Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

rough idle and wobbling while driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough idle and wobbling while driving

Well, about a month or so ago I bought a 97 Accord LX V6. When the car is running and just idling, whether it's in park, neutral, or drive with my foot on the break, it idles a little rough. It's like the car shakes like 3 times, stops for about a 2 seconds, and repeats, and it just constantly does that as long as I'm not moving. I have no idea what it would be and I don't have any money to take it to a shop. Would it be spark plugs or anything of that sort?

Also, when I'm driving the car wobbles, feels like it's coming from the front passenger side wheel. It does it while I'm accelerating and braking. Any suggestions?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:42 PM
0x5359-0055

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: rough idle and wobbling while driving (defaced8)

What RPM's does your car idle at? If it's to low it will cause the shuddering while you sit still.

As far as the wobble while you drive, you probably lost the weight on your pass. side tire and need to have it re-balanced
Old 11-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rough idle and wobbling while driving (Vt4cPwn35)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vt4cPwn35 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What RPM's does your car idle at? If it's to low it will cause the shuddering while you sit still.

As far as the wobble while you drive, you probably lost the weight on your pass. side tire and need to have it re-balanced</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm pretty sure it idles right at about 700 where it should be. But sometimes when I look at it really close, I can see the needle moving.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: rough idle and wobbling while driving (defaced8)

Wobbling, or as I like to call it "weebling" down the street can best be discribed as the sensation you get when the car oscilates from side to side.
It is traditionally caused by either a belt rim, or a tire (or tire(s)) which has a broken internal belt. This will sometimes show up as a defined bulge or 'dent' on the sidewall where the belt broke. It will become readily apparent on a tire machine. When spun, the tread will literally look like it shifts to one side as it rotates.

P
Old 11-10-2005, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rough idle and wobbling while driving (P_Adams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P_Adams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wobbling, or as I like to call it "weebling" down the street can best be discribed as the sensation you get when the car oscilates from side to side.
It is traditionally caused by either a belt rim, or a tire (or tire(s)) which has a broken internal belt. This will sometimes show up as a defined bulge or 'dent' on the sidewall where the belt broke. It will become readily apparent on a tire machine. When spun, the tread will literally look like it shifts to one side as it rotates.

P</TD></TR></TABLE>
Alright, thanks. I'm going to be getting new tires for the winter really soon anyway so hopefully that fixes the problem because it's getting really annoying.