Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Which engine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which engine?

Ok, I got a "simple" question. I want as much power as possible, but retain my day to day driveablity. Do I go build an insane B20 (dart block) or go with the ITR? If I go B20 I plan on goin with the dart block, dart vtec head, lightened internals, ODB1 GSR ecu with Hondata (eventually), skunk2 stage 2 cams, 96 spec ITR tranny, lightened flywheel, & ATS carbon clutch. I would like to keep my ac & power steering also. I would also like to go all motor, so right now turbo is out of the equation. Thanks for any info/advice you guys can give
Old 05-04-2005, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which engine? (00integrals)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00integrals &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for any info/advice you guys can give</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Read, read, and read some more. Learn as much as you can about everything you can in order to make educated performance decisions by yourself.

2. Set a goal and don't change that goal. Almost everyone sets a goal and then changes it several times and before they're done they've wasted a good bit of time and money on projects that ended up being pointless.

3. Take things one step at a time.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:01 AM

The more you read the more you know what your going to do...all motor is a lot of fun but hella expensive...do your research and the search for the motor build that suits your needs
Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Re: (IntegraSpeed95)

The only way to go is b18b. a friend of mine had a boosted b18b ek four door civic DAILY DRIVER, that made 330+- whp and 270+ wtq - second baddest car Ive ever ridden in. Baddest car I've ever ridden in is a boosted b18b fully built in a 93 teg- dont know the whole setup, but the upper and lower was fully built, and it had a full interior. It made 350 whp at 10lbs, and 473 FUCKIGN WHP at 17PSI! The turbo was good for 25 psi. It broke the wheels loose until 80 mph. GO LOW COMP, HIGH BOOST!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LSTCHRIS)

You can swap in any motor and still make it your daily driver, it's all preference that's all
Old 05-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok. Where to start. I don't want to sound unthankful or like an ***, but:

1. I have read, read, read, and read some more. That's how I came to this final conclusion.

2. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00integrals &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would also like to go all motor, so right now turbo is out of the equation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, now I will try to clear up my previous post. Does anyone have a similar b20 setup and/or know someone who does. I meant the tall deck dart b20 block (too hopefully increase the amount of displacement). If I go the b20 route I intend on boring the block a little. I would like to try to get around 2300 cc's. Either engine has to be reliable. I know that you will go on and on about how the b20 route would be unreliable, but doing it right and using the right components eliminates the unreliablity. I know this because I know a few people with 50k miles on a built b20. Now that the b20 area is cleared up, onto the ITR. This is a slight grey area for me. Far too many people have told me that ITR's are hard to make power out of. Either because this is Honda's "perfect" engine or whatever other bullshit people think they know. Others have told me that ITR's make power easily because the engine is so perfect. Which is this true, if either is?

Yes, I know you swap whatever into whatever. B16's are out of the question because of the drop in displacement. That's my opinion, so don't waste your breath. H22's are too common a swap and don't really care to do it anyways.

Now, with all this said. Thank you for any ideas, thoughts, advice, info, or personal experience you provide.