Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (Modest Mouse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Modest Mouse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

price and did you do the prep work</TD></TR></TABLE>

$150 from maaco of trenton...the previous owner had it, maaco did the prep, which im sure means they did nothing and when i got it i had to touch it up with spray paint (black for within the bumper)
Old 03-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (StreetEG)

bump anymore
Old 03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (Kouki-EK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kouki-EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got my car painted at a place called 1DayPaint which is essentially the same thing as Maaco. They got overspray everywhere possible. Including my rims, tires, headlights, moldings, engine, suspension, etc. And since it was red all of my car parts were pink afterwards. I will never get a cheap paint job again. </TD></TR></TABLE>Same thing happened to me basically, though the overspray was easy to clean up. I just have the back window to clean up, but I have to replace my Sol roof seals since they just sprayed right over them
Old 03-20-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (StreetEG)

Old 03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
CALM_AS_A_BOMB

Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (SLAMMED_EF8)

Lets go MAACO ,lets go ,Woo-Hoo
Old 03-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (CALM_AS_A_BOMB)

Not hating on MAACO but you can definitely see "Orange Peel" on the paint a clear sign of either lack of or poor color sanding. As someone stated earlier and as something I stand by is you get what you pay for, and for $500 you'll get a decent paint job that won't hold a candle to M.O.B. Works'.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Trial User

Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (CALM_AS_A_BOMB)

As everyone knows.. or should know.. all maacos are independently owned and operated. some are good..and some are just horrible. the one we have here in hamden ct is a GOOD one. they use dupont paint and have a state of the art facility.
this cost me 1000 bucks, they did the entire car including some light body work along with the door jambs, the inside of the trunk, and the radiator support. They also installed the front and rear lips and the rear spoiler.

This is my daily driver BTW. I did not want to put a lot of money into this car because of another project (check sig) but i think it came out looking great for what ive spent on it.

Before Maaco

After Maaco

Old 03-20-2006, 05:37 PM

all i've ever heard are bad things from maaco and after readin this thread i might give them a shot, i'm lookin to get my jdm fenders painted so i might go try them tomorrow and see how much they want.

i was told at a paint shop when u paint fenders you also have to paint a part of the hood and door and blend them together to make everything 100 perfect. is this true because for that they wanted 1200 bucks.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Trial User

Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (twelvesorbetter)

I forgot to mention- that is basecoat clear, 3 stage enamel. It looks like a factory paint job. the color is 'diamond graphite metallic' from the 04+ infiniti G35 coupe. I got the color code from the dealer and brought it to them.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Trial User

Heres one more

^ There was minimal dirt in the paint, no overspray, and minimal orangepeel^

Modified by twelvesorbetter at 6:19 AM 3/21/2006
Old 03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____ (negtegra.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by negtegra. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not hating on MAACO but you can definitely see "Orange Peel" on the paint a clear sign of either lack of or poor color sanding. As someone stated earlier and as something I stand by is you get what you pay for, and for $500 you'll get a decent paint job that won't hold a candle to M.O.B. Works'. </TD></TR></TABLE>

there is no way in hell you can compare my paint job to MOB Works or any of these great shops. for the most part this paint job has exceeded my expectations from maaco. i know i'm not gonna win teh mad tite jdm yo ride award, but hey i'm happy with it
Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=twelvesorbetter]As everyone knows.. or should know.. all maacos are independently owned and operated. some are good..and some are just horrible.[QUOTE]

Not only are Maacos all independently owned and operated, but keep in mind that painting a car is similar to being an "artist" in that it depends on WHO exactly does it. One guy at the shop may be a pro, while the other may be a novice, ya know?? I had a beautiful re-paint job done with a really difficult flip-flop color at a local body shop- the match was 110%, but then when I brought them another car a few years later, when they must've hired new workers, the results weren't nearly as impressive. But we have two more cars going through this Hamden, CT Maaco, so I'll let ya know if they are consistent.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:01 PM

i wonder if ther is a MAACO in canada??
Old 03-20-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Re: (SpoonKid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonKid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder if ther is a MAACO in canada??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Youre kidding me right? I'm from Canada, London Ontario to be more specific, one of the smallest cities in south western ontario of only 400,000 people compared to toronto, hamilton and missisauga where combined you have a few million, there are maaco places everywhere.

