Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

car not always starting? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car not always starting? Help!!

every once in a while my car wont start i turn the key and nothing no noise so what ive been doing is opening up the fuse box on the side where my left foot is i dont know what its called but i open it up and tap the ends of the im guessing "plugs " and the car starts .. i dont know ish about cars so i could use some help

dont have a problem with this but im planning on selling the lude and buying another one i dont want a buyer coming back to me wondering why it doesnt start

any help would really be appreciated
Old 05-08-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: car not always starting? Help!! (WeekH22)

what year is ur lude? mine is a 2k, i have the same problem sorta, lots of times i put the key in, turn it, and nothing, lights and radio are on, i keep trying and nothing. i have to turn the key all the way off and retry it. it doesnt allways do this, and it always catches after like the 2nd or 3rd time. i think i hear of a recall or 5th gen starters or something like that. i need to go to the dealer...
Old 05-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the recall is on the ignition switch
Old 05-08-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: (PrettyLude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrettyLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the recall is on the ignition switch</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats it! thanks for the correction
Old 05-09-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: car not always starting? Help!! (socalbb6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by socalbb6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what year is ur lude? mine is a 2k, i have the same problem sorta, lots of times i put the key in, turn it, and nothing, lights and radio are on, i keep trying and nothing. i have to turn the key all the way off and retry it. it doesnt allways do this, and it always catches after like the 2nd or 3rd time. i think i hear of a recall or 5th gen starters or something like that. i need to go to the dealer...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes that sounds alot like my problem the radio works and so do the lights. I have a 97 prelude, however I have to perform that little trick in order to get it started, or it wont. thanks alot for the feedback people