Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (B18C5-EH2)

Okay sorry I can't resist one more post - I'm on a roll.

So anyways remember those pics of the crusty-*** engine I posted above?

Well I lied about rebuilding it, in fact, I simply added a few bottles of Seafoam to it and check out the results!

Before Seafoam:

After Seafoam y0!

Notice how clean those cylinder walls are now that all of that carbon build-up has been magically Seafoam'd away! And an added bonus was that somehow, magically of course, the Seafoam added over 8cc of piston dome to raise my CR from 9.2:1 up to 11:1CR after adding a metal D16Y8 head gasket too!

Also noteworthy is that the Seafoam magically removed and dissambled and reassmbled and reinstalled my engine too! All I did was have to pour the **** into my intake manifold via my open throttle body while holding the engine at 7000rpm!!!

I'm sorry for slamming Seafoam - I just didn't want everyone to have my little secret! Now everyone can have a full engine rebuild with better parts in a can! It's called Seafoam!

(If you're not too bright please insert the sarcasm tags for this entire post, thanks.)

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 6:58 PM 1/26/2006
Old 01-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (B18C5-EH2)

haha nothing like some solid pictures as evidence...
Old 01-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(If you're not too bright please insert the sarcasm tags for this entire post, thanks.)]</TD></TR></TABLE>

All that effort, and he doesn't even want to play anymore. After the sidewall stuff, I was really hoping for something even better to spew out in his defense

Old 01-26-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (AutoXer)

bump for an OP response...
Old 01-26-2006, 09:06 PM

good write up. helpful!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude are stupid. piston rings expand as we all know. if carbon is packed hard against the side wall, what is going to stop the piston ring from knowing that the sidewall isnt just slightly smaller, therefore keeping the ring always slightly less expanded, which wouldnt mean it is scraping it away. if im wrong, tell me why
.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bingo you stupid motherfuucker, I KNEW you'd say that!

How the fuuck does carbon build up on cylinder walls? Do you not understand the concept of pistons with rings, specifically the SCRAPER ring?

IT IS 100% IMPOSSIBLE FOR CARBON TO BUILD UP ON YOUR CYLINDER WALLS!

It is only possible for the slightest amount of carbon to be on the very edges of the cylinders up top near the cylinder head's combustion chambers.

So that just proves my point that you're a label-reading dumbass who has this ricer "my car's soooo much faster after this lame mod/mechanic in a bottle treatment!"

It is soooo ironic and funny that you, the dumbass, are trying to make me feel stupid by acting as though it's a matter of fact that carbon can build up on the cylinder walls which are scraped clean thousands of times an hour! I mean I set the trap and you took the bait EXACTLY how I thought you would! This **** is classic!!!

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 4:09 PM 1/26/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

Modified by drumminforev at 10:29 PM 1/26/2006

Modified by drumminforev at 10:41 PM 1/26/2006
Old 01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
Quoted for sheer comedic value given that 4mm worth of carbon on a cylinder wall would literally seize the engine completely if it were even physically possible, which again it isn't as evidenced by proof in pictures, not dumbfuuck ricer "logic."

Do you have any clue how thick 4mm is dude? I'll put 4mm into perspective. If you want to overbore a B-Series engine block 4mm over stock bore you need to RESLEEVE the fuucking block! That means that 4mm is a lot for cylinder walls, in fact, I'd be willing to bet that the cylinder sleeves themselves are not much thicker than 4mm to begin with!

You're spreading misinformation on a tech site, and as you may already have noticed I cannot fuucking stand that ****. Is any of this sinking into your thick skull?

Stop posting your stupid theories of why the Seafoam is so awesome, especially given that your car started burning fuucktons of oil and smoking constantly only AFTER you used Seafoam!

BTW:

Do you happen to work at Auto Zone?
First, i was stating a random number to make a point, 4mm, how the expletive would i know, 0.5mm, thats more relevant, now stop bitching.

