Notices

LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (JDM S1eeper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM S1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">RamHorns make around 30whp-50whp more than an InlinePro (best basic manifold IMO). But the thing about Ramhorns is, they flow SUPER well BUT the waste gate is placed at a 90degree angle away from the collector. The gasses have a hard time making that turn for the waste gate and will cause creeping issues. Ive heard of A LOT of these ramhorns doing this. If the wastegate was positiond at maybe a 45 degree angle the gasses would be more willing to flow for boost/wastegate control.

The Topmounts made by LoveFab have been made as much as 30whp+ over the fullrace ramhorn style manifold. They are also warenteed for life. They control boost VERY well aso. Another thing you can tell Cody what kinda flange you want when you order. He will build it to your needs. The Topmount isnt for AC cars but it lets you have a "4" inch down pipe. This is the manifold I have my eye's set on So my InlinePro (stainlesssteel) manifold will be up forsale soon </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am also looking at the LoveFab Topmount for my LS build-up, my only thing is that im wondering if the Topmount is overkill for 400whp street car that will probably shoot for 600whp at the track? I am going to do stock sleeves 81.5mm with forged pistons, rods, arp hardware, maybe rocket motorsports Ls cam package and a mild port and polish on the head. Also will have all the supporting mods for the turbo but im just wondering if a Topmount is overkill or if i should just get like a shorty style mani?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scarlemthug)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scarlemthug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I am also looking at the LoveFab Topmount for my LS build-up, my only thing is that im wondering if the Topmount is overkill for 400whp street car that will probably shoot for 600whp at the track? I am going to do stock sleeves 81.5mm with forged pistons, rods, arp hardware, maybe rocket motorsports Ls cam package and a mild port and polish on the head. Also will have all the supporting mods for the turbo but im just wondering if a Topmount is overkill or if i should just get like a shorty style mani?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well you can hit 400 easy w/ anoether manifold. But I think hitting it would be much easier w/ the topmount due to how well it performs.

I'mma use it and my goals are 400 on pump gas & 600 on race gas
Old 10-23-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: LST / LS-T Turbo B18B's... (Snoflake)

some of you ls guys shoudl check out http://nonvtec.com/board/index.php?refer_id=760
Old 10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM S1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well you can hit 400 easy w/ anoether manifold. But I think hitting it would be much easier w/ the topmount due to how well it performs.

I'mma use it and my goals are 400 on pump gas & 600 on race gas </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i figure i could hit 400whp even with like a log mani but i would make alot more hp per psi with the topmount due to the way it performs. Looks like we have identical goals, im sure u will be done before me though so good luck .
Old 10-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default peak boost

ive been looking at the peak boost full kit because im a guy that likes to just buy everything at once and slap it on.. another reason i like it is beacuse everything is of good quality.. i will be able to bolt this kit on and make reliable 250 wheel HP at 10 or less PSI then when the time comes to go forged internals, the same kit will also support 400 wheel horse.. i was thinkin of making a junkyard/peice together kit, but i dont want to have to keep upgrading and worrying how one part will work with another...

if anyone has any experience with the peak boost stuff, let me know how you liked or disliked it

Travis
Old 10-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scarlemthug)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scarlemthug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah i figure i could hit 400whp even with like a log mani but i would make alot more hp per psi with the topmount due to the way it performs. Looks like we have identical goals, im sure u will be done before me though so good luck .</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, it'll take maybe another month. I still need to upgrade t-EX. manifolds to the topmount, Pick up my GE block friday ( ) and order my RC1000's. I also have a lot of small things I wanna get.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM S1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, it'll take maybe another month. I still need to upgrade t-EX. manifolds to the topmount, Pick up my GE block friday ( ) and order my RC1000's. I also have a lot of small things I wanna get. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, should be a badass car when youre done. atleast mid10s if you can keep the damn charge pipe on
Old 10-25-2005, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (benb18a)

in a couple of months i was gonna buy the rev hard stage 2 kit but im thinking of what else i would need to get it running besdies a tune. all i can think of is a clutch, injectors and hondata...thats what im using to tune.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: (Reason)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reason &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
FMU
SAFC2
Holley intank fuel pump
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Careful with that setup... 7.5 psi might be alright to push it at the most for the time being.

Any plans to get a different fuel/engine managemen setup?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kyles ej1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyles ej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in a couple of months i was gonna buy the rev hard stage 2 kit but im thinking of what else i would need to get it running besdies a tune. all i can think of is a clutch, injectors and hondata...thats what im using to tune.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice tires (BFG's maybe?)
Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM S1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice tires (BFG's maybe?)</TD></TR></TABLE>
well duh

but im talking about to get it up and running....then ill worry about traction
Old 10-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does the kit come w/ a pump? if not that is a must

Id get a in-car wideband to keep the AFR's on a screen for your viewing... PLX makes a decent one that wont break the bank.

