Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 04-20-2002, 07:54 PM   #1
RFX
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!!

ok so my girl and i were on are way to resv. dinner @8pm sat. night. around 7:30pm just turning on to the ramp to get on rt. 287 i got pulled over. i was like f**k now were going to be late.

the police officer came up to the car and ask for all my info so i gave it over. he said "the reason why i pulled you over was your car isn't registered" i said "what u gotta be joking" so off cause my registration for my car expired and i didn't even know. damn now what am i going to do?

so the officer was like "are you aware you have illegal tint on your car" i said "um yeah" i knew that i was going to get a ticket for it anyway even if i said NO. the officer than says "you know that your exhaust is illegal" i said "no that exhaust is 50 state legal and i did my research when puchasing it" the officer said "well you should of looked under section 39 in the city code about loud mufflers" i said "sorry i did look it up" he then was like do you have proof? i said "no not on me but the company said its 50 state legal".

so the officer goes back to his car and after awhile he comes up and said "i'm sorry but i cant let you drive your car home because its not registered" i said "common just follow me to my girls house and i'll leave it there" the officer said "sorry i can't let you do that. i have a tow truck coming to get your car and u have to call someone to drive you home" so nothing i could do about it my girl and i cleaned out the car grabing the rader, headuint, CDs, everything so the tow truck guy can't help himself to anything.

the officer then gives me a ticket for any unregistered car, and the tint, but let my go about the exhaust, but pointing out the code in the book. so another officer there drove us back to my girls house while whiching my car going on a flat bed just missing scraping my exhaust tip on the ground errrrrrrrr.

so inconclusion i didn't make it to my dinner that night, my car got towed and i have to pay for the towing and keeping my car there till monday (NO RIDE TILL MONDAY ERRRR), and have to pay for my two tickets. f**k if my night got all messed up.... so thats why i hate NJ you can't do anything in this state w/o getting i trouble. you can't fix up your car w/o getting hasseled, u can't skateboard, u can't bike on city streets, u can't ride dirtbikes or quads w/o risking getting trouble. the only thing you can do in the state is work, pay taxes, and die!!!!!!! f**k this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just had to vent sorry.

[Modified by civicHX, 9:03 PM 4/20/2002]
Old 04-20-2002, 08:03 PM   #2
One2hit
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to One2hit Send a message via AIM to One2hit
Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (civicHX)

you can listen to Redman Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicDXBoy
Alright let's go as far as to take the stand point as to say I have the intelligence of a 9 or 10 year old. Alright here we go.
~<3 B~
One2hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 08:05 PM   #3
RedHatch
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to RedHatch

It's boring being a teen in jersey too. Don't forget to mention that.
Old 04-20-2002, 08:29 PM   #4
briq4
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to briq4
Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (RedHatch)

Agreed NJ sucks. Even if you don't do something IN the state it comes back to haunt you. That really sucks about the cop towing you... he was a total *****, I know he's just doing his job but cut a guy some slack. how expired were you?
Old 04-20-2002, 09:34 PM   #5
BDiddy
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to BDiddy
Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (briq4)

you really shouldnt be bitching, you should be thanking him... First you knew about the tint... Second, you know that if you got into an accident with expired reg that your insurance wouldnt cover you for any damages? To person and/or property... Also since you have no reg... The accident is your fault even if the other guys runs a red light in front of a cop... Logic there... You shouldnt have been there becasue you shouldnt have been driving your car... Id say you got off pretty light... Just so you know what could have happened...

Chuck Norris crossed the road. Nobody has ever dared question his motives.
BDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 11:35 PM   #6
irdprelude
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to irdprelude
Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (B-DIDDY)

i know alot of people are going to flame me but o well...
my mom was driving my car so that i could drive hers to a pretty rocky party area, she got pulled over for doing 74 in a 55, and she couldnt show proof of registration...she should of been arrested...but she wasnt...and neither were you...i dont know if the laws are the same but you did get off lucky
Click the image to open in full size.
irdprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 11:47 PM   #7
MackSpeed-616
Trial User
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to MackSpeed-616
Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (irdprelude)

the only good thing about NJ is that you have REAL states near by... figure it out!
Old 04-21-2002, 06:52 AM   #8
TurboSohc
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to TurboSohc

Nj simply blows
Old 04-21-2002, 07:52 AM   #9
RFX
Garage is empty, add now

briq4

my reg. expired just a few months ago. i've had my car for 5 years and not once been late w/ my registration. i didn't get anything in the mail so therefore it didn't even dawn on me that my reg. expired.

