Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 09-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
jdmspoonitr
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (1)
Default How to replace clock light in a 2002 Accord

Well it happened to two of my accords. I didnt want to bother going to the dealer to find out. I spend most of my time working on Integras so I'm unsure how to replace the bulb and remove the whole center console vent area with the clock. I'm assuming I have to unhook some wire and pop off the buttons just like the integra.

If anyone has a how-to or some tips that would be great because seeing as this happened fairly soon after I got both cars, I would have to assume that it happened to a lot of you guys too. Thanks Click the image to open in full size.
jdmspoonitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:12 AM   #2
AFAccord
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Accord

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: How to replace clock light in a 2002 Accord (jdmspoonitr)

It's a relatively simple process, and the 6th gen accords are notorious for this bulb blowing out. I don't have pictures but I will give you a general process for replacing this. You WILL NOT have to remove the climate control panel, just the clock assembly itself.

1. Use a small flat-blade screw-driver to pry the clock/hazard button assembly out of the dash panel. Wrap the screw-driver in a papertowel, tape, or a cloth to avoid scratching the plastic. This usually works best if you pry from one side then the other.

2. There is a vertical connector for the hazard switch, and a horizontal connector for the clock. Disconnect both of these and remove the clock assembly.

3. I believe there is a plastic cover on the back of this assembly. Remove it using a phillips head screw-driver. There you will see the back of the plastic bulb holder.

4. Twist the bulb holder out of the socket and replace the bulb and holder with a new one purchased from a Honda dealership.

5. Installation is the reverse of removal.

I believe this bulb runs $1.47 from the dealer, which is way too much IMO. You could buy an LED bulb conversion from http://www.ledautomotive.com/ if this becomes a continuous problem.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
qwerty1946
Trial User
Garage is empty, add now

None
Icon2 Re: How to replace clock light in a 2002 Accord

We have a similar problem on a 2002 Accord - took the light out tested on a 9 volt battery - the light works fine!! Is there a connection inside the clock cluster that can be loose?
qwerty1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
nus_dogg
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Honda Accord

Default Re: How to replace clock light in a 2002 Accord

God damn, thanks alot for reviving a six years old thread. I'm pretty sure the OP took care of the problem already.
Originally Posted by toycar View Post
Breaking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.
nus_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
1990, 2000, 2002, 2005, accord, bulb, clock, console, honda, hondaaccord, light, pictures, replace, replaced, working