Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

After market parts questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market parts questions...

Well, I was looking around at a few aftermarket parts for my 94 Accord. I can't seem to find a set of white faced gauges that the entire gauge face glows when you turn them on. I hate the reverse glow gauges because you can't see the needles at night worth a **** and there's nothing you can do to fix it. Nextly, what are my other options for interior upgrades?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 PM

Well, I found the gauges I was looking for. They're the indiglo ones. Here's what they look like:

http://www.customstreetdesigns...0.htm

Problem is, this website wants 90 dollars for the set. I think that's pretty outrageous. Is there a place I can get this set for cheaper?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (A_Rotary_Guy)

Honestly, ide check Ebay. As much as i hate buying stuff from there, you might fond what youre looking for. Also, check the FS thread.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM

I still can't find those gauges on eBay, but everyone says that they're on there. *shrug*
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Well, so far all I've been able to find for interior mods for our cars are seats, e-brake handles, shifters, pedals, gauges, painted parts, vinyl stickers to cover parts, audio and video stuff, tint, lights, floor mats, and that's about it.

I know for sure I don't want aftermarket seats because they aren't as comfortable, painted or stickered parts because they look cheesy, or interior lights because they are cheesy too. I wouldn't mind getting a different e-brake handle, shifter, floor mats, or pedals (non-lighted, non-rice ones) since the stock pieces are a little bland and would be nice to have a little more color. I plan on getting a different gauge face (indiglo), and possibly doing an A-pillar gauge setup with oil pressure, voltometer, and AFR. Audio and video stuff will come along with time once I figure out a good setup and get the other stuff done.

So now my question. Where can I find e-brake handles, automatic shifters, pedals, gauges, and floor mats? I'm pretty sure eBay has that stuff, but where else can I look?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After market parts questions... (A_Rotary_Guy)

Ive heard about some people putting these in their accords/civics. I guess the gauges are not very easy or fun to do. I agree they can look pretty nice on the right car, just make sure its a mod you ready to take on. gl.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Yea, the gauges can be a real bitch, and most people will break parts trying to put them in, or they will wire them up incorrectly (like the previous owner did) and make other things not work. Tomorrow I'm going to print off a wiring diagram and work and figure out WTF he disconnected to make the gauges and climate control panel not light up.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: After market parts questions PROBLEMS

new member i have a 2000 honda accord that i have been adding aftermartket parts to so far so good i have recently installed aem fuel rail. the procedure went well when i run the car now i have lost power. do i need to change the fuel to air ratio or sync the vtech to the new fuel rail. the installaltion went well fairly easy to do have contacted the distruibter but have not gotten a resopnce yet does anybody know anything about this situation any advice is helpful?????????? thx chad
Old 10-16-2007, 06:48 PM

Well, I've figured out what I wanted to do interior wise pretty much. I'm going to stick with my stock charcoal gray interior color after looking at the other colors that our interiors came in.

I only plan on changing the e-brake handle, shifter handle, pedals, gauge face, A-pillar gauge setup, and floor mats. I've got my indiglo gauge face coming with a new gauge cluster. The e-brake handle, shifter handle, and pedals I've got to do some more looking around at and see the different styles. I want to do an A-pillar triple gauge setup with oil pressure, voltometer, and AFR but I may just skip the AFR due to not really needing it, not to mention I'd have to spend for a wideband O2 sensor setup. The floor mats I plan on looking around for too. Is there any place I can get embroidered ones with a Honda or Accord logo on them? My RX-7 has embroidered ones that look really nice and are original and I figured I'd go that route on the Accord too. I'm going to get some catch-all rubber floor mats for the winter for the snow.

After looking at fiberglassed and painted and vinyled interiors, I know for damn sure I don't want to do any of that. Fiberglassed interiors are way too damn bright and unoriginal looking for me, painted parts chip and look like ***, and vinyl stickers are just plain stupid. I've got a lot of friends that loved to put in interior lights too like things up under the dash and underneath the seats but to me that's annoying and distracting. Aftermarket seats aren't as comfortable and are nice for more "performance" based cars, but in the case of my daily driver and carrying passengers, it just isn't practical.

Now the audio/video department. I'm going to be getting an aftermarket CD deck that has an auxliary input along with multiple RCA jacks to hook up to amps and video screens. I also wanted to get something that was satelitte radio ready. I was thinking about a touch screen DVD deck, but not only would it get in the way of the dash controls, but it wouldn't be as useful since the passengers in back couldn't see the screen. Also, their price is pretty insane, and the faceplates for them aren't detachable, and I really wouldn't want a 700 dollar deck stolen. My idea was then to put a 7" screen on top of the dash so the passengers in back could also see it. Of course the screen would then be hooked up to the car's stereo system too.

So, do you guys have any comments or suggestions for me? I'm very open to opinions.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 PM

Well, I've been doing some looking around at e-brake handles, pedals, and shifters. I've seen a few different companies such as Tenzo R, Sparco, and Mugen that make these parts. There's also a few other companies that makes sets too for much cheaper - 20 dollars compared to 70 dollars. Also, it seems like all of the sets are universal fit too. I wanted to go with a silver/gray theme since I have the charcoal interior with a black exterior. I was debating silver/red for a while, but I didn't want the red to stick out so badly in the dark interior.

