Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread!::..

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Miko EG1)

I guarantee you that the uk del sols didn't come with the fillers.(I say this knowing tons of people in the uk with del sols, as an avid member of the uk del sol forum, and as someone that has traveled to the uk and worked on several uk del sols).

There's a large amount of jdm del sols in the uk, which explains why you're seeing them on ebay.co.uk.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTERIOR - STEERING WHEEL (Miko EG1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Miko EG1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Here's one I doubt you've seen. Ever throw on a Mugen, Momo or JDM wheel and sit there looking at your SRS cable reel, wondering how the hell to get your horm to work? I picked up an EDM Combination Switch that comes with a Horn Prong (check the arrow, top pic) just like you're used to seeing on EF's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You did'nt need that to make the horn work.... just use a paper clip to simulate the prong. Trust me I know:
Old 02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Del Sol Allstars No.13, Burbank, California, Untied States
Default INTERIOR - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROLS

There has been some debate on which countries this option was actually available (maybe you have some input on this one for us SAXMAN) but nonetheless, here's the Climate COntrols (with Celcius indexing):

Old 02-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTERIOR - STEERING WHEEL (revvin9k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by revvin9k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You did'nt need that to make the horn work.... just use a paper clip to simulate the prong. Trust me I know: </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's almost the same thing I did initially but I used a brass peice I found laying around and made a prong out of it. I eventually got the EDM Combo switch just to make it all OEM. Good tip though...would never have though of using a paper clip.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (saxman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guarantee you that the uk del sols didn't come with the fillers.(I say this knowing tons of people in the uk with del sols, as an avid member of the uk del sol forum, and as someone that has traveled to the uk and worked on several uk del sols).

There's a large amount of jdm del sols in the uk, which explains why you're seeing them on ebay.co.uk.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not going to argue with you about it. It's not a matter of who is right or wrong - the whole point of the post was to illustrate it is not a USDM option. I think we can both agree about that.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTERIOR - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROLS (Miko EG1)

As far as I'm aware, it's only a jdm thing(wasn't available in the uk, obviously wasn't available here, pretty sure it wasn't available in Australia or mainland europe).

There's one other part to it in the cabin that most people wouldn't notice. Ever notice in the rear bins, behind the seats(i believe on our driver side), there is what looks like a little grill covering about 1 square inch? In the jdm sols with the climate control, there's actually a small fan, with a sensor that sits behind there for taking temp readings for balancing the temp with the climate control. They have a tendancy with old age to dry up and need lubrication, producing a very common buzz affectionatly known as the angry bee.

Let me see if I can find some photos and show you some interesting other stuff not included here yet.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: INTERIOR - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROLS (saxman)

where can i find those gauge cluster with 8200 redline and the speedometer in MPH? I NEED THAT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lets see... other good stuff

oem edm lip kit(front lip, sideskirts, rear lip)

msdesign makes a very similar lip kit... much cheaper that the oem unit

other cool jdm options(sadly not standard features... and not that common)

lsd in the SiR's
TCS(traction control system) in the SiR's(which really makes chipping the ecu a huge pain the ***, as the tcs uses an external eprom chip where one would socket the ecu)

Lets see... on the edm light stalks that you showed, there is a different light shown for the aux lights. The first one, turns on what's known as the side lights. Basically, a small, low output light in the headlights meant mainly to illuminate the headlights for increased visibility of the car. The jdm and edm headlights both have this.

Interesting side note, the edm headlights are shaped like the us ones(in that they're two pieces), but are actually made from glass, and not plastic like the crap we have.

Modified by saxman at 8:06 PM 2/6/2006
Old 02-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One thing I never see mentioned is the Australian market.

In Australia, the del sol was only offered with the DOHC VTEC motor. Oddly, even the obd1 cars recieved the b16a2 instead of the b16a3 that came in the DOHC USDM and EDM obd1 cars.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nicely done miko!

appreciate the del sol 101.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:22 PM

thank you professor Miko (and saxman) for droppin' the Del Sol info on us.

although i was aware the rear fog had to be on the same side as the driver, i just didn't like it being on the left side...oh well, maybe more motivation for a RHD conversion?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOLtrain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLtrain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nicely done miko!

appreciate the del sol 101.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do it all...for the ladies. I know I know, I'm lame. Hey, you should thank SAXMAN too - tons of great input.

Hey anyone have a clearer pic of this light switch...?

Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default INTERIOR - ACCESSORY FOG LIGHT SWITCH

Pretty self-explanitory:

Old 02-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't have a clear picture of it handy, but I can tell you what it is.

It's a headlight aiming switch from the edm cars. Basically, you put it to a certain number depending on the driving situation(I believe 0 is just a driver in the car, 1 is driver and passenger, 2 is driver and a trunk full of luggage, and 3 is driver and passenger with luggage)... may have 1 and 2 reversed though.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 PM

One question for you. Where would one go to get that antenna piece? My stock one is broken and nasty....

Also, how does that rear fog thingy light up? Does it go on with the fogs?

Great post man, very informative and detailed. Nice job.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EXTERIOR - EMBLEMS

I know you've all seen the CR-X del sol, SiR, VTi and VXi emblems but maybe not these. Top two are the Civic CRX ESi and the bottom, the German CRX ESi (the small del sol emblem by the trunk keyhole is also located on the sides of the car by the side markers).

Old 02-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BrianDelSol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrianDelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One question for you. Where would one go to get that antenna piece? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Alot of people have been asking about this part. I've only seen it for sale once. Here's the full pic - if someone can make out the part number and get ahold of some, you could probably sell one to most everyone looking at this thread (just save one for me too).

Old 02-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BrianDelSol)

Honestly, I haven't seent he little jdm attenna before, although there will be some issues mixing jdm and other market stereo equiptment due to different frequencies being used. I know the people in the uk with jdm cars have issues getting reception with the jdm attennas(after sorting out the issues with the headunits to make them recieve at all).

For the rear fog, there's an independent switch for it. They aren't supposed to come on with the fog lights.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another jdm option I forgot to mention is the heated mirrors. Does a great job of clearing the dew and such from the mirror.

I noticed you mentioned in another thread folding mirrors. You sure those were available for the sol from the factory? I can't say I've ever seen them turn up on even the most optioned sir's in the uk.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the jdm del sol SiR's also had the heated seats option. the buttons were placed in the center console on the rear bins
Old 02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I noticed you mentioned in another thread folding mirrors. You sure those were available for the sol from the factory? I can't say I've ever seen them turn up on even the most optioned sir's in the uk.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes they are a factory option I know at least in Japan. I had an Japanese accessory insert to the EG1/EG2 catalog and scanned most of it but must have missed that particular pic (so I didn't post it here). It listed the folding mirrors with the switch as well (mirror with the zig zag through it). Wish I had that pic. RARE-EG2 had a look at it before I sold it. A lesson to you all - SCAN EVERYTHING!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Out of every

omg you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

the jdm antenna for the del sol looks excactly like an s2000 antenna. i havent tried to fit it on but i know that it looks like it would. i know you guys want rarity but hey if it looks like it why not . i am sure as hell going to try it
Old 02-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EXTERIOR - VIN BADGES

Almost forgot - EG2 and EG1 JDM VIN badges:

Old 02-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EXTERIOR - VIN BADGES (Miko EG1)

got one of those
Old 02-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: EXTERIOR - VIN BADGES (Miko EG1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Miko EG1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Almost forgot - EG2 and EG1 JDM VIN badges:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, that's my EG1 VIN badge. LOL.

Part number for the antenna looks like 39761-S2H-J01

Quick Reply: ..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread!::..