Notices

ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street

Old 09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street

ok i built a sfwd like setup in a ek hatch. tried to street race it and to me it makes to much power or the quad stage boost controller doesnt do justice. for some reason i cant go any lower than 18lbs in first gear and even w/ a 24.5 MT slick it still sucks ***. no traction what so ever even in the first stage of boost 1st threw 4th gear. im not a newb to building and driving fast **** so its not driver error. the car made 630whp but will never see that on the street. my main question:
-should i scrap everyhting and go w/ a simpler turbo setup for street racing only OR
-build a sick direct port nitrous kit car out of my 2.0L block that i have.
OR
-go w/ the same setup i have, and put a 28in slick on it so maybe it will hook up.

Ill take whatever information that is helpful i can get. thanks all.
*my current build that im talking about is in my car for sale thread/post thing.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street (Quarter Performance)

Well for one, street racing is teh ghey, and you probably won't get much help from anyone on this forum if that is your intention in building this car.

But if it's street performance you want, you're going about this the wrong way. Want a fast stoplight car? Concentrate on gearing, anything you can do for traction, and a larger turbo that spools quickly and build your engine around 'mid range' power parts.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why cant you go lower than 18psi? maybe if you change the spring in the wastegate you'll be able to lower the boost to get traction. just a thought...
Old 09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street (pwrofdrm)

Yes, put 28" slicks on it and street race it. LOL!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, put 28" slicks on it and street race it. LOL!</TD></TR></TABLE> Naw playa, 35" super swampers and shave them so they are like slicks.

My homie did it on his b16 swapped evo.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, put 28" slicks on it and street race it. LOL!</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont need 28's.. my 24.5's do pretty good on the street.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street (***$nyper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ***$nyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Naw playa, 35" super swampers and shave them so they are like slicks.

My homie did it on his b16 swapped evo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sheeeeeit, B16? Tha homie musta been makin wha like 200hp a' mota!?

Shoulda done 37 dubs yo.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street (mike93eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont need 28's.. my 24.5's do pretty good on the street.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I need to install a sarcasm meter on your monitor.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yep figured i would get stupid *** responses like this, honda tech is a[freak]in joke because of people like you guys. take ur stock b series swapped jdm cars and go hard park!.
-to those who will help, i had a 10lb spring in each wastegate aka twin wastegate manifold, and the guy who tuned my car said icouldtn go more than twice the spring rate? so i guess 20 lbs? so i went to a higher lb spring.
-sorry we like to street race around here, for all the hardparkers taking pictures in parking lots under lights is kinda gay.
-and what would be wrong w/ a 28in MT slick? [freak]in hardparkers..cant say it enough.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i want to go w/ a eg chassis gutted to ****, just pondering weather to sell this setup and go w/ a milder turbo setup or use my 2.0L block do diff pistons and spray the **** out of it and make a 10sec street car.
and the fact that i keep blowin 2nd gear in trannys
Old 09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
E-thug

Default Re: ultimate street car aka how to go the fastest on the street (Quarter Performance)

I don't street race but have a few suggestions for you. I would start with a smaller springs in the gates. My car has a 7 psi spring in it and will hold 7psi on a 35r. If you can't hold low boost, I would look at your manifold design and wastegate placement. Second, once you get your spring rate figured out, get the quad stage set up properly or ditch it for an ecu controlled setup. Last, get a good set of tires preferably in the 24-25" range. I had a hard enough time fitting a 26" tire on my car even with a callos front end. I'm not sure what extent you are willing to go to fit a tire on your car, but 28's are going to be rediculous. Even if you do get them to fit(which I doubt) your gearing will be so fu*cked, the car will be slower. Again, I don't street race but just a few suggestions...
Old 09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quarter Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yep figured i would get stupid *** responses like this, honda tech is a[freak]in joke because of people like you guys. take ur stock b series swapped jdm cars and go hard park!.
-to those who will help, i had a 10lb spring in each wastegate aka twin wastegate manifold, and the guy who tuned my car said icouldtn go more than twice the spring rate? so i guess 20 lbs? so i went to a higher lb spring.
-sorry we like to street race around here, for all the hardparkers taking pictures in parking lots under lights is kinda gay.
-and what would be wrong w/ a 28in MT slick? [freak]in hardparkers..cant say it enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>

*thud*

1) Put your 10psi spring back in. You can go over 2x the spring rate, especially with CO2.

2) If you haven't figured it out yet, ~300-350whp is about the limit power wise for most street setups. After that it's spinning until the higher gears. Welcome to FWD.

If you want to street race with a high whp Honda so bad, go from a roll. Oh, and I would LOVE to see you fit 28s on stock fenders.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is going nowhere fast....
Old 09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

i planned on cutting crap outta the fenders etc. lot of fab work. i had a 25in m&h b4 but didnt like the compound...i think ill go back to a 10lb spring and less power and try that.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a much simpler turbo setup would be better for the street, out here in NYC there is a street race scene thou is not safe is just the reality. Some people find it fun others don't wanna drive 2-3hrs to raceway park. From what I've seen out here evos rule the streets unfortunately tranny and traction issues make damn near impossible for a high HP honda to be a competent street car. I've seen a lot of bubbles with H2B swaps and they make for very fast street cars. An H22 with a typeR tranny would be lots of fun.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

smaller WG spring and boost by gear. find a empty road outside of town and dial in your boost by gear. obviously 1st and 2nd gear will probably still be useless. traction bar, lsd, solid mounts, stiff rear springs, street slicks and practice will make it a fast street car.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quarter Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i built a sfwd like setup in a ek hatch. tried to street race it and to me it makes to much power or the quad stage boost controller doesnt do justice. for some reason i cant go any lower than 18lbs in first gear and even w/ a 24.5 MT slick it still sucks ***. no traction what so ever even in the first stage of boost 1st threw 4th gear. im not a newb to building and driving fast **** so its not driver error. the car made 630whp but will never see that on the street. my main question:
-should i scrap everyhting and go w/ a simpler turbo setup for street racing only OR
-build a sick direct port nitrous kit car out of my 2.0L block that i have.
OR
-go w/ the same setup i have, and put a 28in slick on it so maybe it will hook up.

Ill take whatever information that is helpful i can get. thanks all.
*my current build that im talking about is in my car for sale thread/post thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what Wheel hp are you running on the streets ?
please tell me that you are atleast on empty roads putting other at risk is just pure stupidity at its best sorry if thats what you like but your not right.

why dont you just buy two 4psi springs ?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

on honda-tech we dont condone street racing, and from what i have read that's what it seems like your discussing. PM me i you want to explain. Therefore