Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 07-02-2002, 01:23 AM   #1
uNF$@#!
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow.

well,

i sliced my finger on a piece of sharp metal, and the cut is very thin but deep. (about 3 mm) into my index finger. ... on my fingerprint.

the wound keeps reopening and i've been bleeding all over the place. While not fatal, seeing all this blood is just bothering. my mouse just got a shower in blood.

to give you an idea of how much blood is coming out, its just a stream of blood when the wound is open. i can fill a tablespoon of blood in 9 seconds. (tested)

my bedsheets, are bloody... it looks like a gunshot victim decided to sleep on my bed.

i actually may need stitches Click the image to open in full size.. sucks to not have medical insurance... god damn it my keyboard is bloody now.

[Modified by Soup Nazi, 5:25 AM 7/2/2002]

[Modified by Soup Nazi, 5:25 AM 7/2/2002]
uNF$@#! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:31 AM   #2
rjardy
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to rjardy
Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (Soup Nazi)

Quote:
damn it my keyboard is bloody now.
Thats shitty, funny for us shitty for you Click the image to open in full size.

Rob
Old 07-02-2002, 01:39 AM   #3
Kamin
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Kamin
Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (rjardy)

go to a doctor
if it bleeds for more than 45 minuets you have a problem.
Kamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:45 AM   #4
Kengs
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (Soup Nazi)

If you want to try an interim measure, go to an Asian (preferably Chinese) medicinal/herb shop and ask for something called YUNNAN BAIYAO ("Yunnan White Medicine"). It's a powder made from botanical extracts, it will help to close the wound, promote healing and prevent infection. I've used it before Click the image to open in full size.

BTW, this stuff is what the Chinese People's Liberation Army STILL uses to treat gunshot/shrapnel wounds in the field...

Just remember to cleanse your wound with something like Betadine soap, then pat dry before applying the powder. Change your dressings frequently.
Kengs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:47 AM   #5
FusionITR
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to FusionITR

good thing it isnt me
Old 07-02-2002, 04:00 AM   #6
Luke
Garage is empty, add now

If you dont want to bother with the 'quack' then get an old toothbrush and cut it to make a splint. Thoroughly clean the wound with antisceptic before cutting strips of plaster (fabric not plastic) and laying accross the cut. Use three of four about 1/8" wide. Then put the 'splint' under your finger and using more strips attach to your finger. Apply a general dressing when you go to bed so that it doesnt snag. With the 'splint' in place the cut should be less likely to open up.
Old 07-02-2002, 04:18 AM   #7
Apocalypse
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Apocalypse

Quote:
i actually may need stitches Click the image to open in full size..
If more than 12 hours has passed since you cut it they will not stitch for fear of infection. The best you can do is bathe the thing in hydrogen peroxide twice a day and keep one of those butterfly bandages on it. It's the kind that looks like the breathing strips athletes wear on their nose.

<FONT COLOR="green">"I dont recall in my driving test the road sign warning of death by *********** who dont know any better." -Luke</FONT>
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 05:05 AM   #8
DragII
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Sk8 P
Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (Freek24)

ya mang you need stitches....get a needle and do it yourself
DragII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 05:14 AM   #9
ryanstev
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
to give you an idea of how much blood is coming out, its just a stream of blood when the wound is open. i can fill a tablespoon of blood in 9 seconds. (tested
Are you crazy? After 3 days you still haven't done anything?
1999 Subaru Legacy B4
ryanstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 05:17 AM   #10
Splat
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (Freek24)

Quote:
he best you can do is bathe the thing in hydrogen peroxide twice a day and keep one of those butterfly bandages on it. It's the kind that looks like the breathing strips athletes wear on their nose.
Yep. You keep opening the wound before it can heal sufficiently. Finger cuts generally heal slowly because of the constant flexing. In addition to the butterfly bandages to keep the wound closed, you need to immobilize it. Use the toothbrush idea or a popsicle stick to splint it.

I believe she's going down,
I believe we're gonna die die die!
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 05:17 AM   #11
Drew M
New User
Garage is empty, add now

You need to imobilize the laceration. Get a popsicle stick or pencil or something and tape it to your finger. Every time you bend your finger it pulls on the skin which opens it back up. It won't fuse back together until it has had a good 2-3 days of no movement.

