Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Little Advise Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Advise Please

Ok heres the deal. 94 Hatch SI with a B16, between idle and about 2k rpm the car is missing, anything after that the car runs great. Motor was installed by someone else so we know how that goes. From what I see obd1 harness w/obd2 injectors, (Why I don't know) and stock P30 ECU. Any advise would be great. Thanks in advance
Old 06-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Night Owl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Little Advise Please (pwrspdB20v)

I try to never keep it below 2k in gear in any gear. you shouldn't be stalling out your car by letting the engine run at such a low speed
Old 06-13-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Little Advise Please (shutupnskate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I try to never keep it below 2k in gear in any gear. you shouldn't be stalling out your car by letting the engine run at such a low speed</TD></TR></TABLE>
So how do you take off from a complete stop? Slip the clutch like a mad man keeping engine speeds above 2k rpm? or dumping the clutch and spinning out at every stop light?

Can you explain what it means when your car is "missing" from idle to 2k? Does it feel kind of sluggish? Shaky?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Night Owl

Default Re: Little Advise Please (Br1anPham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Br1anPham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So how do you take off from a complete stop? Slip the clutch like a mad man keeping engine speeds above 2k rpm? or dumping the clutch and spinning out at every stop light?

Can you explain what it means when your car is "missing" from idle to 2k? Does it feel kind of sluggish? Shaky?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty simple, rev it to 3k or so and feather the clutch. Why would you want to let your clutch out @ 1.5 k rpms? You should never let your car rev below 2k with the clutch out.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Night Owl

Default Re: Little Advise Please (justchilling)

ok i guess it's perfectly normal to drive your car around @ 1.5k then
Old 06-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i guess it's perfectly normal to drive your car around @ 1.5k then </TD></TR></TABLE>
you suck at driving and your car hates you...........stop giving people advice. its idiots like you that keep my garage busy
Old 06-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Little Advise Please (urnotfast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by urnotfast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you suck at driving and your car hates you...........stop giving people advice. its idiots like you that keep my garage busy</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha

but sounds like you need a tune up.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Night Owl

Default Re: Little Advise Please (urnotfast)

yah i guess i forgot i was in the civic forum. driving around in an integra w/ a exedy clutch/ fidanza flywheel has made me forget all about what it was like to drive a civic with a toasted clutch that did require 1.5k clutch drops. I would never let my engine rev below 2k rpms ( w/ clutch out)in ANY gear regardless of what you guys say. That's just plain common sense
Old 06-13-2006, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Little Advise Please (fmrprojects)

Car is just missing. No check engine lights. To me it seems like the car is dumping crazy fuel in that rpm range. Plugs wires and cap & rotor changed about 500 miles ago. Checked to see if there was a soft code in the ECu and nothing. Thanks again for any advise
Old 06-13-2006, 06:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yah i guess i forgot i was in the civic forum. driving around in an integra w/ a exedy clutch/ fidanza flywheel has made me forget all about what it was like to drive a civic with a toasted clutch that did require 1.5k clutch drops. I would never let my engine rev below 2k rpms ( w/ clutch out)in ANY gear regardless of what you guys say. That's just plain common sense</TD></TR></TABLE>
damn your stupid.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pretty simple, rev it to 3k or so and feather the clutch. Why would you want to let your clutch out @ 1.5 k rpms? You should never let your car rev below 2k with the clutch out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jesus Christ.

Good luck with that.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pwrspdB20v &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Car is just missing. No check engine lights. To me it seems like the car is dumping crazy fuel in that rpm range. Plugs wires and cap & rotor changed about 500 miles ago. Checked to see if there was a soft code in the ECu and nothing. Thanks again for any advise </TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you looked at the plugs since you changed them?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Little Advise Please (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pretty simple, rev it to 3k or so and feather the clutch. Why would you want to let your clutch out @ 1.5 k rpms? You should never let your car rev below 2k with the clutch out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. wtf are you trying to do to this person.

Try checking your dizzy and ignitor(I think thats how you spell it ) I had the same problem with my 1993 hatch and it was the ignitor.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I try to never keep it below 2k in gear in any gear. you shouldn't be stalling out your car by letting the engine run at such a low speed</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yah i guess i forgot i was in the civic forum. driving around in an integra w/ a exedy clutch/ fidanza flywheel has made me forget all about what it was like to drive a civic with a toasted clutch that did require 1.5k clutch drops. I would never let my engine rev below 2k rpms ( w/ clutch out)in ANY gear regardless of what you guys say. That's just plain common sense</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahhaha.
We will see a thread from him in about 2 months asking why his new clutch is toasted.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Little Advise Please (cambopheonix56)

BTW funniest thing I have read in a while. Thanks for the sig material
Old 06-13-2006, 08:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cambopheonix56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW funniest thing I have read in a while. Thanks for the sig material </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Riiight..... Because if you drive a Civic, driving an Integra is different, correct? Even though they're both made by the same company? And have very similar(same) motors? I drive around @ 1500-1600 all the time. On base, we have speed limits. Remind me again why you'll be back in a month or two with a clutch issue, you dumb son of a bitch.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person, so if I don't have the answer, I don't write sheer stupidity. You should try it.

You're a moron. That's just plain common sense.

To the OP, sounds like a problem I had a while ago. It ended up being my O2 sensor. But you're not throwing a code, so.... electrical gremlin, maybe?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Little Advise Please (black_EM1)

Plugs were pulled out las night appear to be fine normal in color and not running to hot. Weird thing is that the car ran fine no problems and then next day ran like s@$t Maybe I should try to keep the car up over 2k rpm like the guy says with the clutch J/K dont take me serious on that part! I will try to come up on a dizzy and see what happens, Thanks for all the advice please keep it coming
Old 06-14-2006, 08:49 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pwrspdB20v &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Plugs were pulled out las night appear to be fine normal in color and not running to hot. Weird thing is that the car ran fine no problems and then next day ran like s@$t Maybe I should try to keep the car up over 2k rpm like the guy says with the clutch J/K dont take me serious on that part! I will try to come up on a dizzy and see what happens, Thanks for all the advice please keep it coming </TD></TR></TABLE>

any luck yet
Old 06-14-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Little Advise Please (johnny_tdi)

Figured it out. Ended up being a block in the oil system. I pulled a TSB from work on it and followed the steps. Low and behold clogged oil pick up. Thanks for all the advise . If I can remember I will scan it in for you guys to view.