I have used seafoam in many cars and none burn oil because of it. Does that make sense to you. MY car specifically burns oil, it could be for ANY fucckin reason, i have only owned it for 2 months. You talk **** without knowing ****.

I dont care about any of the bull **** you are saying. Regarless of whether carbon is on your sidewalls, upper cylinder, wtf does it matter. Its not supposed to be there, and seafoam helps get rid of it. YOU PROVED THAT SEAFOAM WILL IN FACT REMOVE CARBON. CARBON ON TOP OF YOUR PISTON, SEAFOAM COMING IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH IT. SEAFOAMING REMOVING IT.

I will not change any big of info in my thread because i know for a fact every car that has used seafoam has either
1. become noticable faster
2. completely smoothed and lowered rough idles
or
3. increase gas efficiency.

Mr smart man know everything about all cars, why dont you help me fix my oil consuption problem then since you like to clarify everything. Why dont you tell us all if seafoam can REALLY cause blow by other than by removing carbon seals. Please do so.

Modified by drumminforev at 10:38 PM 1/26/2006
Old 01-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (drumminforev)

Lastly, i never said that seafoam is "A MECHANIC IN A CAN". But why shouldnt it be? You add oil to your car i hope. It comes in a can/bottle. The right kind will make your car run a hell of a lot better than with shitty Coastal oil. Sounds like mechanic in a can to me.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (drumminforev)

if you are gonna continue to post inaccurate crap on here you may want to invest in one of these

YOU SIR ARE AN IDIOT !!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:18 PM

man, this is classic, flame suit FTW!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You're kidding yourself if you don't think most shops know what Seafoam is. This isn't some new technology that you just stumbled across. I've been using it for almost 8 years now and my dad has been using it longer than that.

I'll also guarantee you that you're using the butt dyno to "prove" that you gained HP. If you did, it was minimal and you can't feel it. You're going on a placebo effect.

You need to change the oil after you do this. I didn't see you mention that anywhere. </TD></TR></TABLE>

spark plugs too. isnce they will get all fouled up when you bone out all over the place.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by drumminforev
First, i was stating a random number to make a point, 4mm, how the expletive would i know, 0.5mm, thats more relevant, now stop bitching.
So you admit you have no idea what the expletive you're talking about. Cool, just clarifying.

I have used seafoam in many cars and none burn oil because of it. Does that make sense to you. MY car specifically burns oil, it could be for ANY fucckin reason, i have only owned it for 2 months. You talk **** without knowing ****.
That's great. Nobody is talking about that. We're all talking about you making claims that this is some magic in a bottle, when it's not.

I dont care about any of the bull **** you are saying. Regarless of whether carbon is on your sidewalls, upper cylinder, wtf does it matter. Its not supposed to be there, and seafoam helps get rid of it. YOU PROVED THAT SEAFOAM WILL IN FACT REMOVE CARBON. CARBON ON TOP OF YOUR PISTON, SEAFOAM COMING IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH IT. SEAFOAMING REMOVING IT.
Jesus H. Christ. Those parts have been through a parts washer. If you'd been around long enough to remember it, you might have sensed the sarcasm. How in the hell is seafoam supossed to clean a motor up like that? I like how it cross etched the cylinder walls for him agian. I really need to go get some more cans of this stuff!

I will not change any big of info in my thread because i know for a fact every car that has used seafoam has either
1. become noticable faster
2. completely smoothed and lowered rough idles
or
3. increase gas efficiency.
1. No they didn't.
2. Maybe, but it didn't happen to me.
3. Maybe, but it didn't happen to me.

And I can change your thread. I can lock your thread, I can delete your thread. I can do whatever the hell I want with it, but I'm enjoying watching you try to backpedal when people with real knowledge other than some claim about "OH snap mang my B16 swizzaped hatch runs the 1/4 mile 2 secunds fasta afta this!" come in to clean shop.

Mr smart man know everything about all cars, why dont you help me fix my oil consuption problem then since you like to clarify everything. Why dont you tell us all if seafoam can REALLY cause blow by other than by removing carbon seals. Please do so.
He's a great mechanic. Agian, I know you're new around here, but this guy built this damn forum. Take a look at some of his writeups.

