Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 06-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
jonebone
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light.

These people never cease to amaze me.

You're going home during rush hour traffic (bumper to bumper) and you approach a stoplight. Now there's not enough room for you to make it through the intersection, so you sit and wait patiently for the traffic to advance. Common sense right?? Apparently not.

I still cannot understand why people just go forward anyway and then get stuck in the intersection with no where to go when the light turns. People honk horns at you and flick you off and everything. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS???

Just last Friday, some dumb [freak]ing woman on her cell phone did this. It was bad. Like the two cars ahead of her shouldn't have been in the intersection (they were blocking it), so you can obviously tell how far out she was. The crossing traffic had the right of way and began to make their turns around this woman, all while yelling various obscenities. Eventually the other two cars pull up, leaving this woman in her own little "island" in the intersection.

So what does she do???

SHE TRIES TO DRIVE OUT OF THE INTERSECTION WHILE THE OTHER CARS ARE TURNING AROUND HER. How dumb can you be? She was so obsessed with getting out of the intersection that she completely forgot to pay attention to the crossing traffic and damn near smashed into a truck. It was quite a scene, all of us at the light were laughing and all the crossing traffic yelling various degrading remarks...

/Rant
Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
darithS
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to darithS
Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (jonebone)

I usually pretend like im about to hit them to scare them lolz
darithS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
nk2k2
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (jonebone)

shoulda stayed in the kitchen Click the image to open in full size.

no but in all honesty i know exactly what you are talking about. its really annoying and it blocks up all the traffic plus it makes for a dangerous situation for on coming traffic. if someone is not paying attention, thats a guaranteed fail right there.
02 Maxima Auto Sold
nk2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Backk InTheDA
I hate everything
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Backk InTheDA
Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (darithS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darithS
I usually pretend like im about to hit them to scare them lolz
That or I just hold down my horn until they move. If there in the intersection for 5 minutes they get 5 minutes of horn.
It was actually a challenge to get laid when I was a teenager, it sounds like now you just put your name on a list and chicks email you to ****. God dammit, back in my day we had to walk to a bar to meet chicks. And it was uphill. In the snow. BOTH WAYS.
Backk InTheDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
JDM_Ej
HT Order of Merit
2002 Infiniti G20

TeamInsane72 JDM_Ej
Send a message via AIM to JDM_Ej
Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (Backk InTheDA)

Its called "blocking the box" and its illegal in most larger cities. I see it daily and I hate it.

Usually:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backk InTheDA

That or I just hold down my horn until they move. If there in the intersection for 5 minutes they get 5 minutes of horn.

JDM_Ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
The Baumer
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (Backk InTheDA)

These are the same people that drive in the hazard lane and then cut in front of everyone. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
pollofrito21
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (The Baumer)

I just drive up right next to them and lay on the horn the whole time they block the box.
pollofrito21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #8
Labarum
Εν Τούτω, Νίκα
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (JDM_Ej)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Ej
Its called "blocking the box" and its illegal in most larger cities. I see it daily and I hate it.

Usually:
I know here, if you're caught in the middle of an intersection on red, you've run a red light Click the image to open in full size.
Originally Posted by NightRaven0930
Oh yea, and I'm a ricer fat chick, so suck it, I don't care
Labarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
ol'red
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (Labarum)

or the people who have the, "yield on green" so they pull out in the middle of the intersection to wait for traffic and then the light turns red. those people never cease to **** me off. ive even seen cops do it.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
SDT Project EF
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to SDT Project EF
Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (JDM_Ej)

Yeah it's super gay. In my area it happens a lot during morning rush hour on the freeway on ramp. Once a year cops just park their cars on the side of the on ramp and hand out tickets to people that do it. It's crazy how many people dont pay attention and get tickets that day.

