Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SOHC z6 vs LS other?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOHC z6 vs LS other?

i have a single cam z6 and was wondering if it would be worth the time to swap and Ls into or just build the single V. kinda wanted to do single turbo but have been considering swaps also because duals have more HP potential any suggenstions?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOHC z6 vs LS other? (Felixthecatz6)

im kindof in the same spot as you, i want more power for my car, but as cheaply as posibly while being reliable, im planning on going the LS motor route so hopefully later on down the road i can turbo it, but everybody has different ways they use their car, mine is mostly DD, so i need the extra taller gears for the highway and interstate, other wise both would be a good choice, just remember that if you blow up your D its only 5-700 to replace it, if you kill your B your out at least $1k, depending how much you put into it and what happens, just do alot of reading, everybody has their own style, either way you cant really lose, your going to get more power than you have. turboing the D would prob be cheaper, unless you can get a really good deal on a LS
Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill sell you a skunk2 cam and adj. cam gear for the z6
Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: SOHC z6 vs LS other? (Projekt_2nr)

hoq much for the cams and gears? outa curiousity
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

single cams are junk
Old 01-31-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: SOHC z6 vs LS other? (kyle h.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kyle h. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">single cams are junk </TD></TR></TABLE>

not necesarily....they can be good motors if you do the right things to them...my buddy has a hatch with a JDM D15b vtec with a couple bolt ons and he dips on LS hatches...i used to have my crx with a single V and i smashed on B20 hatches a couple times so to call them junk is pure ignorance...

back on the subject... if you want reliability and more power, just go with an LS thats in good condition, a stock motor will always be more reliable than a modified motor...
Old 01-31-2007, 01:36 PM
EG8
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOHC z6 vs LS other? (89crxsohcvtec)

15.23@90.6, SOHC ZC Vtec (JDM D16Z6) I/H/E Tuned on crome pro by myself

http://youtube.com/watch?v=09vVGIZURek doesnt look impressive against a 12 second lighting though

Keep the single cam unless you want 250whp+ on a turbo setup stock block, the single cam wont do that on a stock block
Old 01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kyle h. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">single cams are junk </TD></TR></TABLE>l0l . your a funny guy. so a stock b-series(any b-series) is more likely to have more power and tq than a boosted d-series. remember i said stock b series. because it will cost less to boost a d-series and yet u beat a b-series motor, though u say single cams are junk. there is people making 500+whp on turbod16.com and have dynocharts to show. this is without nitrous for some. do u still say they are junk, if u do than you are a fool. no im not saying there better over than b-series, but money wise they are. and for about to 400whp they are cheaper than a b-series in most ways. of course a b-series is a better motor breathing wise but that is if u have money flowing out your ***, most of us on here do not, or we wouldnt be driving civic's(i prob would but would have like a supra or skyline if i was rich(millionare))
Old 01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

but most d's are old as ****

so who would wanna boost one without a build

after that the price levels out

b16a2's are insanely cheap because no 1 wants em
Old 01-31-2007, 03:34 PM

because b16a2 = gay, and so does all these topics which have been covered over 4,099 times. Please, if you are a n00b here, there search button may be small, but its there, upper right hand corner.

Seriously, im not getting into this.

oh and your Sohc pulling on LS's HAHA! maybe you have a gutted crx, and your racing a sedan full of grown ups, hope you didnt spill your lunch box while in VTAK!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

stock ex ek will pull on a stock ls integ

Old 01-31-2007, 03:46 PM

if they have an ls tranny, but matched with a b16/gsr tranny it would kill it.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:48 PM
EG8
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (YoungKadafi)

I have beat B16/GSR trans combo in Civic Si hatch. And When the hell did B16's become cheap cause nobody wants them? if i remember they still cost like 1500-1900. besides take the Tranny away from the B16 and its pretty much garbage

Show me an LS swap with LS trans that runs my time in a EG Sedan or something other then a hatch or rex. LS with LS trans with bolt ons is a pretty sorry setup to me, when i pull just as hard and get better MPG

Taken from the HT Offical DOHC Track Times

1/4 mile: 15.262
trap speed: 89.704
60': 2.2
wheels: gsr rims w/ pirelli tires
car: 93 civic vx hatch
motor: 95 b18b1, gsr tranny w/ lsd, I/H/E

-Quarter Mile Time--15.0
-MPH Trap Speed--90 mph
-60ft Time--2.1
-Tires--Kumo 712's@18 psi
-Car Year, Model, Body Style, Trim Level--1992 civic dx hatchback
-Engine Code--B18B1
-N/A or FI--N/A
-Elevation or US State if you don't know--Capitol in Md.
-Modifications--Iceman CAI, DC 4-2-1, Invidia Catback....Full interior and system

Better 60' then mine (best was 2.29) and he went .2 faster with the same trap

-15.01 seconds
-205/40/16 Dunlop SP FM 901
-1993, 3-DR, Civic, CX
-B18B1
-N/A
-1315 Scribner, NE
-Short ram intake, 2.5 inch header back, ACT HDSS

Same here in a CX hatch back which weighs less then a LX 4 door

1/4 time---15.887
MPH trap--89.31
60ft--------2.414
tires-------stock steelies Bfgoodrich touring T/A
CAR--------95 EX coupe
ENGINE--- 94 B18b
N/A
Illinois
mods-----"performance" filter, RSR GT2 exhaust, test pipe.