Anyway, stay tuned guys, I get my car back from them on friday and the first thing I will do is take some pics.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:27 AM
CALM_AS_A_BOMB

Default Re: (Xgen)

Keep it up guys this thread is great
Old 03-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CALM_AS_A_BOMB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonKid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder if ther is a MAACO in canada??</TD></TR></TABLE>

theres one in oshawa and it has like 250000 people there everywher man pull out the yellow pages
Old 03-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Santys EK)

I see a lot of people considering 400/500 dollar paint jobs at maaco from this thread. You really should understand-

You arent going to anything quality from MAACO for under 1000 bucks. The only paint job that is base/clear is the SIGNATURE series and that costs $899 without prep. Now, all MAACO's like to wheel and deal, so youll probably pay less... but thats the paint job you want to shoot for. the Ambassador paint job and the 'supreme' are garbage. all the will do is tape and shoot and the paint has no clearcoat.
I blame cheap people more than MAACO for the bad paint jobs. if you are very specific with them about what you want and are willing to pay 1000 or more, youll get a nice paint job out of them. I have always taken my beater cars/daily drivers there for paint jobs and ive been satisfied every time. I see a lot of commentary in this thread from people stating 'what they have heard' I speak from experience, having no less than 5 cars painted there over the years.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:28 AM
CALM_AS_A_BOMB

Default Re: (twelvesorbetter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twelvesorbetter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I see a lot of people considering 400/500 dollar paint jobs at maaco from this thread. You really should understand-

You arent going to anything quality from MAACO for under 1000 bucks. The only paint job that is base/clear is the SIGNATURE series and that costs $899 without prep. Now, all MAACO's like to wheel and deal, so youll probably pay less... but thats the paint job you want to shoot for. the Ambassador paint job and the 'supreme' are garbage. all the will do is tape and shoot and the paint has no clearcoat.
I blame cheap people more than MAACO for the bad paint jobs. if you are very specific with them about what you want and are willing to pay 1000 or more, youll get a nice paint job out of them. I have always taken my beater cars/daily drivers there for paint jobs and ive been satisfied every time. I see a lot of commentary in this thread from people stating 'what they have heard' I speak from experience, having no less than 5 cars painted there over the years. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the input that wa really helpfull, but 1000 or more for a paint job at MAACO is hitting the overflow for people's budgets. In anycase if you can post your pics of cars u have gotten painted from there and how much prep and how much it cost you that would be beneficial to this entire thread.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its just like twelvesorbetter said, many of the maaco's will wheel and deal and you can get a good paint job for a good price. my paint job was their signature series and they gave me a an awesome price because i was active duty military
Old 03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CALM_AS_A_BOMB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the input that wa really helpfull, but 1000 or more for a paint job at MAACO is hitting the overflow for people's budgets. In anycase if you can post your pics of cars u have gotten painted from there and how much prep and how much it cost you that would be beneficial to this entire thread.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok... for $1000 they fixed some dingss, including a good size dent in my trunk, they also prepped the car and then painted it - in its entirety, including door jambs, the inside of the trunk, and the radiator support. They filled the H emblem and etc, and they also installed the front and rear lip as well as the rear spoiler. If you want to have an entire vehicle painted including door jambs, trunk, etc. expect to pay ballpark 800-1000 dollars. Keep in mind, at any other body shop youd pay $3000 for this.

If 1000 is out of your budget for painting a car... then you cant be expecting a high quality of work- bottom line.

MAACO will do a good job, but it will cost you more money.
I get the feel from them that they work within peoples expectations. If you go in there looking for cheap work, they will do it- and if you go in there with higher expectations and are willing to pay a reasonable amount for it- they will respond accordingly to your wants/needs.

Modified by twelvesorbetter at 7:39 PM 3/22/2006
Old 03-24-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Re: (twelvesorbetter)

^^^Very true.

I just got my car from maaco today guys, and let me say, for $400 you cannot go wrong, sure when you look really close and to the light you see imperfections, but nothing major, for the money it is well worth it, I mean you cant expect a show finish from them, and if youre building a show car then you shouldnt be using maaco to begin with... I will have pictures tomorrow, the car looks good with no runs, some small streaks, but like I said its a $400 paint job.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there's some decent maaco paint jobs in here
Old 03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
CALM_AS_A_BOMB

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xgen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^Very true.

I just got my car from maaco today guys, and let me say, for $400 you cannot go wrong, sure when you look really close and to the light you see imperfections, but nothing major, for the money it is well worth it, I mean you cant expect a show finish from them, and if youre building a show car then you shouldnt be using maaco to begin with... I will have pictures tomorrow, the car looks good with no runs, some small streaks, but like I said its a $400 paint job.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics !Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics !Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics !Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics !
Old 03-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Trial User

i said it before, ill say it again- nothing good is going to come out of maaco for 400 dollars.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 PM

Well, here are some shitty pics, I will have better and more detailed pics up soon. not too many imperfections, pretty good for $400 bux.

Quick Reply: ____OFFICIAL MAACO paint job thread_____