Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Need a Little Help guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Little Help guys!!!

First and foremost, i Want to thank everyone in advance for their help, this is my first post on this site so please bare with me. I just bought a 2000 lude sh yesterday. I hooked up my obdII computer and it threw codes p0108 map/ baro high input, and it threw p1259, which i believe is a vtec malfunction code. I replaced the map sensor, checked the oil, cleared the codes, and when i restarted the car within a few seconds the idle bogs down and the CEL comes right back on. A little background with the car, it came with a dc sports header back exhaust, injen short ram intake, tru time cam gears, aem underdrive pulleys, msd blaster 2 cap, sci ignition box. I have a basic knowledge of vtec, it doesnt limit my rpms so i dont think its oil pressure, the car also came with a v-afc in the glove box not hooked up. I bought the car bc i thought it would have been an easy fix and im not sure what to do. The girl i got it from said her bf did all the work on it, and they broke up and she didnt know how to fix the problem. car has 110k miles on it, its also an auto, if that makes a difference, it bogs heavy at low rpm and smells like its dumping a ton of fuel. Any suggestions will be appreaciated, im thinking maybe it has somethign to do with the v-afc that isnt installed b/c its an air fuel prob and also a v-tec issue, maybe the ecu?? please help me guys, im going crazy over here. Thanks again!!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need a Little Help guys!!! (sticky31db)

If it was my car I would remove the V-AFC and all the MSD crap and go from there. The other bolt-ons aren't really going to help or hurt anything so I wouldn't worry too much about those.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Need a Little Help guys!!! (Hawkze_2.3)

the v-afc was just sitting there, not installed... how would i remove the msd, i wouldnt need to replace it with factory parts?? also would the intake have anythign to do with the 0108 code??
Old 09-03-2008, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Need a Little Help guys!!! (sticky31db)

Your intake will not change anything (concerning troubleshooting purposes)
Also check the IACV (Idle air control valve)