Here's an axle replacement tutorial he wrote. Pretty thorough huh?
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=382416
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1320931
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=364783

Here's the car he built.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=390553

Guess what, he's come in here and let you prove to everyone that you don't know a damn thing. I'm tired of know nothing ******** like yourself coming in here making claims with nothing to back them up.

I'm sure B18C5-EH2s response to this will be even better than mine.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumminforev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lastly, i never said that seafoam is "A MECHANIC IN A CAN". But why shouldnt it be? You add oil to your car i hope. It comes in a can/bottle. The right kind will make your car run a hell of a lot better than with shitty Coastal oil. Sounds like mechanic in a can to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I doubt that you would a difference in how the car runs if you used Coastal Oil.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:57 AM
Former Moderator

dude are stupid. piston rings expand as we all know. if carbon is packed hard against the side wall, what is going to stop the piston ring from knowing that the sidewall isnt just slightly smaller, therefore keeping the ring always slightly less expanded, which wouldnt mean it is scraping it away. if im wrong, tell me why
My god bro you really are that stupid, aren't you?

Did you not see those pics I posted of that old oil burning engine? Do you not see that even though the piston tops have some carbon on them (which is not harmful in the least bit dumbass) the cylinder walls were still 100% CARBON FREE because the piston rings scrape away anything that sits on the cylinder walls?

You are acting like carbon is diamond-tough, and it's not. How can you be so stupid as to not understand that the piston walls are scraped clean with every stroke of the piston in each cylinder, and that means they are scraped clean thousands of times every minute. you see that RPM gauge? That means

Revolutions
Per
Minute

That means that if you're cruising down the highway at say, 60mph for an hour and the engine speed is 4000rpm your cylinder walls were scraped clean about 240,000 times!

How would carbon ever build up on the cylinder walls?

Uh oh! What's this coming? More bullshit? Here we go again!

Originally Posted by drumminfuuckingmoron
0.5mm? Are you still brain dead, or what?

Let me put 0.5mm in perspective for you since you're obviously a dumbass who cannot grasp a simple concept such as carbon cannot build-up on cylinder walls.

Honda makes OVERSIZED PISTONS IN .5MM OVER!!!

We're talking an actual cylinder bore and rehone to install 0.5mm oversized pistons you dumbshit! So you're telling me that piston rings can contract to allow .5mm of carbon build-up? You really are a retard man!

Originally Posted by drummindumbassricer
YOU PROVED THAT SEAFOAM WILL IN FACT REMOVE CARBON. CARBON ON TOP OF YOUR PISTON, SEAFOAM COMING IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH IT. SEAFOAMING REMOVING IT.
Exactly how did I prove that Seafoam cleans carbon from piston tops?

Do you not realize the pics I posted were extremely sarcastic in nature, and if anything goes more towards the point of view that NOTHING IN A BOTTLE CAN SUBSTITUTE AN ACTUAL TEARDOWN, HOT TANK CLEANING, AND REASSEMBLY WITH BRAND NEW PARTS!!!!

Here's what got my cylinder head so clean:

That's a $4,000.00 pressurized, hot solution filled parts cleaning cabinet.

And my piston tops? Seriously I cannot believe anyone could not tell the difference between a stock A6 piston and it's -1.3 DISHED piston dome when compared to the P29 pistons I installed with their +7.2cc RAISED DOME!!!

You must have read the post, because you saw enough to actually think I used Seafoam, but how in the hell could you ever think Seafoam actually added more piston dome to raise CR?!?!?

Did you not read the sarcasm I typed when I said Seafoam magically rmoved and dissassembled, then cleaned and reassembled and reinstalled my engine? I mean how much more thickly can I lay on sarcasm before people like you understand it?

My feelings are actually hurt because apparently I wasted my time trying to be sarcastic because you were too stupid to pick up on it.