..... how is an LS with LS trans better then a single cam combo?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

u can get b16a2's for alot less than that

& their alot newer than most motors out there

who wants to swap in a motor with more miles on it than their own
Old 01-31-2007, 03:56 PM
EG8
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

my SOHC Zc Vtec had 42k on it when i bought it from japan....
Old 01-31-2007, 04:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

thats what they told u

u can never know for sure when it comes to jdm motors...
Old 01-31-2007, 04:06 PM
EG8
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

So that apply's to all motors if you didnt see them pull it out the car prior then doesnt it?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kyle h. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">single cams are junk </TD></TR></TABLE>

your an idiot

Old 01-31-2007, 04:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because b16a2 = gay, and so does all these topics which have been covered over 4,099 times. Please, if you are a n00b here, there search button may be small, but its there, upper right hand corner.

Seriously, im not getting into this.

oh and your Sohc pulling on LS's HAHA! maybe you have a gutted crx, and your racing a sedan full of grown ups, hope you didnt spill your lunch box while in VTAK!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

so are you
Old 01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im using the single came vtec in my ej1 and i love it, it does have torque like teh ls does but it has the top end. im running a skunk2 mani, intake exhaust, lightened flywheel , stage 2 clutch and its fun as hell to drive. ill stick to the single cam
Old 01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (EG8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So that apply's to all motors if you didnt see them pull it out the car prior then doesnt it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

usdm
carfax

jdm
whatever the importers tell u
Old 01-31-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: (EG8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

..... how is an LS with LS trans better then a single cam combo?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm let me guess, because vtec is for ricers, and id take a 1.8 dohc, over a 1.6 sohc with gay *** vtec any day.

and i also said with a b16 tranny, it would take a stock d anyday. Plus what happens when you i/h/e a sohc, pretty much NOTHING.

a 1.8 you have more to work with, nuff said.

Facts, im sure an LS would like boost more than a d15.
Facts, 1.8&gt;1.6 when your using the shorter Gears.
Facts Stock, d16y8 jdm d15&gt;stock LS, all because the tranny/Gay trance music Vtec
Facts Vtec is a form of sushi/pho, or maybe extacy? i dunno what ricers eat now days

Facts Sohc and Vtec in the same phrase is like saying "Im gay, but really fast in my 1.6...the only way i will be faster tho, is if I get stickers, or turbo, but autozone doesnt have FMIC"
Facts, your **** really isnt that fast, seriously its a econo car, were talking 127hp-not at the wheels, with around 100lbs of torque, my effing arms can do better.
Facts, bolt ons to your 1.5/1.6 vtec will do, what? not much?

Another fact, telling somebody to waste money on bolt ons with your sohc 1.5/1.6= one retarded certified consultant.

Another fact, if you get the LS engine, sell your d15, get a b16 tranny with a better FD ratio/and a longer 5th from an LS, and then bolt ons, im sure you will be MUCH happier, and your car will be more useable. And dont try to effing argue with me n00bs, this **** has been an ongoing battle between Experience Vs FUkin ricers for years. Vtec = Trance music, with glow sticks, then pho afterwords to talk about your 14psi N/A vtec.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: (platinumx6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinumx6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so are you</TD></TR></TABLE>

The true idiot is your baby ***, GTFO and STFU.

oh and something i researched, you ricers with the vtak y0, count for about .8% of the pollution for the planet? yes, noise is a form of polution. So next time your listening to the tokyo drift soundtrack, hitting vtec with your glow sticks, coconut shooter, scaring the **** out of baby squirles and chipmunks, know that there is probably some very sexy bitches just laughing at your ***...or your possible extacy buyers who think your **** is pretty dam gay. and still you will be passed by your average car, probably doing a steady 2000rpms thinking something must be wrong with your fart can, no joke
Old 01-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The true idiot is your baby ***, GTFO and STFU.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No need to be an ethug
Old 01-31-2007, 04:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm let me guess, because vtec is for ricers, and id take a 1.8 dohc, over a 1.6 sohc with gay *** vtec any day.

and i also said with a b16 tranny, it would take a stock d anyday. Plus what happens when you i/h/e a sohc, pretty much NOTHING.

a 1.8 you have more to work with, nuff said.

Facts, im sure an LS would like boost more than a d15.
Facts, 1.8&gt;1.6 when your using the shorter Gears.
Facts Stock, d16y8 jdm d15&gt;stock LS, all because the tranny/Gay trance music Vtec
Facts Vtec is a form of sushi/pho, or maybe extacy? i dunno what ricers eat now days

Facts Sohc and Vtec in the same phrase is like saying "Im gay, but really fast in my 1.6...the only way i will be faster tho, is if I get stickers, or turbo, but autozone doesnt have FMIC"
Facts, your **** really isnt that fast, seriously its a econo car, were talking 127hp-not at the wheels, with around 100lbs of torque, my effing arms can do better.
Facts, bolt ons to your 1.5/1.6 vtec will do, what? not much?

Another fact, telling somebody to waste money on bolt ons with your sohc 1.5/1.6= one retarded certified consultant.

Another fact, if you get the LS engine, sell your d15, get a b16 tranny with a better FD ratio/and a longer 5th from an LS, and then bolt ons, im sure you will be MUCH happier, and your car will be more useable. And dont try to effing argue with me n00bs, this **** has been an ongoing battle between Experience Vs FUkin ricers for years. Vtec = Trance music, with glow sticks, then pho afterwords to talk about your 14psi N/A vtec.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright illeterate sonbitch. He said either a LS swap or TURBO single cam. dont throw in all this other bullshit.

LS swapped in yourself- over 1k if you do it right and replace old worn parts. you can build a turbo kit for the same price and your 'shitty' single cam will be good for 225whp.

225 turbo single cam&gt; ?125whp? LS

The true idiot is your baby ***, GTFO and STFU.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that was a good one

Quick Reply: SOHC z6 vs LS other?