whats also funny is that eariler in the day i was once agian turning to get on to 287 going to pick my girl up and had a different police officer was in his car behind me. this office turned on his lites and i was like DAMN!!!!! i thought i was going to get pulled over for my tint still not knowing that my reg expired. so i just pulled over into the next lane getting read to deal w/ this cop and he just drove past me and pulled over the guy who was in front of me. go figure
that the cop didn't notice my expired reg. i guess he wasn't paying attention....
but damn if that other police officer later that night got my good.

i also asked the police officer that pulled me over "so you mean to tell me that you pull over every kid in this town w/ exhaust?" he replies "yup everytime i see anyone w/ and exhaust like yours i pull them over and the get a ticket" i should of said something like well maybe these kids are staying off of drugs and alcohol by working on their cars, but your just making it harder for them to do that.

damn now i have a manditory court date for the expired reg. and have to talk to him and the prosicutor. i think i'll say something then. i'll see what happens
Old 04-21-2002, 11:10 AM   #10
GsrSdn
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to GsrSdn

NJ sucks Click the image to open in full size....only good thing is englishtown
- 99 Escalade SOLD!!!
- 93 BMW 325is Red SOLD!!!
- 98 v6 Accord EX SOLD!!!
- 94 Gsr sedan SOLD!!!
- 93 b18 Delsol TOTALED!!!
- 94 Gsr coupe TOTALED!!!
GsrSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 11:51 AM   #11
BDiddy
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (GsrSdn)

Quote:
NJ sucks Click the image to open in full size....only good thing is englishtown

and Tony Soprano!!!!... MMM Meadow.....

Old 04-21-2002, 12:19 PM   #12
briq4
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to briq4

He coulda been cool about it and given you a ticket for failure to show documents, and told you to get it inspected, your insurance was valid, and as far as the saying it's your fault for an accident I find that hard to believe that just becuase your car isn't registered it's automatically your fault. And I guess not everyone is as perfect as others, I let my inspection lapse and it was becuase I really thought it was due the next year... mistakes happen, it's not like you were trying to pull anything over etc. I say get the car legal and go to the court date and tell the judge it was an honest mistake for the registration, and as for the tint I just wouldn't bring that part up...

Some cops are cool others are plain jerks. Good luck with it all tho. At least none of the offenses is a moving violation. Click the image to open in full size. No points becuase the only thing worse than NJ itself is NJ INSURANCE Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:29 PM   #13
BDiddy
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
He coulda been cool about it and given you a ticket for failure to show documents, and told you to get it inspected, your insurance was valid, and as far as the saying it's your fault for an accident I find that hard to believe that just becuase your car isn't registered it's automatically your fault.

His insurance is NOT valid... If you read your policy like you should, there will be in the declarations a statement about keeping your car up-to-date and legally registered.

As far as it being his fault the theory is simple... You have expired reg. You shouldnt be driving the car. If you werent driving the car... You never would have been in accident. Trust me on this...

Old 04-21-2002, 05:33 PM   #14
Rory Breaker
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Jersey SUCKS...I hate it.
The armpit of America...

<FONT SIZE="4">Are you a DC Sports fan? This is your off-season kool-aid!</FONT>
Rory Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 05:38 PM   #15
kevie88
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to kevie88
Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (newgsrdriver)

Soooo:

you have illegal windows
your car is on the road illegally

And it's NJ's fault. What is with the 'blame everyone else" attitude? I'm sorry I don't understand where your beef is coming from, just my $.02, please don't take this the wrong way.
kevie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 08:28 PM   #16
Frosty_spl
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Frosty_spl
Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (kevie88)

late by a few months? wtf? why dont you remember when its due? I know mine is due in august.

Late by A FEW months, not one month, but a few. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-21-2002, 08:58 PM   #17
bigTom
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: OT: New Jersey makes me MAD!!! (kevie88)

Quote:
Soooo:

you have illegal windows
your car is on the road illegally

And it's NJ's fault. What is with the 'blame everyone else" attitude? I'm sorry I don't understand where your beef is coming from, just my $.02, please don't take this the wrong way.
i agree... it sux u got bagged liked that but ignorance does not mean innocence... remember that... failure to know the law does not mean u dont have to abide by it like everyone else
bigTom is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit