Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
davey5300
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Honda Accord

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to davey5300
Default hazard light problems

My 94 Accord Ex has a problem with the hazard lights.
when I turn them on, they will flash for a little while, then they will freeze. the lights will be on, but it's not flashing. It will flash again for a few seconds then it will stop again. then they will flash like once every so often, then they flash off, and won't flash anymore. if I turn them off and turn them back on, they just flash on. and when it's doing that, the directionals are the same. onece I've had the hazards off for a while, the directinals will work fine. Please help me for I need the hazards for work ( i deliver news papers, so I'm driving on the wrong side of the road.)

Remember folks SPEED KILLS!! so drive a Ford and live forever
davey5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
hondadude
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: hazard light problems (davey5300)

Hmmmm, strange days indeed Click the image to open in full size.
the hazards and the turn signal use the same flasher unit, so if the turn signals work normally and the hazards are the problem, I would be suspect that the hazard switch has a problem.

hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
professorman
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: hazard light problems (hondadude)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
Hmmmm, strange days indeed Click the image to open in full size.
the hazards and the turn signal use the same flasher unit, so if the turn signals work normally and the hazards are the problem, I would be suspect that the hazard switch has a problem.
Humm... I think it might be your flasher is getting weak. Try changing it with one from a junk yard and see what that does.

I had a flasher problem with my 93 Prelude. It might be different, but the more you read, the more you learn.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1618020
Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
davey5300
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Honda Accord

Send a message via AIM to davey5300
Default Re: hazard light problems (professorman)

o.k I'll try that but 1 question: Where is the flasher module? I think I know where it is, but i'm not sure.

Remember folks SPEED KILLS!! so drive a Ford and live forever
davey5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #5
billyrusa
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: hazard light problems (davey5300)

It is attached to the underdash fuse/relay box. Remove the driver's side kick panel, you will be able to find the fuse box. The flasher is integrated with other control circuits in an Integrated Control Unit. This ICU box is just above the fuses in the fuse box. Disconnect the wire connector to it and then you can unplug it from the fuse box.
billyrusa is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
1994, 90, accord, control, flashers, hazard, hazards, honda, integrated, light, ligth, problem, problems, switch, unit