Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Starter Relay Location HELP!!! **Searched**

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starter Relay Location HELP!!! **Searched**

'91 OBD0 Integra GS 4 door DB1

Ok, I have searched and searched and have found no luck. Where in the eff is the damned starter relay? I have thought i had found it like 3 times, disconnected them and still my car will start.

I am trying to find it because when I am driving for a certain amount of time, my car won't start after being shut off. Fuel pump primes, and I hear all the clicking from the relays, but sometimes my car won't start. Never has a hard time starting when it's cold. Usually after driving for an extensive amount of time is when it won't start. I have read over and over about people with the same problem, and everyone saying "Check the starter relay". Ok, great! BUT WHERE IS IT?!??!1

I found one diagram with a picture of the starter relay being located under the climate control behind the radio. So I pulled everything out but I don't see it. There's a really small relay back there, and another relay (I think), but that one is cased in a metal shell. I disconnected both of them and the car still starts, so I know that those aren't them.

I have also heard from different people that our cars don't have one, and then from other people saying our cars do have 'em...

Anyways, if someone can please help and take a REAL picture or has a CLEAR diagram of the location of the starter relay, or at least tell me how many/what color wires are coming out from the bottom. MY whole lower dash is out right now so I have a clear view of all the relays under the dash. PLEASE HELP!!!

Oh, also, I am in the process of jumping the switch from the clutch to see if that's the problem. I will edit this post when I do, and let everyone know whether it worked or not.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Starter Relay Location HELP!!! **Searched** (denraweb)

i believe that the starter relay is the same as the main relay under the dash(steering wheel) it shouldbe that but i had the same problem and it might not be the problem, but not sure try that, it should be green or black
Old 11-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump,
Need help locating starter relay for a 97 GSR
Old 11-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it should be on the bottome left kick panel..by the drivers foot.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Starter Relay Location HELP!!! **Searched**

currently having the same issue. I have checked the main relay under the steering wheel and that is not it. The manual is referring to this starter relay and says its to the right of the blower motor. I pulled that and crossed the numbers on it and it came back as the atmospheric pressure sensor. Plus ive already disconnected the clutch switch and thats not it. Some body help us out!!! Where the f is the thing at.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 AM

It is to the right of the radio straight up in the dash, what a pain !in the *** to get it out without pulling the dash out of the car. HAVENT CHECKED FOR SURE BUT THIS IS WHAT I PULLED FROM ANOTHER SITE!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im working on a friends 95 gsr and his starter relay is behind the cover on the underside of the dash on the driver side. You have to remove the metal cover and its on the left, there's a rectangular one and a square one right next to eachother, its the square one closer to the firewall. You have to remove a 10mm bolt and undo the plug then it comes right out.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Trial User

I got the same problem can't find where the starter relay is at. Anybody got a picture of the relay and location?