Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Official H2B Discussion thread **

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **Official H2B Discussion thread **

Year ago I had some flywheel bolts snap ( all except one which stripped and screw up the threads) finally had some movaition to take it to the machine shop and have them look at it. long story short, it didn't turn out good. Crank is junk. Had a hair line crack where the bolt stripped out. So I'm either looking to buy a new h22 block/ crank or just buy a f22/f23 block and slap everything back together.

What I wanted to know is if I went with the f series block route will the h2b kit be a direct bolt on and go or what is needed?

Or what would u guys recommend? Find a new h22 block /crank or just go buy a f series block (which is cheap from local junk that has a few out there)

I just want this car back up and running again.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slowesteg
Year ago I had some flywheel bolts snap ( all except one which stripped and screw up the threads) finally had some movaition to take it to the machine shop and have them look at it. long story short, it didn't turn out good. Crank is junk. Had a hair line crack where the bolt stripped out. So I'm either looking to buy a new h22 block/ crank or just buy a f22/f23 block and slap everything back together.

What I wanted to know is if I went with the f series block route will the h2b kit be a direct bolt on and go or what is needed?

Or what would u guys recommend? Find a new h22 block /crank or just go buy a f series block (which is cheap from local junk that has a few out there)

The kit fits all H/F motors(excluding S2000 of course) I would just get another H22 or H23a vtec motor.

Last edited by 2fast4u831; 04-22-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Thanks for the compliments on the pan.

Will a washer and bolt work in place of the stud?

I dont have any instructions from the kit. Hence the reason I asked. I tried to call Seth today but the voicemail box is full. Ill probably just send a pm to him.
PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the QSD installation instructions.

No, you don't need a washer… you don't need anything there at all!

PLEASE TAKE 10 seconds of your time and watch this video starting at 2:15
Old 04-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2fast4u831 is pointing you in the right direction. Less than $1000 and you got a complete h22 or h23 (you can order the JDM Vtec Bluetop shipped anywhere in the US for this price). It would be easy and you would get good performance.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1991_crxsi
PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the QSD installation instructions.

Timing Tensioner - YouTube
I am using the h23 manual tensioner conversion.The video is about using the KS tuned tensioner. I purchased alot of this stuff before they made the tensioner. Mostly in stages and it is finally coming together.

PM sent.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's worth it to use a kaizenspeed style tensioner. it's a bit tight with the h23 tensioner which can be hard on the belt and gears. You can really dial in the tension perfect with a threaded one. Plus it's hard to beat the pivoting h22 pulley.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am using the h23 manual tensioner conversion.The video is about using the KS tuned tensioner. I purchased alot of this stuff before they made the tensioner. Mostly in stages and it is finally coming together.

PM sent.
Glad I could help with the QSD instructions. For what its worth, I agree that the KS tuned tensioner is the way to go and worth the 125. Either way, I'm sure you will be good. I am excited to see your build come together! good luck.

Last edited by 1991_crxsi; 04-23-2014 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1991_crxsi

Timing Tensioner - YouTube
1991_crxsi
Could you also provide me with instructions if I pm you my email address? I bought a kit used and it didn't come with instructions. Plus I am missing some bolts that I need to identify.

thanks
Old 04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems like I'm throwing money at this car and Nevers last. It also f-ed up my tranny too so I gotta find me a new one, that's y I was looking into the accord f22/23 block. Funds right now is tight but at the same time I wanna have fun. Where could I find me a new long block? Not ordering from tiger japan had a bad experience with them.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is anyone selling an H2B oilpan?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems like I'm throwing money at this car and Nevers last. It also f-ed up my tranny too so I gotta find me a new one, that's y I was looking into the accord f22/23 block. Funds right now is tight but at the same time I wanna have fun. Where could I find me a new long block? Not ordering from tiger japan had a bad experience with them.
There are a bunch of ebay sellers and so you can check their feedback. I bought a JDM engine from an ebay seller once and it was perfect. Sometimes the ebay sellers have a website separate from ebay and sell the engines cheaper since they don't have to pay ebay fees on their private sites. Just a suggestion. Good luck!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dpine
1991_crxsi
Could you also provide me with instructions if I pm you my email address? I bought a kit used and it didn't come with instructions. Plus I am missing some bolts that I need to identify.

thanks
Sure, just PM me. I'll get you squared away.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd also recommend using the CM H2B flywheel to eradicate the need for QSD's spacer. I had the same thing with the bolts (luckily the crank was salvageable) and it's been perfect with the CM fly for over 2yrs now
Old 04-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Steve at Heart

Are you using dowel pins in all 4 locations? 2 for the trans to plate and 2 for the plate to block.

