Notices

Installed a turbo... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a turbo... now what?

I just traded one of my mustangs for an '88 CRX Si and a turbo kit. I've installed the turbo and need to know what to do as far as tuning, i'd like to do it myself, nothing is done to the motor i'm gonna limit it to 7 or 8 lbs of boost but how big of an injector do i need, fuel pump?, FMU?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Installed a turbo... now what? (DrivnMofo)

ooh, this should be fun. are you familiar with hondas at all? there are a number of ways to go about this, if you have experience with tuning and are confident in your abilities, then tune away. if not, seek a local professional but, there are different ways of going about this, a popular and cheap injector choice is that of a dsm, i believe they are about 450cc iirc, and your stock honda ones are 240cc, you may want to look into a fuel pump as well. now as for tuning, you can use a piggyback unit if you know what youre doing, or you can chip your pm6 ecu and use crome or turboedit if you really know what youre doing. check out http://www.homemadeturbo.com http://www.pgmfi.org

but most of all, i say SEARCH, because everything ever even remotely to do with tuning a honda, is on this site.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Installed a turbo... now what? (juice91si)

oh, and welcome
Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Thank you for the welcome, i know nothing of Hondas. I've always drawn my enjoyment from mustangs and with the gas crunch 400hp feels good but not at the pumps. So dropping some weight and playing with what feels like a gokart seemed like the next best thing. I have a light grasp on tuning, enough to get myself in trouble, but i want to learn. Thanks for the links.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:21 AM
ham
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DrivnMofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you for the welcome, i know nothing of Hondas. I've always drawn my enjoyment from mustangs and with the gas crunch 400hp feels good but not at the pumps. So dropping some weight and playing with what feels like a gokart seemed like the next best thing. I have a light grasp on tuning, enough to get myself in trouble, but i want to learn. Thanks for the links. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i did the same exact thing. sold my 650hp mustang and now have a turbo crx

http://www.hondata.com
Old 09-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any pic's..?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by juice91si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ooh, this should be fun. are you familiar with hondas at all? there are a number of ways to go about this, if you have experience with tuning and are confident in your abilities, then tune away. if not, seek a local professional but, there are different ways of going about this, a popular and cheap injector choice is that of a dsm, i believe they are about 450cc iirc, and your stock honda ones are 240cc, you may want to look into a fuel pump as well. now as for tuning, you can use a piggyback unit if you know what youre doing, or you can chip your pm6 ecu and use crome or turboedit if you really know what youre doing. check out http://www.homemadeturbo.com http://www.pgmfi.org
but most of all, i say SEARCH, because everything ever even remotely to do with tuning a honda, is on this site. </TD></TR></TABLE>man that was very well put and explained nicely....ht needs more contributor's like this guy
Old 09-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Installed a turbo... now what? (hatchinprogress)

I'll try and get some pics this week i've got the car at work an i just took the week off. The car actually has some good parts on it. The car i traded for it looked like an absolute wreck. I was told that the next step in the vehicles build up would be the install of the turbo but people are pretty shady. I don't even know where the ECM is. Its running kinda fat right now but I really need to get a wideband ego for it and some tuning stuff, probably TurboEdit Its got disc brakes on the rear, drilled and sloted rotors, coil overs, some kind of track bar that bolts onto the rear suspension, i took of the header for the turbo, poly mount inserts, a big friggin tach, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, battery is in the hatch, short throw shifter kit, alum flywheel, full metalic four puck clutch, MSD 6A box, and some forged Motegi wheels.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 PM

Pics? Sound like a nice setup!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installed a turbo... now what? (Brain3208)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brain3208 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pics? Sound like a nice setup!</TD></TR></TABLE>

dito
Old 09-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installed a turbo... now what? (vw eater)

If you were tuning your mustangs using a MAF.... throw everything out the window. Hondas use a 1 bar MAP sensor

Get uberData and an EPROM burner. You can D/L the software and get familiar with it before you even touch a chip.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installed a turbo... now what? (azroth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by azroth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you were tuning your mustangs using a MAF.... throw everything out the window. Hondas use a 1 bar MAP sensor

Get uberData and an EPROM burner. You can D/L the software and get familiar with it before you even touch a chip. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats smart tell him to get an obd1 program for his pre obd car......turbo-edit will work fine.