Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] How to get the SRS light into JDM clusters. Air bags not working w/ JDM cluster? Click me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [FAQ] How to get the SRS light into JDM clusters. Air bags not working w/ JDM cluster? Click me.

So I had some files in my computer with some useful info.

Thought I'd spread it out to clear things up a bit. This is for 92-95 civics.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by random info &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A few people told me the airbags wouldn't work, (after JDM cluster) so here is what I did on my jdm cluster about a week ago. Take the US cluster and remove the clear plastic cover. Then unscrew the speedometer from the back via three small screws.

The gauge will come right out, so set it aside and then remove the temp gauge/tach (depending on model) which is to the left of the cluster, it has the same type of screws in the back. Now that the gauge/tach are out of the way, the SRS connector is held in with a little clip in the back so pop it out. You can then put the SRS connector into the jdm cluster by using the same method.

I disconnected the battery to be safe then removed the jdm cluster. Remove the gauges and the srs will clip right into the jdm cluster. Then after you put the gauges back in you can either use the clear plastic off of the usdm clsuter so that the light will shine through or u can cut the hole in the jdm bezel and swap over the SRS light cover. Personally, I just cut a hole where the light is so that I can still see it come on and off when i turn the car on even though it doesn't say SRS, I still know what the light is for.

Now you can plug in the yellow plug and have your airbags working again. The same thing can be done for the cruise control but I don't have CC so I didn't worry about it. Sorry I didn't take any pics but I hope this helps </TD></TR></TABLE>

Edited for spelling/grammar.

Modified by FalkenSiR at 11:55 AM 7/20/2007
Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
* B A N N E D *

i did'nt know it was possible.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (akunamatta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i did'nt know it was possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It is

Now, something I don't know for a fact is if the SRS system doesn't work with the JDM clusters. As stated above, some people's cars apparently didn't. Technically, there is an open in the SRS system if the plug is unplugged (like most of us), so in theory, it shouldn't work. Scary.

Safety first.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:27 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (FalkenSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FalkenSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now, something I don't know for a fact is if the SRS system doesn't work with the JDM clusters. As stated above, some people's cars apparently didn't. Technically, there is an open in the SRS system if the plug is unplugged (like most of us) so in theory, it shouldn't work. Scary.

Safety first.</TD></TR></TABLE>

??????? hard to read
Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (akunamatta)

There, I added a comma.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How to get the SRS light into JDM clusters. Air bags not working w/ JDM cluster? Click me.

just a bump before being archived
Old 08-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: [FAQ] How to get the SRS light into JDM clusters. Air bags not working w/ JDM cluster? Click me.

how do i get the srs light in a 97 itr guage bezel? i cant figure that one out
Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ITRs are not my thing BUT if the USDM SRS light fits into the JDM cluster, then follow the steps above.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: [FAQ] How to get the SRS light into JDM clusters. Air bags not working w/ JDM clu

good stuff....
Old 05-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How to get the SRS light into JDM clusters. Air bags not working w/ JDM clu

a falken where you at?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get another 4 dr yo...