Notices

How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad?

so i just started up my new motor from HMotors today and i hear this lil wierd noise coming from fuel rail / intake manifold / injectors area.. and not quite really sure what it is. its not that loud, but i can hear it a lil, if i close my hood i cant really hear it.. would it be a bad injector? how can i tell if an injector is bad ? check spark plug and see if its white?? i wanna know how to diagnoise a bad injector so i dont buy a new one and find that my old one was still good. btw im runnin 550CC injectors on my t3/t4 turbo setup on stock JDM b18B
Old 08-24-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad? (Jesse.)

im sure you could send them out to get tested, i believe they clean them and give you a chart of what your injectors are pushing.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad? (b18a1ef9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18a1ef9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sure you could send them out to get tested, i believe they clean them and give you a chart of what your injectors are pushing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

where at?
Old 08-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jesse. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i just started up my new motor from HMotors today and i hear this lil wierd noise coming from fuel rail / intake manifold / injectors area.. and not quite really sure what it is. its not that loud, but i can hear it a lil, if i close my hood i cant really hear it.. would it be a bad injector? how can i tell if an injector is bad ? check spark plug and see if its white?? i wanna know how to diagnoise a bad injector so i dont buy a new one and find that my old one was still good. btw im runnin 550CC injectors on my t3/t4 turbo setup on stock JDM b18B</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know if thats the injectors making that noise. the one time that i've really heard an injector "click" or make any noise was when the motor was off. it was have to be a pretty loud noise is you are hearing it while the car is running with the hood on. souds like the valve train. hopefully its not a rod knock.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad? (Turbo O)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo O &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont know if thats the injectors making that noise. the one time that i've really heard an injector "click" or make any noise was when the motor was off. it was have to be a pretty loud noise is you are hearing it while the car is running with the hood on. souds like the valve train. hopefully its not a rod knock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont think its a rod knock.. i just got this motor from Hmotors and this is first time turning it on. i believe a rod knock is a diff noise. this noise isnt so Hallow, and its not constant like a valve click . its like a unconsistant ryhthm.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:21 AM

http://www.witchhunter.com/
http://www.cruzinperformance.com/
also there is RC...all clean and balance injectors
Old 08-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad? (RedEj8)

prolly the injectors just pulsing, try to take a video clip
Old 08-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad? (SPNFEDEH)

Injectors do, and are easily heard with a running engine. They aren't loud though, and they rapidly click.

Beware of the rod knock though. I thought mine was something else too made it a thousand miles, and a hella abusive autocross before stranding me.

Also, did you do a valve lash?

In my opinion, injectors are going to work or not work. You can test the voltage, and i believe you can hit them with low power and see if they click. I mean they could misfire so to speak, or spray badly, but i don't think they will make a wierd noise, but then again i don't really know on that subject... good luck.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do i tell if my Fuel injectors are going bad? (coneheadsracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coneheadsracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Injectors do, and are easily heard with a running engine. They aren't loud though, and they rapidly click.

Beware of the rod knock though. I thought mine was something else too made it a thousand miles, and a hella abusive autocross before stranding me.

Also, did you do a valve lash?

In my opinion, injectors are going to work or not work. You can test the voltage, and i believe you can hit them with low power and see if they click. I mean they could misfire so to speak, or spray badly, but i don't think they will make a wierd noise, but then again i don't really know on that subject... good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

took it to a local firned / mechanic and he said it wasnt a rod knock or valve lash. i doubt valve lash b/c my motor came from Hmotors and it was a JDM automatic motor.. so i dont think u can misshift. he said it might be injectors though but we arnt sure. gona check the spark plugs soon though.