more sensors that will add another 50 lbs to an already portly beast. Click the image to open in full size.
#31 CRX H4 Honda Challenge
#37 Integra H4 Project Car
AeroRD
Johnny Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
George Knighton
Grandpa
2000 Acura Integra
My Garage

Send a message via AIM to George Knighton
Default Re: Motion Adaptive EPS ???? (PIC Performance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC Performance
No. It's more like an RL with a few more HP and a slightly more aggressive SH-AWD. (Accent on the SH.)
2014 RLX Advance #6890 Forged Silver (current driver)
2010 TL 6-6 #988 SH-AWD Tech Palladium Metallic/Ebony (Sold)
2000 Integra Type R #110 K20A(*)
Sold.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
bosco500
Garage is empty, add now

Sounds like an updated HICAS system. I used to have a 300zx that had the system and could not stand it.

http://www.x1racing.com

bosco500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
TunerN00b
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton
I'm really not quite sure how I am going to respond the first time that my car starts steering on its own, at speed.
Is this any worse than the Honda Lane Keep Assistance System (LKAS)? I believe that system is available in Europe, even if we can't get it here.

Or even worse (better?), how about the Honda Collision Mitigation Brake System (CMS)? Want the car to have control over the brakes, and be able to activate them without your input, based entirely off of forward facing sensor that is probably going to have a false positive at some point in its usable lifespan (because sensors work perfectly, forever, right?)?

Some info, for those with no clue what I am talking about.
http://world.honda.com/factboo....html
TunerN00b is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
acura, adaptive, assisted, electric, eps, honda, motion, power, steering, technologies, works