Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

driver side window rattling and getting stuck =/

Old 06-10-2002, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side window rattling and getting stuck =/

I have a 00 ls, and its just at 25 k miles. and the window rattles when its down period, even if it is a little bit, plus the window has problems rolling all the way down i have to kind of play with the button going up and down with it until it finally goes down or sometimes i just push it down it gets rather frustrating... this car will be for my sister because i am getting a gsr and she knows less than me about cars so i gotta figure this out before i leave her with this problem. Also acura delaer sux *** i took the car to them twice my car is stuck there for about a week and it seems each time the supposedly did work they fucked it up some more. If worst comes to worst i gotta take it to them again... god forbid that happen. Also the automatic roll down switch will click sometimes and stop rolling because something is happeing in that door... any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Old 06-10-2002, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: driver side window rattling and getting stuck =/ (kryzeofkrayzie)

take apart your door panel so you can get to/expose the power window glass and guides/rails mechanism.. unbolt/loosen (but dont take off) the lower bolt that the railz/guild is held by.. and adjust it so it fits your window correctly.. most likely it has moved/become misaligned or something to that effect... my window did that and eventually got stuck one day (it was raining too Lolz)..

anyway after your window is back on the track/sliding correctly it shouldnt have that problem anymore.. then tighten the bolt back up and your good to go.. if you have slow windows going up.. first clean the glass inside out.. let it dry/wipe it dry.. then roll it down.. and apply either armor all (thats what I use) to a cloth.. or spray lubricant/silicone spray to the black rubber weatherstripping.. this has kept my windows smooth and quick so that it operates good.. and it doesnt prematurely make my windows module on my alarm stop before its acutally closed.. good luck..
Old 06-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: driver side window rattling and getting stuck =/ (kryzeofkrayzie)

I have the same problem on my '97 LS when it's cold outside. Works fine when it's warm out though. It only started doing it after I got tint, but my gut feeling is that it's a lubrication problem of some sort (but I'm not familiar with the workings of the power window components). I was going to mention it to the dealer, but it got warm and stopped doing it.