Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Honda-Tech Balla
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Online Bill Pay

I was just wondering if anyone uses this, and what bank you bank with, AND, if it is good or not.

I have had my account at Washington Mutual for a while now and I just got their online bill pay set up a few months ago, and it sucks BIG TIME. I would send off payments that would take more than 17 days to get there. And it would come up late ,and I would have to go through all this **** to get it reversed because it was an obvious bank error, and their online bill pay just sucks really. So anyway, who uses it, and is it working out for you?
Honda-Tech Balla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
god.loves.ugly
B*a*n*n*e*d
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Online Bill Pay (Honda-Tech Balla)

i don't use it through my bank but I do pay every bill I have online. I haven't ever mailed a check.
god.loves.ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:26 AM   #3
jond
Honda-Tech Member
2005 BMW M3

I use wachovia online billpay. Its rated as the best free one out there.
Never had a problem.

jond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:17 AM   #4
Danziver
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Online Bill Pay (jond)

I pay most of my bills online. Click the image to open in full size.
Danziver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:26 AM   #5
YeuEmMaiMai
B*a*n*n*e*d
Garage is empty, add now

usbank and they are fast....most if not all can be paid same day or next day. newegg is the only one I have to do a week early....
YeuEmMaiMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:29 AM   #6
George Knighton
Grandpa
2000 Acura Integra
My Garage

Send a message via AIM to George Knighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda-Tech Balla
I have had my account at Washington Mutual for a while now and I just got their online bill pay set up a few months ago, and it sucks BIG TIME. I would send off payments that would take more than 17 days to get there.
If you have set up your account months ago and it is still taking 17 days to get something paid, then you need to change banks.

You should allow ten days for bill pay sums to reach your creditor if that creditor is an individual or entity that does not share banking information with your bank.

However, if your creditor is another bank, or a credit card or mortgage company, then the on-line payment should only take one or two business days, five business days at the most.

Anything different, and you should probably consider changing banks.

I use two banks and a federal credit union, and they all work the same way and get things done in the same time lines.

If you do not want to change banks, then you can help yourself out quite a bit by setting up automatic payments in every case that you can, and set up the payments to anticipate the delay time.

(This post is a reflection of this writer's personal opinion of how things should work, how things work for him, and what he would and would not put up with. The post is not a reflection of federal banking regulations.)
2014 RLX Advance #6890 Forged Silver (current driver)
2010 TL 6-6 #988 SH-AWD Tech Palladium Metallic/Ebony (Sold)
2000 Integra Type R #110 K20A(*)
Sold.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
Honda-Tech Balla
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Online Bill Pay (George Knighton)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton

If you have set up your account months ago and it is still taking 17 days to get something paid, then you need to change banks.

You should allow ten days for bill pay sums to reach your creditor if that creditor is an individual or entity that does not share banking information with your bank.

However, if your creditor is another bank, or a credit card or mortgage company, then the on-line payment should only take one or two business days, five business days at the most.

Anything different, and you should probably consider changing banks.
I know, and that was the problem. I knew that some companies didn't "accept" online bill pay, as in, they didn't have the electronic technology, so WaMu would have to generate a paper check and physically mail it out to them, taking a day or two longer, but yeah, you're right, this 16 day **** is getting old. lol.

Quote:
I use two banks and a federal credit union, and they all work the same way and get things done in the same time lines.
Well then, that seals the deal. B of A, here I come.

Quote:
If you do not want to change banks, then you can help yourself out quite a bit by setting up automatic payments in every case that you can, and set up the payments to anticipate the delay time.
I was going to do that, but then I realized that I would just close my account instead, because of this crap.

Quote:
(This post is a reflection of this writer's personal opinion of how things should work, how things work for him, and what he would and would not put up with. The post is not a reflection of federal banking regulations.)
Yes, and thanks for the input Mr. Knighton, always a pleasure. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
aeboync
Garage is empty, add now

I have Bank of American and I use bill pay. I love it. Usually its next day deilvery but at the most it'll be like 5 days.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
Bishop Don Shizzle
Oh yeah I forgot I can edit my own title! Yay!
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Online Bill Pay (aeboync)

Citibank and I just started using bill pay. Works great, takes only a day or two to clear and it links straight to the accounts and makes a quick transaction.
Bishop Don Shizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #10
Conflicted
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

I've used it both with my old Bank of America accounts, and also with my new TCF bank account. I dont think its too bad as long as you arent doing your bill pay via shady sites. Mine are for my 2 credit cards, my car payment and thats really it. 90% of my shopping gets done in-store and so there are less worries. These days however, anyone can try and be you and steal your identity etc... sad state of affairs.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #11
Honda-Tech Balla
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Online Bill Pay (aeboync)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeboync
I have Bank of American and I use bill pay. I love it. Usually its next day deilvery but at the most it'll be like 5 days.
Sweet Click the image to open in full size.

No more 20 day WaMu ****. Good to know.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
JRizEJ6
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to JRizEJ6

wells fargo online bill pay here. once you submit a payment itll give you the date that the payment will be sent out. usually around ~3 days. good stuff Click the image to open in full size.
JRizEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
accord, bill, billing, billpay, civic, honda, hondacom, motorcycle, newegg, online, pay, tech, wachovia, wellsfargo, wwwhondabillpaycom