These are the pedals that I like the best so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

For e-brake handles it's pretty much the same story. I would like to get one that would match the pedals. Here's the best one I found so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

And now for shifters. I found this one:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webap...10101

It also matches the pedals and e-brake handle too. I think it would make a nice set. While searching through these parts I seen some pretty rediculous things like carbon fiber and aluminum stickers for your interior, along with some pretty fugly body kits.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:09 AM
ate my pixel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forbidden short shifter kit
With aftermarket, to some extent you're paying for the name, but you also get what you pay for. Cheap china parts are cheap china parts. And as far as your gauges, it's pretty impossible for them to be wired wrong, there are three main plugs and each one is differently shaped, so as long as your gauges are reading, the only reason that the CC/gauge faces aren't lighting up is because the bulbs are burned out. Easy fix.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:18 AM

I can't use a short shifter - automatic car. I understand the cheap parts aren't going to be as quality as the name brand ones, but considering the name brand pedals are 60+ dollars and still are universal fit pieces, I don't think there will be much of a difference besides looks and a logo. I haven't really seen any name brand parts yet that I liked either.

Alright, so there are supposed to be 3 plugs. I see the 3 sets of 2 wires coming off the cluster. The problem was he cut the plugs and I don't know where those 6 wires are supposed to connect to on the stock harness. I just know that they are power and ground. The warning lights, turn signals, etc. all work, it's just that none of the rest of the gauges light up. I'm pretty sure that the climate control panel backlighting has been disconnected from the dimmer setup too. I'm going to print off a wiring diagram at work and start going through it to figure out WTF wires I'm missing.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Try T.A.S. Auto Parts for a lot of items for your 94! 90-02 Acords is all they do.
I have bought a few items from them.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:53 AM

Look on Ebay, they have tons.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

T.A.S. auto is a good place to look ive got a few parts from them and i am pleased with there tech support and products
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 PM

Well, I was able to make a decision on my e-brake handle, and I will be going with the Tenzo R Quick E-Brake Handle in the black chrome color. Here it is:

http://www.autotoyaz.com/tenracquicbr.html

Now, my choice in pedals will be the Tenzo R GT-spec sport pedals. I will be going with the automatic ones in the titanium/silver color. Here they are:

http://www.autotoyaz.com/tegtsppe.html

I was trying to find a Tenzo R automatic shift handle to match my other parts, but I was unable to. I can't find anything that looks like the Tenzo R shift ***** either. I found a brand called Nokya that makes some nice shift ***** too. This is the best thing I could find to match so far:

It's black chrome colored like the e-brake handle and pedals and push-button style. I saw they made the push-down style, but I honestly don't know if I'd like that. But if I do, here's the link for it:

For those of you have have the push-down style, what do you think?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Well, I ordered the Tenzo-R e-brake handle and pedals and my indiglo gauges. Hopefully they'll be here soon.

While doing some more looking around I seen a few things that caught my interest. I saw a kit for push button start, some different door sill pieces, seatbelt shoulder pads, Type-R Accord floor matts, A-pillar gauge setups, push-down automatic shifter setups, and a few other things. I was debating getting the seatbelt shoulder pads, but last I remember when my friend had them on his car they just got in the way and did more harm than help - more for looks than anything. The door sill pieces seemed kinda cool that Tenzo-R made, but then again, I would rather just accent the stock ones and maybe paint the Accord lettering light gray or silver. I would love to get 2 sets of floor matts also, like rubber ones for the winter and regular carpeted ones for summer.

Was there a Type-R Accord ever made? Anyone here had experience with the push button starts or the push-down style automatic shifters? Can anyone recommend what gauges I should put in an A-pillar setup?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:33 PM

I've decided I'm going to go with the push-down style automatic shifter. I want something that doesn't stick up so far, so I figure this would be cool. I also found a couple A-pillar gauge setups, and will probably go with a voltmeter, oil pressure, and AFR gauge. I also found some floor mats on T.A.S. auto parts that I will probably order. Tomorrow I'm going to see about placing some orders and list what I bought.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:57 AM

Anyone here have experience with the push button start? How hard is it to install? How does it work exactly? Also, anyone here use the seatbelt pad things? What gauge setups are you guys running?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 PM

So, what gauge setups are you guys running? Are any of you using aftermarket floor mats? Where can I order weatherstripping from?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM

Any answers to my questions above?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:12 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ok....

I've seen the automatic push down style shifters, never used them since I've always had a manual since my first car (back when I wasn't into cars really). I remember seeing a write-up a while ago on how to install one and I remember there was some cutting involved but it was a while ago and I didn't pay too much attention cause it didn't really catch my interest, plus I would have had no use for it so...

don't waste you time with a push button start.

don't get those ugly shoulder pads.

I think some door sills can look ok but it's not really my cup of tea.

those Accord Type R floor mats are highly unlikely to be Accord Type R. They are just floor mats with embroidery. Fitment is probably ok, but I would prefer something stock that matches the interior. Plus you dont have a Type R so...

Now getting a set of rubber all-weather floor mats for those winter months isn't a bad idea.

Yes, there was an Accord Type R made. Only available in Europe iirc. While there was a Euro R available in Japan.

I wouldn't worry about a gauge pod and gauges on a stock car.

If you are looking for weatherstripping to go arround the framing of the door check out either you local Honda dealership or you can order online from Majestic Honda, they have good prices but you will have to pay for shipping and handling fee.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:17 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up getting a set of rubber floor matts for my car for the winter and buy a new set of OEM embroidered ones for the summer. I'm pretty sure for A-pillar I'm going to run oil pressure and voltometer, still not sure if I'm going to run AFR. AFR would require a wideband O2 setup, which costs a little bit of money. How would I go about wiring these two gauges up?