Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

just recieved an asr swaybar for da ?????

Old 10-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just recieved an asr swaybar for da ?????

i just ordered and recieved an asr 24mm rear swaybar for my 92 da. i just removed the oem swaybar from the car and when i was trying to install the new asr bar i was becoming really confused as to where the swaybar bushings and brackets are supposed to be mounted. so i went to the asr website and was reading the install pdf and noticed the 2 black brackets that its supposed to come with but were not included in the kit. does this swaybar only work if you order the subframe brace? cause if thats the case im gonna be really pissed if jhpusa didnt even put that in the description. it just says "a perfect upgrade to your asr subframe brace" nothing about you need to have an asr subframe brace for this to work. does anybody know if i need this subframe brace and if not does anybody have a pic of this swaybar mounted by its self to a 90-93 da please.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: just recieved an asr swaybar for da ?????

Originally Posted by tougetuned_ef
"a perfect upgrade to your asr subframe brace"
yeah I think that means you need to have the brace. Just hang on to your bar, save up and get the brace. Running a 24mm isnt a great idea without the brace. It can tear out.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it says "a perfect upgrade to your asr subframe brace" i will assume that you NEED the ASR subframe brace... i mean who wouldn't.... if you're looking to upgrade something you need item mentioned.

but yes you do need the ASR subframe brace for the DAs to use that type of sway bar.
if you're looking for a sway bar that fits in stock mounting locations look up suspension techniques...

for pics just search on g2ic.com
Old 10-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think its a little efed up that they dont advertise it as you need to have the brace to run this bar. yeah it would be a perfect upgrade but it doesnt say you need the brace. i was searching around and people said that the tearing is reported on the em1 civics due to the thiner metal used on the subframe. i want to run this bar so i guess ill just order the brace and put my stock sway bar back on until this brace comes in. also is there a 3rd brace cause i saw one on ebay that was a black plate attatched to the asr brace and sway bar. i dont know if it was a cut out of a subframe to demo it on or what.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ASR-S...#ht_2930wt_930

Last edited by tougetuned_ef; 10-03-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Touching My Member

reading comprehension is not your strongest suit.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Manny.
reading comprehension is not your strongest suit.
why is that cause they were not clear as to needing the brace to run this sway bar. ive been looking around for the past 2 days and have read nothing on needing this brace first to be able to run this bar. ive read at least, 5-8 acticles on the dif bewteen the asr setup and beaks setup. yeah it def is a great add on to your brace but ive never heard of a swaybar that needed the brace to run it. i saw on the asr instructions pdf the 2 black brackets that replace the oem sway bar brackets. i thought that they would be included in the kit with the sway bar but it was not in the package.

jhpusa did this kind of stuff to me before about 3 years ago i bought a jdmb16 full xsi swap for my first da and the motor came with nothing. the description said it included axels, wiring harness, shift linkage, all sensors, ecu and a couple of other things. when the motor arrived it came with a motor, trans, and a bunch of sensors that were smashed or missing, the crank pulley had a huge chunk out of it, no axels, halfshafts, shiftlinkage, or ecu. when i call them they sent the shift linkage and ecu but nothing else.

so for thinking that an asr swaybar may be missing a bracket or two, im sorry for my bad reading comprehension.