Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Problems with my clutch pedal.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems with my clutch pedal.

So when I bought my teg, the seller told me they put in a new clutch. I'm starting to believe that that's some bullshit. When I'm trying to hit high speeds and I'm in 2nd gear, going into 3rd gear always grinds. (During normal driving, this doesn't happen)But that's not the real problem as I'm not using my teg for racing but daily driving, this is just what I've encountered while experimenting. ANyone's thought's on this?

Now, the real problem. My clutch pedal is hard to press(hence the reason; the guy said it was because of a new clutch) But anyways, now that I come to think about it, I think it's because of an old worn out clutch cable. Is this the case? What are you thoughts? Should I just get a new clutch wire/cable from acuraoemparts.com and call it day?

I've noticed most clutch pedals are relatively easy to press in, I actually have to exert a reasonable amount of pressure to get it to do the trick. And in the cold, it's even worse, it makes a grinding noise when I'm pressing in the pedal. AFter it get's warmed up, it stops and is a bit easier to press... but still, there seems to be a problem. It's hard for me to accurately shift because of this, and it's hella annoying. It should be a breeze, but not for me.

What's the difference from a race clutch and an oem clutch. Is it harder to press in?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Problems with my clutch pedal. (JDMsun)

Well, an aftermarket pressure plate is usually harder than stock. Therefore the pedal is a lot stiffer than normal. The chattering is normal with cable clutches, unfortunately. It happened to me in my EF.

Grinding in only ONE gear can tell you that it's a tranny problem and not a clutch problem, otherwise it would happen in every gear.

I think the first thing to check/fix is adjusting the clutch cable. Set it to stock spec and tell us if it still grinds like that again. If it does it's just the synchro giving out on you.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

older the clutch the softer the pedal.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Problems with my clutch pedal. (blinx9900)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think the first thing to check/fix is adjusting the clutch cable. Set it to stock spec and tell us if it still grinds like that again. If it does it's just the synchro giving out on you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I'll have to check that and see if I can adjust it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">older the clutch the softer the pedal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ANND, thank you to.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:56 PM

pm 'ed