Originally Posted by drumminretard
Did you even read my replies to your other topic? You must have missed where I posted this:

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2 Mr Smartguy
I have never and never will pour any bullshit oil additives into my engines in any of my cars.
Why?

Because if a Honda engine is taken care of with regular oil changes and maintenance as it should be you will never need any "seal conditioners" or any "removes carbon build-up" bullshit because I have personally seen plenty of 300,000+Civic, Integra, and Accord engines with zero oil smoke and very, very minimal oil usage between oil changes without having ever had additives ran through them.

My B18C5 uses a bit of oil (about 1 quart) between oil changes, and rather than risk any damage from some snake oil in a can I'll just add my 1 quart and if it gets worse I'll do things the right way and rebuild with a nice bore+hone, new pistons, rings, wrist pins, bearings, gaskets, valvestem seals, exhaust valve guides, etc. etc.

Those who have already said there's no such thing as "mechanic in a can" hit the nail on the head.

Sounds to me like you need to pull the head off and have the exhaust valve guides replaced and a complete valvejob with valvestem seals. The reason I say exhaust valve guides is from my shop's experience most every B series head we send to the machine shop requires them because of wear.

I say start with the head because it probably needs the work any ways, and it's easier and cheaper to rebuild the head rather than rebuilding the bottom end.

After rebuilding the head if the engine still smokes then you can be 100% sure you need to rebuild the bottom end.

"But I can't afford that!"

Well I feel sorry for you for real man, but if you're going to be into the engine swapping and hard driving stuff you also need to keep some spare cash tucked away for "incidentals" if you know what I mean.

BTW, last question:

WHY DID YOU EVEN USE SEAFAOM TO BEGIN WITH?
See my bolded text that is also in italics? Yeah that's me offering up the only solution to trace the root of your oil consumption and actually fix it, but that requires intellegence and the ability to follow simple instructions in a shop repair manual - you are obviously not equipped to handle tools or anything requiring measuements since you actually think carbon can build up on cylinder walls enough to either be as thick as the cylinder's sleeves themselves or as thick as the difference between a stock Honda piston and their largest oversized piston offered.

You got anything else for me here guy?

Originally Posted by drumminfuucktard
Regarless of whether carbon is on your sidewalls, upper cylinder, wtf does it matter. Its not supposed to be there, and seafoam helps get rid of it.
Let me explain something to you about carbon build-up.

It is a fact of life that normal engines will have an allowable margin of carbon build-up in places like exhaust ports and exhaust valves. This is exactly why you do not even waste your time getting exhaust ports perfectly smooth when you port and polish a cylinder head, because we know carbon will build up there under normal circumstances.

If your engine has excessive carbon deposits built up then you have a problem - period. Seafoam ***may*** clean the carbon, but it will certainly not fix your underlying problem that allowed the carbon build-up to get so excessive in the first place.

Now I can list some actual THEORETCAL benefits from using a product such as Seafoam, but it's certainly not removing non-existant carbon from cylinder walls.

If your engine's PCV system is not right your intake can get a sludgy oily film in the intake runners. I guess aside from the insides of the intake not being "pretty" you could really stretch and say it may hinder performance too. Seafoam could very well clean that stuff out.

Now that also means that you still have an underlying problem, and the PCV system gets gunked up due to oil blow-by, which means ideally you need either another engine that doesn't burn oil, or you need a teardown and rebuild with new parts.

...then again when you see all that smoke and nasty **** burning out through your exhaust don't you think the catalytic convertor and oxygen sensors can be damaged? I mean I've seen plenty of fuel system treatments that say "o2 sensor safe!" but within a few days of usage the oxygen sensors start throwing check engine lights, and the o2 sensors had to be replaced to correct this.

If you follow the directions correctly then in theory Seafoam could clean your injectors - possibly.

Now in terms of seals being conditioned, etc. I cannot understand how a product could be so harsh as to break carbon down, yet be gentle enough to actually condition rubber seals.

Does anyone else see the fault in this logic?

Now there is a company called BG that sells some of the better oil, fuel, and induction system treatments, but they are all SEPARATE from each other and not some miracle "one treatment cures all" stuff like Seafoam.

