Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

beeping noise from the dash, not the stereo... what is it?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beeping noise from the dash, not the stereo... what is it?

Hey guys, I just created an account because last week I started getting a strange beep noise coming from my dash. It beeps 1 to 3 times, then stops... it happened a few times in one day, then didn't make any noise for several days, then did it again twice in one day. Very strange! its happened when I'm on the freeway, while sitting at a light... doesn't seem to a rhyme to it. I'm almost positive it's not the stereo though, it's definitely coming from the driver side dash above the instrument panel.

Anyway, the car is a 90 Integra LS... I don't know much about cars unfortunately, so I could use the help. There are no other indicator lights on, I had it in for a check-up today and the mechanics couldn't duplicate it and didn't have any idea what it would be. Perhaps I'm starting to insane

I suppose I could just ignore it (although it's annoying) but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something important.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: beeping noise from the dash, not the stereo... what is it? (fisofo)

Did you loan your car to an al Qaeda member?

This is nearly impossible to address with words. You simply need to listen and pinpoint it. Does the car ever make this beeping at other times?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: beeping noise from the dash, not the stereo... what is it? (Dogginator)

al Qaeda! Of course! I was wondering where my car was the past few days and why "DEATH TO THE AMERICAN INFIDELS!" was written on the hood when I found it. I suppose the bundle of explosives with a timer on it sitting on my dashboard should have tipped me off... man, how do I miss these things? Hindsight's 20/20 I guess.

Anyway. Well... I'll see if I can pinpoint it more, but it happens so infrequently that the chance of it doing it while I've got the hood up or something is pretty much zilch.

It sounds almost dead-center above the instrument panel in the dash (from memory). I just read in another forum that they had this noise when power steering was having trouble... but it was a different car and I'm not having power steering trouble. So I kinda doubt that's relevant.

I'll look around at the fuse box and search the web a bit more, any other suggestions would be appreciated though! Perhaps Leprechauns? Robotic Squirrels? Global Warming? j/k

I need some sleep.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:55 PM

ICU Integrated Control Unit. Causes strange beeping from behind fuse panel, int wiper settings not to work, and rear defroster problems.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: beeping noise from the dash, not the stereo... what is it? (BCrawford)

No... Flippin... way! Well, that makes perfect sense because my int wiper settings crapped out on me a few months back (I now have 3 speeds: stopped, slow, and fast... no interval), and my rear defroster has not worked since I was given the vehicle (couple years now).

So... I guess I'll search around on that ICU, I don't suppose it's cheap/easy to replace, is it? Perhaps I can rip one out of a similar model at a junkyard?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the same thing. Lol, at first it was hella wierd but I got used to it. Atleast now I know what it is, haha. My interval wiper setting doesn't work either, although I have no more wipers. 91 LS btw. I'm interested in the ICU fix aswell. Cheap/Easy? What needs replacing?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: beeping noise from the dash, not the stereo... what is it? (theBRIANjonestownMASSACRE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fisofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No... Flippin... way! Well, that makes perfect sense because my int wiper settings crapped out on me a few months back (I now have 3 speeds: stopped, slow, and fast... no interval), and my rear defroster has not worked since I was given the vehicle (couple years now).

So... I guess I'll search around on that ICU, I don't suppose it's cheap/easy to replace, is it? Perhaps I can rip one out of a similar model at a junkyard?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theBRIANjonestownMASSACRE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I get the same thing. Lol, at first it was hella wierd but I got used to it. Atleast now I know what it is, haha. My interval wiper setting doesn't work either, although I have no more wipers. 91 LS btw. I'm interested in the ICU fix aswell. Cheap/Easy? What needs replacing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys will love this if you don't mind playing with a soldering iron

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127170

I did it earlier this afternoon and it worked like a charm. I had to bridge 2 corroded paths with small wires and replace a capacitor, but it only cost me about $10 which included a 7 dollar solder iron. lol
Old 08-19-2007, 05:50 PM

this just made my day, i'll post on how it works when i have some time to do it.

Now if I could just get my A/C working... but I bet that's out of the question