Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate > Electronics, Gaming & Photography
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 12-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #1
FalkenSiR
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
shpongled357 SeekerOfOneness
Send a message via Skype™ to FalkenSiR
Default Speedfan Q: What is "remote temperature"?

I run speedfan in one of my computers and one of the measurements it senses is "remote temperature"

What is that? because it's always overheating. The little flame icon is next to it while local temp and my 2 hd's have a green check mark, indicating that their temperature is fine.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
hapexamendios 2.0
R.I.P.
2002 Lamborghini Gallardo

Default Re: Speedfan Q: What is "remote temperature"? (J.MONEY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.MONEY
I run speedfan in one of my computers and one of the measurements it senses is "remote temperature"

What is that? because it's always overheating. The little flame icon is next to it while local temp and my 2 hd's have a green check mark, indicating that their temperature is fine.

on my brand new system Speedfan and another app read my CPU temp at 71 degrees all the time (which is way fawking hot) but its actually at 31-32 according to the BIOS... if that helps

hapexamendios 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
FalkenSiR
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

shpongled357 SeekerOfOneness
Send a message via Skype™ to FalkenSiR
Default Re: Speedfan Q: What is "remote temperature"? (honda 3300)

Ok, I was doing some searching on some boards and I think I got the temp issue under control. However, both my HD's are "in flames" My 250 gb brand new hd is at like 98% just idling (scary) and the other one (old- 30 gb) around 80% temp

Why is this? is the case too small? its a micro ATX I think. The comp is a hp pavillion 531w.

How do I go about adding a fan? I couldn't find any info on it. How do I know what fits my computer and what size should I get? Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
Frozen E
H-T White Ops
2008 Honda Element

Rig up some kind of a fan setup on those hard drives. Those suckers spin at 5400-10,000 RPM. Heat is their enemy. I have 4 hard drives in my computer and they stay at about room temperature because I have a big *** 120mm fan sucking air across them all the time. Cheap insurance that will more than likely extend the life of your drives.
A $5 fan might keep your priceless data safe.
Frozen E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #5
Frozen E
H-T White Ops
2008 Honda Element

Here's my fan setup. The black plastic is a piece of a DVD case I cut out to make sure that the air being sucked over the hard drives is coming from outside the case, and not just recirculated air from inside the case that's a hell of a lot warmer than my room. Works like a charm

With the air diverter in place

"Air diverter" off
Old 12-24-2006, 04:05 AM   #6
uNF$@#!
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: (IslandSi)

the antec sonata is a sucky case to be overclocking with anyhow...

the vent in front is useless.....
uNF$@#! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #7
Frozen E
H-T White Ops
2008 Honda Element

Default Re: (uNF$@#!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uNF$@#!
the antec sonata is a sucky case to be overclocking with anyhow...

the vent in front is useless.....
Uhmm, how do you figure? The "vent" in the front s an air inlet. The big *** 120 in the back has to pull air from somewhere. Works out great. As the exhaust fan is pulling air out of the case, the air coming into the case is getting pulled over the hard drives, cooling them down as well.
Cold air comes in the bottom, over the hard drives, padded the CPU heat sink and out the back. Doesn't really get any more efficient than that if you ask me.

submit to reddit

Tags
128c, bios, computer, fan, flame, pc, remote, speed, speedfan, sppedfan, temp, temperature, viewer, what, whats