You could also cut your whole hand off just above the wrist.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:20 AM   #12
98DC2
Garage is empty, add now

dude....go to the doctor. i'm sure somebody's willing ti help you out. get that **** stiched up Click the image to open in full size.

98' Integra GS-R coupe
N/A
98DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 05:22 AM   #13
John
New User
Garage is empty, add now

Do you have a lot plate count in your blood? It sounds like your blood isn't coagulating at the laceration like it should. But as mentioned above, you need to immobilize the laceration.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:02 AM   #14
PapaPark
HT White Ops
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (DunReit)

Quote:
Do you have a lot plate count in your blood? It sounds like your blood isn't coagulating at the laceration like it should. But as mentioned above, you need to immobilize the laceration.
buwhwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

that's good stuff man
Old 07-02-2002, 06:08 AM   #15
CRXRageD
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to CRXRageD

Quote:
3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow.
I'm suprised you're not dead yet. You've been bleeding like that for 3 days. You may have to amputate it. I know I'm a doctor, I play one on TV. jk Yeah I'd go to see someone in the medical field about that.
CRXRageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 06:13 AM   #16
FyrFytr
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to FyrFytr
Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (CRXRageD)

Get the "Second Skin" bandage.

Should help.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:19 AM   #17
01ITR#700
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (White98TypeR)

If you don't have insurance maybe there is a local clinic that you can walk into and get stitches at a reasonable price? I know a while back a I took my friend to a local clinic because he had pink eye and would not go to the doctor due to the fact he had no insurance. We went in and he got a doctors exam and medication for like $30 or so.
HTH
M
01ITR#700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:14 AM   #18
uNF$@#!
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (DragIIDigital)

Quote:
haha! yeah, i did stitch myself! I threw my finger in ice cold water for 10 minutes and began to stitch with needle and thread. total 5 stitches. still very painful Click the image to open in full size.

thanks all for advice but seeing a doctor would have ran a good 1000 dollars or so just for the stitching im sure Click the image to open in full size.

...by the way, blood still kind of seeps thru even with the tight stitching i done. okok, im not using ,my index finger again fora while. im going to find that spray that acts like a second skin.
uNF$@#! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:21 AM   #19
JG Luder
Garage is empty, add now

duct tape.
JG Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:23 AM   #20
SoulSurfer
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to SoulSurfer

Quote:
well,

i sliced my finger on a piece of sharp metal, and the cut is very thin but deep. (about 3 mm) into my index finger...the wound keeps reopening and i've been bleeding all over the place.
Maybe it would quit bleeding if you quit shoving a ruler in there to measure the depth.

[Modified by LSDelSol, 4:24 AM 7/3/2002]

<FONT COLOR="blue">Not perfect, just forgiven.</FONT>
SoulSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:26 AM   #21
Krow
B*a*n*n*e*d
Garage is empty, add now

pidinolo
Send a message via AIM to Krow Send a message via Skype™ to Krow
Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (DragIIDigital)

Quote:
You can do it Click the image to open in full size.
Krow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:28 AM   #22
JL 74
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (Krow)

Stitches are what you need.
If it it not too deep, cuts should normally close/heal in a matter of hours unless your immune system is severely weakened.
JL 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:33 AM   #23
WuShu
New User
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to WuShu
Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (Todd 94)

crazy glue, i know it sounds crazy and it may be really really bad for you but, i know some gymnasts and some of my martial arts buddies including me have done this. when you have a cut thats fresh and it keeps opening up when using weapons or like when gymnasts use the bars. slap some crazy glue on it, keeps it closed and stops it from being irritive(dont think thats a word) but if i were you id go get a doctor to see it, that cut sounds deep.

Marked001: My wife gave me a track day for our anniversary!
Mariocrx: Thats right up there with ****! [img]http://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emthup.gif[/img]
WuShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 05:51 PM   #24
dbman96
New User
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: sliced my finger. 3 days pass and still bleeds like no tommorow. (HondaCRX)

Actually guess what super glue / crazy glue was invented for... to close wounds! I had this suggested by a friend who is a fire fighter and I've tried it several times. Works great, wears off in a few days after the wound has had time to close on its own.

submit to reddit

Tags
back, bleeding, cut, deep, dont, finger, fingertip, fuse, hours, insurance, metal, off, opening, piece, sliced, stitches