Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

5th gen fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th gen fuel filter

Can anyone show me a diagram or a picture of where the fuel filter for a 5th gen sedan is located? thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5th gen fuel filter (Mixturepinoy)

its near the firewall, under the master cylinder, and it looks to be a PITA to change. otherwise, books have decent diagrams
Old 05-03-2006, 12:36 PM

Accord 94-97 fuel filter

location, underhood, driver side, below brake master cylinder

part needed : fuel filter part # 16010-st5-933

tools needed: 10mm, 17mm sockets, 17 mm wrench, 3/8 drive short + long extension,rachet, 3/8 drive 14mm crow foot , 14mm short line wrench

this is a bit trickier to replace but it is simple..some people do the whole job from the top, that is when you will use the 14mm short line wrench,,personally i have found it a lot easier to loosen up the lower fuel line from the bottom ,,, Anyho ....

# 1 remove gas cap, to relieve fuel line pressure

# 2 raise the car up and with the long extension , 14mm crow foot , loosen the fuel line at bottom of filter DO NOT totally undo the line at this time or you will get fuel soaked,, put a pan under car so fuel can go there instead of on the floor once you totally undo the line

# 3 remove the 17mm nut at the fuel rail,( top end of fuel hose going to filter ) do not loose the aluminum washer you need to reuse it

# 3.5 remove the 17mm bolt for the fuel hose at fuel filter,remove the hose

# 4 totally undo the lower fuel line but undo it from the top ( engine compartment)

# 5 remove the 10mm fuel filter bracket bolt,, remove the assembly . you might have to play with it a bit but it will slide up by the master cylinder

# 6 once out, remove the 10mm bolt that hold the filter in the bracket., install new filter, make sure to line it up on the slot

# 7 if you look at the body where filter bracket mounts, there is an opening , below where the mounting bolt is, make sure to install the lower bracket nipple inside that hole,

# 8 before you install the 10mm bracket bolt, start the lower fuel line , from the top , make sure to turn the nut a few turn to make sure it is not cross threaded. once line is started ok, mount the bracket on the body tighten the 10mm bolt,,

# 9 tightem the lower fuel line ,,

# 10 install the upper hose, make sure to use new aluminum gaskets, put gas cap back on

Start the car and make sure there are no fuel leaks
Old 05-03-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Re: 5th gen fuel filter (accord-pro)

Great.. Thank you very much
Old 05-03-2006, 06:37 PM

The info that Accord Pro is correct, but let me interject. The great masters at Honda, after realizing the truth about where they put that damn thing which caused a few car fires upon replacement, Decided that it was a lifetime fuel filter (No kidding guys, This came straight from the factory to the dealer techs) So it's up to you weather you want replace it or not.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:50 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 5th gen fuel filter (blueshark)

where did you see that info? I havn't happened across this yet. ISIS i assume?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blueshark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The info that Accord Pro is correct, but let me interject. The great masters at Honda, after realizing the truth about where they put that damn thing which caused a few car fires upon replacement, Decided that it was a lifetime fuel filter (No kidding guys, This came straight from the factory to the dealer techs) So it's up to you weather you want replace it or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The dealer told me it was a lifetime fuel filter, even though every manual I had said to replace it. I never saw it listed as a part that was replaced in all the times I brought my 95 Accord EX in to the dealer, which now has over 225,000 miles. But, the car still runs smooth, so go figure.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blueshark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The info that Accord Pro is correct, but let me interject. The great masters at Honda, after realizing the truth about where they put that damn thing which caused a few car fires upon replacement, Decided that it was a lifetime fuel filter (No kidding guys, This came straight from the factory to the dealer techs) So it's up to you weather you want replace it or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LIFETIME ???? have you ever removed a filter and tip it upside down ?? the fuel coming out of it is like rusty color .. i dont want that stuff in my injectors ..

Forget what honda says ,, replace it at no longer than 60k....I still advice to do it every 30k ..