Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Coolant not flowing - Thermostat wont open - Overheating...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Coolant not flowing - Thermostat wont open - Overheating...

btw, that lower bolt is not very fun to get at on the T-housing huh?
Old 08-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Trial User

thank you for accepting me as a member...I have a 2006 grand vitara 4wd susuki that is been giving me a headache after headache...it overheats and when it does it fills up the reservoir coolant container...I have recently changed water pump, radiator, thermostat, coolant sensor and finally headgaskets andstill doing the same...no one seem to be able to find what the problem is, all I know is that everyday I have to empty the coolant reservoir and pour coolant into the radiator, somehow it seems that something is blocking the coolant from going around the engine and I can't find what the problem is...any suggestions...???
Old 08-30-2014, 08:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Mateo Dominguez
thank you for accepting me as a member...I have a 2006 grand vitara 4wd susuki that is been giving me a headache after headache...it overheats and when it does it fills up the reservoir coolant container...I have recently changed water pump, radiator, thermostat, coolant sensor and finally headgaskets andstill doing the same...no one seem to be able to find what the problem is, all I know is that everyday I have to empty the coolant reservoir and pour coolant into the radiator, somehow it seems that something is blocking the coolant from going around the engine and I can't find what the problem is...any suggestions...???
omg........
Old 08-25-2021, 05:00 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by hollums2k
98 Integra LS. I recently built my head (port and polish / new valves / springs and retainers / new cams) and after I put everything back together my car keeps over heating. When I put the head back on I replaced the water pump, thermostat, and thermostat gasket. My problem is my fan wont come on, bottom hose is cold, and the thermostat isnt opening up. Ive tried 2 different thermostats and I checked both of them in boiling water, so im guessing this is not my problem...burping the radiator doesnt seem to help anything. Could my new water pump be bad? Or do I have a clogged radiator? Any help is appreciated...
  • Temp Switch is bad from my experience if you have all those issues. Did a swap on integra 2000 ls for B20 crv motor. Had the same issue right after due to leaving car running so radiator hose leading into thermostat blew up and replaced that and thermostat. No issue since. AC started working due to condenser fan coming on properly.