ARP head studs, if you feel like adding them
Old 10-25-2005, 06:46 PM

yea it comes with a pump....yea i just remembered a wideband and head studs but thats not all needed to get it running.

. they say i can use stock injectors at 7psi but expletive 7psi

92-95 Honda Civic Turbo Kit consists of the following components:

-- Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold

-- Rev Hard T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo(eff. to 450hp)

-- Rev Hard Intercooler (27" x 6.5" x 3")

-- 35mm External Wastegate(7psi)

-- Blow-Off Valve

-- 2.25" Aluminized Mandrel Bent Piping

-- 2.5" Downpipe

-- High volume fuel pump

-- Boost dependant fuel regulator

-- Check Valves

-- Silicone Couplers and Clamps

-- Silicone vacuum line

-- High pressure fuel line

-- Steel braided -3 Oil feed line

-- Oil Return Line

-- Necessary Vacuum Lines

-- Necessary Vacuum Tee's

-- Necessary bolts and fasteners

what else would i NEED?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
D-t
Trial User

Get your ecu chipped, and your pretty much set to go. Well get a basemap at least so you can run your 7 pounds until you get tuned. If you want to turn up the boost get a boost controller. Either an electronic or a good MBC if you don't want to spend alot of money.

You said in your other post you were getting Hondata. So you should be set then. Definitely get bigger injectors. Get some gauges. Boost, and oil pressure should be the necessary. Maybe get an EGT gauge if you don't have a wideband.

Maybe get some gaskets like the wg, bov, and the inlet gasket in case they leak. That should be about it. I have a full list of every little thing I need. There are always "little" stuff you need that sometimes people don't mention. Clutch of course.

I thnk I am buying my clutch next. So I can have some practice on it, and not only that, but to break it in properly, and it will be less work when the time comes to install the turbo kit.

GL man.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: (D-t)

would dsm 450s be good or would i need like an aftermarket brand cuz $50&gt;$350 if you dont have to
Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 PM
D-t
Trial User

DSM 450's would be good. Although you start maxing them a bit over 300whp. It all depends on the setup, and the condition of the injectors. That's what I am going with also.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: (D-t)

im not planning for 300whp so thats not a problem. maybe like 280ish
Old 10-25-2005, 07:04 PM

would ACTxtreme pp and street disc be ok for that power or would i need something more
Old 10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any LST set ups using some crower 403 or 404 cams? interested in knowing how it runs and what the results were.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: (redDAinteg)

Finally got my setup finished and tuned a couple weeks ago.. taking it to the track this Friday.

Setup:
Stock B18A1
revhard copy manifold
t3 off of a mustang svo .63ex .60in
dsm bov
tial 38mm wg w/ .6bar spring
6"jrc intercooler
dsm 450s
custom 3" downpipe ( made by dave p )
3" kteller exhaust to 3" inlet 4.25" outlet ebay muffler
exedy organic racing clutch [stage1]
chipped ecu
tuned by Blundar

This setup freaking rocks. It's so responsive and pulls way hard to redline(full boost by 3500rpms ). I'm hoping to pull 13s out of it this Friday at the track -crosses fingers-.

No #s for now.. all street tuned. Am going to have Dave touch it up on the dyno here soon, though.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:14 PM
D-t
Trial User

Default Re: (ccivic)

Nice ccivic

Full boost by 3500 rpms is nice. I have a .60/.48 (Mine might be a t3/t4 hybrid though. I'm not sure) so I should be expecting boost earlier I'm guessing. Your running about what 8.8-9 psi.

Nice setup. GL at the track, and let us kow what you put down on the dyno.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: (Thurman_Merman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Thurman_Merman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Careful with that setup... 7.5 psi might be alright to push it at the most for the time being.

Any plans to get a different fuel/engine managemen setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea im gonna build the block, bigger injectors and get hondata probably sometime right before spring. the car is pretty much gonna sit in the garage except maybe twice a week until winter is over. but its holding up real good and its tuned pretty much for reliability right now because its still just a stock motor.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Reason)

Does anyone know a thread off hand that talks about turbo cams for LS's? The next thing on my list is cams and raise the redline. Just want to get a idea on what's good and everything that is needed or a plus.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: (dan_w_82)

Does anyone here with an ls-t know at what level in power and boost a fuel pump upgrade is a must (and to which one)? I dont know but maybe theres a chart or something on this but I do know that the 3 most popular aftermarket pumps are the walbaro 190, the 255 and the 255lph. Which one works the best for the average ls-t setup?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (InfamousDC2FI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by InfamousDC2FI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone here with an ls-t know at what level in power and boost a fuel pump upgrade is a must (and to which one)? I dont know but maybe theres a chart or something on this but I do know that the 3 most popular aftermarket pumps are the walbaro 190, the 255 and the 255lph. Which one works the best for the average ls-t setup? </TD></TR></TABLE>

honestly there isnt a "LEVEL" its jsut added insurance that you will have the fuel coming......i have known of guys in high 200/low 300's with stock pumps but not a good idea

Quick Reply: LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups