Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Prelude
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 06-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
meanshyguy
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via ICQ to meanshyguy Send a message via AIM to meanshyguy
Default Recharge freon

I just need instructions on how to recharge my own A/C. I have the bottle that comes with the hose already.
meanshyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
mattsnooz
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Recharge freon (meanshyguy)

make sure you don't overpressurize your system. You'll get more leaks than you started with.

All you do is hook it up on the low pressure side. It has a green cap on it. Make sure your introducing the right refridgerant. If your system has been modified to take in the more modern refridgerant your good. If not you need to modify it or find a way to get a hold of the older refridgerant.
Than you turn your ac system on, open the valve, and it will draw the fluid in from the canister. When its empty. Turn off your ac. Turn off your car. Shut valve off, than open the connector off your ac system. Recap your system with green cap. DO NOT INHAIL ANY OF THAT SHIET. its has a high potential to cause cancer as do all refridgerants.

You should be getting a proffessional to do this. Be safe. Make sure you know how much fluid your introducing aswell. You need to know the volume of your system and how much your adding to avoid over filling and causing catostrophic failures. If you can just fill it a little at a time and watch your fluid through the site glass. If you have enough fluid flowing and the ac is pretty cold than stop there. Fill it up as you need it.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
prelude_93vtec
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to prelude_93vtec

If you don't have a lot of a/c knowledge, I would recommend going somewhere to do it for you
prelude_93vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
meanshyguy
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to meanshyguy Send a message via AIM to meanshyguy
Default Re: Recharge freon (prelude_93vtec)

Just did it today on my mom's x-terra, pretty easy, they got this freon cans where you just push it as if it was a spray can, then let the freon be drawn. I didn't know that stuff could cause cancer, anyways, thanks a lot. by the way, I just noticed the condenser motor won't turn, checked relays and stuff, everything's good, including fuses, how do you test that motor directrly from a power source?
meanshyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
94vtecmn
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Done it on a number of cars. Start the car, get the A/C going, connect the line, then the can, and hold upside down while opening valve. Have someone inside the car, in case it gets cold quickly, so you don't over fill it. You'll notice the compressor shutting off and on less and less as the correct amount of freon is reached.

Not sure what to do about your electical issue, other than test the current in the lines while on with an ohm meter.

submit to reddit

Tags
2000, 2006, 92, ac, accord, acura, cap, car, civic, fit, freon, green, hold, honda, recharge, tsx