Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 07-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
goowakjai
Garage is empty, add now

Default car shakes in reverse

alright, i just got into a minor accident...undertseered onto a curb anmd into a steel fence at about 30MPH and teared ap[art my front bumper, loosened a few screws, and have really bad alignment(caster mostly)..well, whenver i put it into reverse the car shakes furiously..im thining it myte be aloose mount?? but i dunno, im really clueless...so any ideas wud help..its a 95 accord LX auto btw
Old 07-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
goowakjai
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: car shakes in reverse (goowakjai)

bump!
Old 07-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
NAiL05
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to NAiL05

Id check your mounts as you said. That would be the first thing. Check out your joints, suspension and etc. You might have to replace some of those parts.
Sprint Springs

1990 Honda Accord EX Auto - Totaled http://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emthdown.gif
NAiL05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
goowakjai
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: (NAiL05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAiL05
Id check your mounts as you said. That would be the first thing. Check out your joints, suspension and etc. You might have to replace some of those parts.
if it is a loose mount why does it only shake in reverse?? o, and one of my fans is hitting this metal thing, cud the impact have pushed my radiator closer towards my engine? if so, wut wud have been bent and how wud i fix it...
Old 07-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
NAiL05
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to NAiL05
Default Re: (goowakjai)

Well to check your engine mount you need to see if your engine moves excessively in the engine compartment. Usually having a buddy help you out to check it out helps. Your buddy would need to hit the accel in park or neutral whichever and check the engine movement. Since u said in reverse get someone to shift into reverse and lv it there while tryin to find wher the shakin comin from. Make sure his foot stays on the brake. What is this metal thing you fan is hitting can you take a pic of it?
Sprint Springs

1990 Honda Accord EX Auto - Totaled http://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emthdown.gif
NAiL05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #6
goowakjai
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: (NAiL05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAiL05
What is this metal thing you fan is hitting can you take a pic of it?
yea, i can take a pic...i'll try ti get a pic up within a weeks time...thanks for the help so far though

submit to reddit

Tags
1992, accord, accords, bad, car, honda, manual, park, put, reverse, shake, shakes, shaking, shifting, yahoo