Am I saying Seafoam is a shitty product and will damage your engine?

NO.

What I am saying is that Seafoam will not be that miracle in a bottle that gives you some huge whp boost that you can definately feel from the driver's seat like you're claiming it does.

Cliff notes:

drumminforev is a moron.

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 9:28 AM 1/27/2006

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 9:38 AM 1/27/2006
Old 01-27-2006, 04:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumminforev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude are stupid. piston rings expand as we all know. if carbon is packed hard against the side wall, what is going to stop the piston ring from knowing that the sidewall isnt just slightly smaller, therefore keeping the ring always slightly less expanded, which wouldnt mean it is scraping it away. if im wrong, tell me why

Modified by drumminforev at 10:29 PM 1/26/2006

Modified by drumminforev at 10:41 PM 1/26/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

FYI. Piston rings are split for installation purposes. They are gaped to minimize ring gap, once they reach operating temps and have fully expanded. So if the rings were gapped properly, there will be no signfificant room for much of anything, much less .5mm of carbon which is .020". Piston to bore tolerance are on the order of thousands once at temp. As for the rings you are probably talking on the order of 10,000ths or 100,000ths of an inch. For reference, the plastic wrap on a pack of smokes is around 3 to 5 thousands thick. We are talking a gap 10 to 100+ less than that thickness.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

B18c5, i got the fuccking sarcasm, no **** like seafoam can dome your piston out...wtf when did i even say that.

Also, i havent studied cars for 10 years of my life and know them inside and out. So carbon cant build up on the sidewalls, now i know.

Why would seafoam be any more harsh on rubber seals than gasoline or the detergents in all oils. Since there is no carbon on the sidewalls, the shows that seafoam can not be the cause of my rings not gapping properly, because it would have no affect on them at all.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (BryanPendleton)

BTW:

I just wanted to emphasize the point I'm trying to make about how one fluid can be so abrasive and harsh as to break carbon down, yet is effective in conditioning seals.

Since this guy was not following directions and failed to change his oil right after using Seafoam it is totally plausible that he did more DAMAGE than good by using this stuff incorrectly. The Seafoam dilutes the oil and in effect reduces the ability of that oil to properly lubricate the moving parts in the engine. Driving for any period of time with this diluted oil cannot do anything but harm the engine, not help it.

Is it a mere coincidence that his engine began using large amounts of oil only AFTER using Seafoam?

The bottom line in all of this is that the only way to even try to prove the benifits of Seafoam would be to take a car to a dyno and dyno before the Seafoam, then after the Seafoam (of course with an oil change prior to running the car hard on the dyno) and then waiting a few weeks and redynoing it to see if the hp was a result of a temporary boost in octane rather than actual cleaning of internal parts to improve performance.

It's also important to note that both pulls should be done with new spark plugs.

Why?

Well I'd never run the same spark plugs I ran while doing any Seafoam treatment, and if you only added new plugs after the Seafoam how do you know that any extra power made was actually a result of the Seafoam as oppsoed to the plugs themselves?

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 10:10 AM 1/27/2006
Old 01-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW:

I just wanted to emphasize the point I'm trying to make about how one fluid can be so abrasive and harsh as to break carbon down, yet is effective in conditioning seals.

Since this guy was not following directions and failed to change his oil right after using Seafoam it is totally plausible that he did more DAMGE than good by using this stuff incorrectly.

Is it a mere coincidence that his engine began using large amounts of oil only AFTER using Seafoam?

The bottom line in all of this is that the only way to even try to prove the benifits of Seafoam would be to take a car to a dyno and dyno before the Seafoam, then after the Seafoam (of course with an oil change prior to running the car hard on the dyno) and then waiting a few weeks and redynoing it to see if the hp was a result of a temporary boost in octane rather than actual cleaning of internal parts to improve performance.

It's also important to note that both pulls should be done with new spark plugs.

Why?

