Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

WHat it do (hate to ask for another srs assist)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHat it do (hate to ask for another srs assist)

Hi, I’m new, I have a 1994 accord in pretty bad shape. 190k. It's been salvaged and the guy I bought it from said its all been fixed and its now good to go. Should I trust that ? I gave him the benefit of the doubt cuz I trust my fellow man to be an honest guy but I also understand you can only be so honest while your trying to sell a car or it wont sell. I suspected I may find some evidence of an accident one day but I kept my mouth shut. Couple days later the floor looking funny behind the pilot seat. You'd be surprised how many things you dont notice at the first glance. So I get up close and it looked like someone had a bowling ball under the carpet. I looked underneath the car and the frame rail is looking crooked and mangled like a night crawler that stayed out in the sun too long. Looked like somone picked the car up and droped it on a tree stump or something. On a good note, the car was at the alignment shop today and they were able to get every angle into the green so i guess a bent up frame isn’t the end of the world. Aside from that the car is missing an obscene number of bits and pieces. I swear it was a parts car at one point.

Interior
No heater button, ashtray, lighter, floor mats, o **** handle covers, door panel screw deely bobs , center console is back about a quarter inch too far, brown back seat belts on a blue interior car.

Exterior
No wiring in the trunk at all whole harness was gone for license plate lights and latch. No tail light wiring covers in the trunk. No sockets on the side markers front and back and 1 bright head light and the wires for them are dangling accordingly, no spring on the gas door so you have to dink around to open it up, mud flaps were gone too so the bumper just blows in the wind. Found out after buying the little clear turn signal for the front someone put a 96/97 front bumper on which I don’t know if they got side tracked or what when they were installing this thing but it had 2 of the plastic fasteners under the headlights holding it on and that was all. You can tell the car has been painted cuz the tires, license plate light lens and rear side markers are light blue. Passenger side of the car has white paint on like someone peeled out in a gallon of fresh white paint.

Maintenance
Thing has a brake problem that lets the brake pedal slowly go to floor when your at a stop but only does this when it wants occasionally, needs a clutch I assume because clutch chatters when till its warmed up and it grabs at the very top of the pedal, antifreeze leak from the thermostat housing, needed tires, alignment and a wiper switch because it only works when it feels like it but it always works when you push it down.

To make a long story short for 2500 It’s given me a work out. Although, it runs like a dream, doesn’t use any oil, no dents, fresh paint, decent alum prelude 15 inch wheels, glass is coo, all the power crap works, A/C is good, seats are all good and while not smelling like a new car it doesn’t smell bad. I wouldn’t give it back and I‘m not unhappy with the pimp that sold me it because I know what he was going through. He’s also who told me about this site. I’ve been reading through every online source provided and now I'm fluent at resetting the SRS system with my paper clip I just need some locating the MES connector on a 5th generation accord because all my Haynes is saying is take it into the dealer. I spent as much time as I could handle upside down underneath my dash and I saw nothing similar to what is shown in the pictures here in the FAQ for the 6th gen. Only yellow connector I see is plugged into the fuse box and its got that ghetto yellow wire sheathing crap on it so you know its airbag related. But the pictures show just a yellow connector on a double gray wire. I'm having nightmares about that SRS light coming after me and its one of those where you can't really run that well and the more you try the slower you go. I swore I was going to get an accord without abs and without airbags so what do i do, buy a 94 ex. DOh. I'm not trying to be tied to the dealer every time that light comes on. I'll risk it having a car without functional airbags because I’m a dangerous kind of guy but i just cant have a dash light blinding me all the time. Anyway if someone is out there that help me shut this light off I would love it. Other than that I’m just saying hi and thanks for having this site off the chain. sorry for the long intro. HAllar

Inventory

94 accord, ex,2 dr,stick,(srs light on), (abs light off <---- thanks the lord every night)
95 accord, dx,4 dr, auto (srs light on)(no abs)
90 accord,DK (don't know),4 dr, auto, no airbags and no abs <--- thats what im talking bout!
72 comet goes 12.80s @ 106.5
66 mustang goes 16.2 thats my wifes car so keep it pretty tame.
Sorry about the novel.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:01 AM
ate my pixel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WHat it do (Seedeezy)

If you're working with a 94, that would be a 5th gen. That might be why you're having problems finding the MES.
for paying 2500 on a salvage title.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WHat it do (Seedeezy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Seedeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...bent up frame isn’t the end of the world. </TD></TR></TABLE>
That's a big no-no. A bent up frame, even repaired....will never really handle the same and is structurally UNSAFE.