Originally Posted by SiR_Chris
I'd also recommend using the CM H2B flywheel to eradicate the need for QSD's spacer. I had the same thing with the bolts (luckily the crank was salvageable) and it's been perfect with the CM fly for over 2yrs now
Did you use any other flywheels prior to the clutch masters unit?

Picked up this dowel through the honda powersports. Its a 14x16 for the starter bolt hole. I did not have a 14x20 otherwise i would have cut it. So I am hoping theres no need to cut this one. Ill post a pic tommorow and see if clearancing is required after grinding the block for plate fitment.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you use any other flywheels prior to the clutch masters unit?
I used an ACT b-series flywheel to begin with
Old 04-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Steve at Heart

Got the plate removed, clutch and flywheel removed as well. Grinded the tab off along with inserted the 14x16 dowel for the starter location. It fits perfectly flush without modification. Plate is back on and the allens are torqued to 27 ft.lbs. from the instruction sheet.

Pics:
Before Grinding:

After:

Plate back on and dowel inserted:
Old 04-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody know of where i can get the flywheel bolts for a QSD kit. I have contacted QSD a few times now and have had no response yet. I have contacted a PLM dealer and they cant get them either.

You think if i contact ARP they can help me out?
Old 04-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Steve at Heart

Originally Posted by shocker911
anybody know of where i can get the flywheel bolts for a QSD kit. I have contacted QSD a few times now and have had no response yet. I have contacted a PLM dealer and they cant get them either.

You think if i contact ARP they can help me out?
What kit do you currently have?

If you have a PLM kit I wouldnt contact QSD regarding this matter.

If you do have a QSD kit I just got ahold of Seth the other day and he helped me within a couple days after. He can be busy. Otherwise best bet may be to measure the bolt length need. Send an email they will respond.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What kit do you currently have?

If you have a PLM kit I wouldnt contact QSD regarding this matter.

If you do have a QSD kit I just got ahold of Seth the other day and he helped me within a couple days after. He can be busy. Otherwise best bet may be to measure the bolt length need. Send an email they will respond.
I have a QSD kit. Im in need of the flywheel bolts to finish my build. Ill e-mail him again. I was J/W if anybody knew the size since i have sent 3 e-mails now.

Last edited by shocker911; 04-28-2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Steve at Heart

I can get the size when I get home in a couple hours. I did a search and found a thread regarding the bolts being made to order. If thats the case he may have some on hand or have to wait. Everything was included in my kit. Did you purchase the kit new or used?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can get the size when I get home in a couple hours. I did a search and found a thread regarding the bolts being made to order. If thats the case he may have some on hand or have to wait. Everything was included in my kit. Did you purchase the kit new or used?
i picked up used when i got my H22. It came with everything but the flywheel bolts. But for 600 for a H22a and the QSD kit i wasnt going to say no to that.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can use the ARP H22 flywheel bolts
Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wutthebun
you can use the ARP H22 flywheel bolts
are you sure about that? The part number for H22 ARP's is the same as B-series off the ARP site. H22 is no longer listed on the ARP site, i only found them through E-bay and the part number is 208-2802 which if you go to ARP's site brings up the B-series flywheel bolts.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you sure about that? The part number for H22 ARP's is the same as B-series off the ARP site. H22 is no longer listed on the ARP site, i only found them through E-bay and the part number is 208-2802 which if you go to ARP's site brings up the B-series flywheel bolts.
Technically those are about 1/2+ inch too short. Call ARP, OR call Seth from QSD. If he doesn't answer, just call him back.

Last edited by 1991_crxsi; 05-08-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a QSD kit. Im in need of the flywheel bolts to finish my build. Ill e-mail him again. I was J/W if anybody knew the size since i have sent 3 e-mails now.

PM sent.

Quick Reply: **Official H2B Discussion thread **