Well I'd never run the same spark plugs I ran while doing any Seafoam treatment, and if you only added new plugs after the Seafoam how do you know that any extra power made was actually a result of the Seafoam as oppsoed to the plugs themselves?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is no evidence suggesting that seafoam is the cause. My oil consumption has worsened over time, but i have also driven my car a lot harder than when i first bought it, and i because using seafoam almost immediately after i got this car.

How exactly could seafoam damage a cars seals from passing into the crankcase and driving. It lowers the viscosity rating and no longer lubricates, thats what im hearing, correct.

Modified by drumminforev at 7:19 AM 1/27/2006
Old 01-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you admit you have no idea what the expletive you're talking about. Cool, just clarifying.

That's great. Nobody is talking about that. We're all talking about you making claims that this is some magic in a bottle, when it's not.

Jesus H. Christ. Those parts have been through a parts washer. If you'd been around long enough to remember it, you might have sensed the sarcasm. How in the hell is seafoam supossed to clean a motor up like that? I like how it cross etched the cylinder walls for him agian. I really need to go get some more cans of this stuff!

1. No they didn't.
2. Maybe, but it didn't happen to me.
3. Maybe, but it didn't happen to me.

And I can change your thread. I can lock your thread, I can delete your thread. I can do whatever the hell I want with it, but I'm enjoying watching you try to backpedal when people with real knowledge other than some claim about "OH snap mang my B16 swizzaped hatch runs the 1/4 mile 2 secunds fasta afta this!" come in to clean shop.

He's a great mechanic. Agian, I know you're new around here, but this guy built this damn forum. Take a look at some of his writeups.

Here's an axle replacement tutorial he wrote. Pretty thorough huh?
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=382416
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1320931
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=364783

Here's the car he built.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=390553

Guess what, he's come in here and let you prove to everyone that you don't know a damn thing. I'm tired of know nothing ******** like yourself coming in here making claims with nothing to back them up.

I'm sure B18C5-EH2s response to this will be even better than mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

2 seconds faster in the quater? WTF thats a hell of a lot more than noticably faster, even being exaggerated. But i still dont know how you can tell me that they arent noticably faster. Maybe your car is in perfect shape, and you wouldnt feel the benefits.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam (urnotfast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by urnotfast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you are gonna continue to post inaccurate crap on here you may want to invest in one of these

YOU SIR ARE AN IDIOT !!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

What is inaccurate about it. In depth info on how to use seafoam properly along with the benefits you may receive depending on your cars condition.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:38 AM
Former Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumminforev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
How exactly could seafoam damage a cars seals from passing into the crankcase and driving. It lowers the viscosity rating and then what. I dont see the relation to blow by.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well at least it's a somewhat slow day here at work so I can take the time and reply to you.

Okay first of all the seals I'm speaking of are in the top end, such as valvestem seals. Obviously if you pour the Seafoam into the oil fill hole that Seafoam will mix with the oil, and every moving part and all seals will be exposed to it, right?

Well how does one fluid claim to be corrosive/harsh enough to break down carbon, yet is safe for rubber seals? Think about that.

If you don't see the relationship between diluting your oil and the possiblity of damaging the moving parts in the engine by driving with diluted oil then I cannot explain anything to you; nor can anyone else. That is common sense that by driving with thinned-out oil you can easily damage things such as piston rings, cylinder walls, bearings, crankshaft, camshaft, rocker assemblies, etc.etc

BTW:

You never even mentioned changing your oil after doing the Seafoam. It was only AFTER it was pointed out to you that it could be very bad to drive with that diluted oil that your topic was miagically edited to include that very important update.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:42 AM

I hear if you put Jagermeister in your gas tank Marty McFly will come out of no where, and you'll be able to travel in time.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fooled again!
Old 01-27-2006, 06:44 AM

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">B18c5-

Great pics man! Never seen before after pics that exemplify how good seafoam is like that

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you being serious?
Old 01-27-2006, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

doh

Quick Reply: GUARANTEED way to increase your horsepower in 10 minutes!... Seafoam