Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!


Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
SHystrdyGSRtdy
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
SHystrdyGSRtdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 909, Ca, US
Posts: 4,451
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to SHystrdyGSRtdy
Default is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster?

fact or myth? any evidence of this being true if it is?
__________________
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1588533 &lt; <FONT COLOR="red">FS: Turbo Heatshield</FONT>
SHystrdyGSRtdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
jdmsiR20
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
jdmsiR20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: bay area
Posts: 5,194
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to jdmsiR20
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

Click the image to open in full size.

i heard they had an extra bone in their foot
__________________
siniGANG
jdmsiR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #3
grlracer97
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: GA
Posts: 267
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

no

edit: well let me elaborate. The answer to your question, No, they do not have more tendon but less. They have less mass in their lower legs and higher skeletal enzymes. Here is an article ... http://www.jonentine.com/revie...d.htm

So, yes they do have genetic differences that affect their ability to run, but not from extra muscle.


Modified by grlracer97 at 2:09 AM 11/2/2005


Modified by grlracer97 at 2:10 AM 11/2/2005
grlracer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #4
The Notorious Frosty
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
The Notorious Frosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: BFE, USA
Posts: 1,275
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

yes
The Notorious Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
FD3S
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
FD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 481
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

As far as i remember, anatomically, there is a negligible difference in the length of African Americans' calf muscles which is slightly longer than other races. Whether it has any difference on athletic performance is difficult to determine.
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #6
AMECustom
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: moo cow fuk milk Maryland
Posts: 799
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

Everyone knows its cus their "knee-grows" Click the image to open in full size.


Modified by AMECustom at 11:37 PM 11/1/2005
AMECustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
crazy eyez killa
Guest
Garage is empty, add now
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S



HOW DARE YOU SAY BLACK PEOPLE RUN FASTER


I AM SO OFFENDED

BAN
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #8
Ty Webb
Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Ty Webb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,041
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

this thread is going to take a turn for the worse.
guaren-******-teed.
__________________
Current: 11 Ford Edge (dog hauler), 07 300C SRT8 (people hauler)
Old: 08 BMW 535i, 05 TL, 04 STi, 02 LTuned Turbo IS300, 93.5tt Supra, etc.
Ty Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #9
The Notorious Frosty
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
The Notorious Frosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: BFE, USA
Posts: 1,275
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

You bet it is. I still like the question and first response though. It's one of those cool questions that you can say yes or no too and still not even get an answer.

The Notorious Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
Johnny.
Widow's Son
Garage is empty, add now
 
Johnny.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 4,989
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Johnny.
Default

The ability to run fast is NOT determined by the muscles in the leg. The legs can only move as fast as the arms...
__________________
Comments or Statements made using this screen name are frequently made in jest. These statements do not represent the position of any organization or entity and should not be taken as factual commentary on any topic, to include the author.
Johnny. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #11
DANGERDOOM
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
DANGERDOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sonsonate, El Salvador
Posts: 1,796
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to DANGERDOOM
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANKOSTANKO

HOW DARE YOU SAY BLACK PEOPLE RUN FASTER


I AM SO OFFENDED

BAN
he never said anything offensive, he simply asked a question about it's authenticity
__________________
EMT

carpe diem

DANGERDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #12
streetlights
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
streetlights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca
Posts: 1,454
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to streetlights
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

i think black people probably have more fast twitch muscles...we learned in human physiology that athletes are not made, they are created...for example a certain amount of your muscles are fast twitch muscles which make you a better athlete, the muscles that arent fast twitch can never be converted to fast twitch muscles by exercising or anything like that...i would assume that black people may have more fast twitch muscles mass thats why they are the most prominent race in sports such as the NBA, NFL, etc...(i think this is right but its been a year since i took human phys, i should look it up in my book though)
__________________

WANTED TO BUY
<U>23mm JDM ITR rear sway bar</U>
streetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #13
SHystrdyGSRtdy
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
SHystrdyGSRtdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 909, Ca, US
Posts: 4,451
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to SHystrdyGSRtdy
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

.......

wtf, how can this thread turn for the worst? it can only do that if you let it Click the image to open in full size. back on topic.. thanks for the article grlracer... imma read it.
__________________
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1588533 &lt; <FONT COLOR="red">FS: Turbo Heatshield</FONT>
SHystrdyGSRtdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:20 PM   #14
grlracer97
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: GA
Posts: 267
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHystrdyGSRtdy
.......

wtf, how can this thread turn for the worst? it can only do that if you let it Click the image to open in full size. back on topic.. thanks for the article grlracer... imma read it.
No problem....it's a long one but hopefully, it will explain enough for your question. Click the image to open in full size.
grlracer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
OneFire
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,015
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: is it fact or myth: black people have an extra muscle or tendon which makes them run faster? (S

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlights
i think black people probably have more fast twitch muscles...we learned in human physiology that athletes are not made, they are created...for example a certain amount of your muscles are fast twitch muscles which make you a better athlete, the muscles that arent fast twitch can never be converted to fast twitch muscles by exercising or anything like that...i would assume that black people may have more fast twitch muscles mass thats why they are the most prominent race in sports such as the NBA, NFL, etc...(i think this is right but its been a year since i took human phys, i should look it up in my book though)
Intresting...
OneFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #16
Maxime
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Maxime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 601
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default

Here is a theory.