Also I would expect someone one that was blocking traffic to move as soon as they can get out of the way. I wouldn't expect the driver to sit in the middle of the intersection as an island.
SDT Project EF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #11
nek0
I can haz titlez.
Garage is empty, add now

The crazy hardcore NYC drivers?
nek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
loki2323
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (nek0)

I can't stand when you can see that there will be enough room for you to advance, you start to move and then some assphat decides to let a couple of cars turn from an intersection, causing you to get stuck.
loki2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #13
darithS
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to darithS
Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (nek0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFqSUxGdVtA

and this came up also, had nothing to do with the topic Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g32Z...eature=related
darithS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #14
Labarum
Εν Τούτω, Νίκα
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (ol'red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olíred
or the people who have the, "yield on green" so they pull out in the middle of the intersection to wait for traffic and then the light turns red. those people never cease to **** me off. ive even seen cops do it.
Yeah, I call those creepers. If I'm headed in the opposite direction, and my yield is clear, I will make them get out of my way if they're in it... by various means. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
jonebone
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (SDT Project EF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDT Project EF

Also I would expect someone one that was blocking traffic to move as soon as they can get out of the way. I wouldn't expect the driver to sit in the middle of the intersection as an island.
True, but at that point you have lost the right of way. If traffic was operating in a continuous motion around this woman, then she shouldn't try to fight through it and cause an accident.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #16
Eibach95Civic
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (ol'red)

Quote:
haha i do this all the time. I dont give a ****.
Eibach95Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #17
Johnny.
Widow's Son
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Johnny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonebone

True, but at that point you have lost the right of way. If traffic was operating in a continuous motion around this woman, then she shouldn't try to fight through it and cause an accident.
You technically HAVEN'T lost the right of way and have become an obstruction. Safety (moving the obstruction) trumps the right of way at that point.
Comments or Statements made using this screen name are frequently made in jest. These statements do not represent the position of any organization or entity and should not be taken as factual commentary on any topic, to include the author.
Johnny. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #18
ILcrxsi1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Are you talking about a left hand turn or something? I don't get it.
ILcrxsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #19
crdcz03
Fortune Cookie Member
2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
My Garage

Send a message via AIM to crdcz03
Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (Eibach95Civic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibach95Civic
haha i do this all the time. I dont give a ****.
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

i also hate people that creep on the red lights and when it finally turns green they are slow as ****. i figure, if they're creepin as much as they do they are in a hurry... apparently not Click the image to open in full size.
crdcz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #20
vancoland
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Are you talking about a turning lane??...That's what was taught in Drivers Ed, and its legal.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1495989
vancoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #21
ILcrxsi1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (vancoland)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancoland

Are you talking about a turning lane??...That's what was taught in Drivers Ed, and its legal.
That's what I'm saying. I hate the people that don't get out into the intersection because then you are stuck behind them even longer because they didn't turn when the light turned yellow. Morons Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #22
Labarum
Εν Τούτω, Νίκα
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (vancoland)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancoland

It is not in any way, shape, or form legal for your happy *** to still be sitting there in the middle of the intersection when the light turns red, and, ergo, to make a quick left turn from the middle of the intersection, which is where it leads to half the time.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #23
ILcrxsi1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (Labarum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labarum

It is not in any way, shape, or form legal for your happy *** to still be sitting there in the middle of the intersection when the light turns red, and, ergo, to make a quick left turn from the middle of the intersection, which is where it leads to half the time.
Yes it is. If you are waiting to make a left turn.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #24
AVA
SlŠinte
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (ILcrxsi1)

if you are in the intersection when the light turns red its totally legal. its a matter of other drivers not being dicks and honking at you when they have to sit for an extra 2 seconds

i'm the nicest driver ever. i'm the kind of guy you are hoping is sitting at the green light waiting for you Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
Labarum
Εν Τούτω, Νίκα
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: People who get "stuck" in the intersection during a red light. (ILcrxsi1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILcrxsi1
Yes it is. If you are waiting to make a left turn.
How is it legal to obstruct the flow of traffic?

submit to reddit

Tags
60188, called, creep, green, intersection, left, legal, light, lights, make, middle, people, red, situation, stuck, turns, what