Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

How to remove egg from car?!!

Old 06-28-2006, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove egg from car?!!

Wow it seems someone egged my car when I went to leave the parking lot and theres yellow yolk stains dripping down on my passenger side door and also the driver side door handle is sticky. The stuff won't seem to come off with water and I heard it will take off the paint if i scrub it. Even worst my window was a bit open and some egg got inside the door more like the panel side. WOuld u guys have any info on how to CLEAN it up? Does insurance cover any of this and would it raise my rates?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to remove egg from car?!! (Steven5210)

Exterior...Soap and Water for exterior, then apply wax

Interior...soap in cloth and scrub, then water in a towel for rinsing

Do is ASAP before it dries!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to remove egg from car?!! (Steven5210)

1. Get to the egg mess as soon as you discover it. Do not let egg sit on your car, even overnight.

2. Remove by hand the egg shell pieces that are not dried onto the car.

3. Wipe up as much of the egg as you can with a soft towel, being careful not to scratch the paint with eggshell remnants.

4. Soak a towel in a solution of half warm water and half white vinegar.

5. Place the saturated towel on the egg stain, letting it sit for 15-20 minutes.

6. Remove the wet towel, wipe away remnants and dry the area with a soft, dry towel.

7. Take your car to a body shop if the paint or clear coat is cracked, crinkled, scratched or bubbling up. You may need to have to have the car spot-painted or completely repainted.

Overall Tips:
Contact your insurance company to see if "egging" is covered under your policy. If damage costs come to more than your deductible, insurance may pay for it.

Keeping your car waxed and the finish protected may help avoid damage from eggs.

Overall Warnings:
The longer the egg sits on your car, the more damage will be done, especially if egg is allowed to "bake" on in the sun.

Take care and good luck!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Thx I didn't let it sit and I had to go out and get the egg outta my car at like 4 in the morning. I used some dish soap and hot water it came off pretty easily after a few rubs, but I will probably have to wash and wax the car now.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: (Steven5210)

wow where was this and who did it. we can follow those bastards into the mall n steal their rims etc so they cant get home.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to remove egg from car?!! (SDGIRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SDGIRL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Get to the egg mess as soon as you discover it. Do not let egg sit on your car, even overnight.

3. Wipe up as much of the egg as you can with a soft towel, being careful not to scratch the paint with eggshell remnants.

5. Place the saturated towel on the egg stain, letting it sit for 15-20 minutes.

6. Remove the wet towel, wipe away remnants and dry the area with a soft, dry towel.

7. Take your car to a body shop if the paint or clear coat is cracked, crinkled, scratched or bubbling up. You may need to have to have the car spot-painted or completely repainted.

Overall Tips:
Contact your insurance company to see if "egging" is covered under your policy. If damage costs come to more than your deductible, insurance may pay for it.

Keeping your car waxed and the finish protected may help avoid damage from eggs.

Overall Warnings:
The longer the egg sits on your car, the more damage will be done, especially if egg is allowed to "bake" on in the sun.

Take care and good luck! </TD></TR></TABLE>

This ought to be in the FAQ. Good recipe.

(Clearly, you've had to remove your share of eggs from car paint before...)
Old 06-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to remove egg from car?!! (Sugar Shane)

Unfortunately, yes, but I didn't get to it in time...
I actually heard them outside when it happened too.
The smell of raw egg is so gross and I still get a little queasy whenever I cook them.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:30 PM

Heh jimmy u can ask me for full details if u want
Old 06-29-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Re: (Steven5210)

LOL this sounds like sergury lol, Just wash the **** off
Old 07-16-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Re: How to remove egg from car?!! (SDGIRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SDGIRL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Get to the egg mess as soon as you discover it. Do not let egg sit on your car, even overnight.

Overall Tips:

Overall Warnings:

Take care and good luck! </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sugar Shane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This ought to be in the FAQ. Good recipe.

(Clearly, you've had to remove your share of eggs from car paint before...) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, since SDGIRL is a liar who plagiarizes others' work, she's probably never cleaned egg off a car in her life. As you can see, see lifted that info word-for-word from the following URL. SDGIRL, you are sad and pathetic.

Next time, try giving credit where it belongs.

http://www.ehow.com/how_155871_wash-egg-car.html
Old 07-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just be glad it came off. If someone egged my car, I would find where they live, and pour paint thinner all over the hunk of crap they drive...
Old 07-17-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Re: (Demonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Demonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just be glad it came off. If someone egged my car, I would find where they live, and pour paint thinner all over the hunk of crap they drive... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good idea. Easy to get away with.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STI champstar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow where was this and who did it. we can follow those bastards into the mall n steal their rims etc so they cant get home. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Very good idea if you can get away with it.

Maybe they were just jealous of the car. I think I would make sure they had a few flat tires and something just "happened" to their engine to cause mechanical failures.

Hope the car is fine. Insurance should cover this if something damaged your car and you have full coverage.