The black race has been genetically altered by slavery. The intelligent/rebel ones were eliminated by the slave masters while the dumb/strong ones were prefered.

This might be why the black race usualy are better athletes and also have a lower average IQ.

*Put on flame suit*
__________________
Turbocharged Honda Civic SiR (2000-2009)
2009 Ford Focus SE (NOW)
Maxime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #17
Haleiwa-Brando
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Haleiwa-Brando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,911
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: (Maxime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
Here is a theory.

The black race has been genetically altered by slavery. The intelligent/rebel ones were eliminated by the slave masters while the dumb/strong ones were prefered.

This might be why the black race usualy are better athletes and also have a lower average IQ.

*Put on flame suit*
Well your definately entitled to your opinions.

Hmmmm.....where did I set that popcorn at.....
Haleiwa-Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #18
Cherchez La Ghost
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Americas Most Blunted, Ca/AZ
Posts: 473
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Cherchez La Ghost
Default Re: (Maxime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
Here is a theory.

The black race has been genetically altered by slavery. The intelligent/rebel ones were eliminated by the slave masters while the dumb/strong ones were prefered.

This might be why the black race usualy are better athletes and also have a lower average IQ.

*Put on flame suit*
the KKK has extended their memberships to Canada?

Thats the one of the most racists, ignorant and sterotypical comments that could ever come out of a white man. Click the image to open in full size.
Cherchez La Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #19
nwdave
Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
nwdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 5,262
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: (Maxime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
Here is a theory.
Are you serious?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb
His fastball looked about the size of a watermelon seed and it hissed at you as it passed.
nwdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #20
MrEG6er21
Guest
Garage is empty, add now
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: (Maxime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
Here is a theory.

The black race has been genetically altered by slavery. The intelligent/rebel ones were eliminated by the slave masters while the dumb/strong ones were prefered.

This might be why the black race usualy are better athletes and also have a lower average IQ.

*Put on flame suit*

Click the image to open in full size. H..... Snap, someone bust out , Thats racist kid.

So does that mean white men still can't jump. Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #21
SHystrdyGSRtdy
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
SHystrdyGSRtdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 909, Ca, US
Posts: 4,451
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to SHystrdyGSRtdy
Default Re: (Maxime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
Here is a theory.

The black race has been genetically altered by slavery. The intelligent/rebel ones were eliminated by the slave masters while the dumb/strong ones were prefered.

This might be why the black race usualy are better athletes and also have a lower average IQ.

*Put on flame suit*
ok... anyways... so it's fast twitch PLUS the traits grlracer posted...
__________________
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1588533 &lt; <FONT COLOR="red">FS: Turbo Heatshield</FONT>
SHystrdyGSRtdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #22
Spids5
Don't judge or question
Garage is empty, add now
 
Spids5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 7,609
iTrader Rating: (40)
Default Re: (Maxime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
Here is a theory.

The black race has been genetically altered by slavery. The intelligent/rebel ones were eliminated by the slave masters while the dumb/strong ones were prefered.

This might be why the black race usualy are better athletes and also have a lower average IQ.

*Put on flame suit*
Wow, you're an idiot. I don't think I need to say anymore.
__________________
For Sale:

Desmond RegaMaster EVO
Spids5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #23
Maxime
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Maxime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 601
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: (Lekz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekz

the KKK has extended their memberships to Canada?

Thats the one of the most racists, ignorant and sterotypical comments that could ever come out of a white man. Click the image to open in full size.
Wow! People need to relax. lol

I didnt come up with that theory. I heard it on tv from some famous psychologist.

Apparently he has some studies to back his claim.

I do not agree with hsi theory. I just thought it would be interesting to add it to the conversation. Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Turbocharged Honda Civic SiR (2000-2009)
2009 Ford Focus SE (NOW)
Maxime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:38 PM   #24
jdmsiR20
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
jdmsiR20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: bay area
Posts: 5,194
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to jdmsiR20
Default Re: (nw.dave)

ok great, its turned into a good legit thread. Click the image to open in full size.

but here, in response to your slavery theory.

i just dont think that enough time has elapsed in the history of the human black man for slavery to impact it much. if im correct, it should take at least a few hundred years for evolutional differences to show itself.

the slow twitch/fast twitch muscle theory appears very logical (watched it on discovery)... but whether or not black people do in fact have more of them i am not too sure.
__________________
siniGANG
jdmsiR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #25
Maxime
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Maxime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 601
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: (jdmsiR20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsiR20
but here, in response to your slavery theory.

i just dont think that enough time has elapsed in the history of the human black man for slavery to impact it much. if im correct, it should take at least a few hundred years for evolutional differences to show itself.
I agree.

Here is the face of the man who was the first to mention this theory on canadian national tv a few weeks ago. lol

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Turbocharged Honda Civic SiR (2000-2009)
2009 Ford Focus SE (NOW)
Maxime is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply

Tags
1990, blacks, calf, extra, fast, fibers, longer, makes, muscle, nba, person, sarich, twich, vincent, what

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:20 PM.



2008 Copyright, InternetBrands Inc.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.
Emails & Contact Details