Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

00 Civic LX - Where does this cruise control hose go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Civic LX - Where does this cruise control hose go?

Where does this hose go to on my 2000 Civic LX? It looks like a hose that connects to the cruise control system.

Name:  hGwiaral.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  65.0 KB
Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Where does this hose go?

The actuator vent hose. The vent tube that plugs into the end is missing. There's a grommeted hole in the body under and forward of the power steering fluid reservoir where the hose inserts.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT
The actuator vent hose. The vent tube that plugs into the end is missing. There's a grommeted hole in the body under and forward of the power steering fluid reservoir where the hose inserts.
I did notice that there was a hole on the body that the vent hose can fit into, but I didn't see where it could be actually plugged into. Does it just slide into the whole, or do you actually need ti plug it into something? What happens with the vent tube disconnected?
Old 06-20-2015, 02:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ayau
I did notice that there was a hole on the body that the vent hose can fit into, but I didn't see where it could be actually plugged into. Does it just slide into the whole, or do you actually need ti plug it into something? What happens with the vent tube disconnected?
I took the cruise from another car that already had a hole in the power steering reservoir where this vent hose inserts. My ps reservoir has an indention on top for where the hole would be but not a hole.

I'd also like to know what this "vent hose" does and whether its necessary. What is its purpose and will my actuator function without that vent hose being inserted into the ps reservioir which does make sense to me. Mine's the same as his except I have the tip that seals the tube's connection to the reservoir.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WaryDriver
I took the cruise from another car that already had a hole in the power steering reservoir where this vent hose inserts. My ps reservoir has an indention on top for where the hole would be but not a hole.

I'd also like to know what this "vent hose" does and whether its necessary. What is its purpose and will my actuator function without that vent hose being inserted into the ps reservioir which does make sense to me. Mine's the same as his except I have the tip that seals the tube's connection to the reservoir.
Post pictures, and include car information.

You're looking at the wrong hose if you think it's connected to the reservoir.