Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

removing radio pins from OEM radio conncetor

Old 03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing radio pins from OEM radio conncetor

I have never done this before, I did search of course, maybe I just searched using the wrong terms, cause I know this has to be on this site, I cant be the forst to ask this question.

the little silver pins that hold the wires in, how do I remove these things?
Old 03-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know on the Metra & Scosche harnesses (for decks and such), they'll just pull right out (some easier than others). Otherwise, there's usually a locking tab that you have to press in with a pick tool and the terminal should slide right out...
Old 03-30-2005, 07:23 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: removing radio pins from OEM radio conncetor (riceboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riceboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have never done this before, I did search of course, maybe I just searched using the wrong terms, cause I know this has to be on this site, I cant be the forst to ask this question.

the little silver pins that hold the wires in, how do I remove these things?</TD></TR></TABLE>My question would be WHY do you need to remove them? and as B18C_EJ8 said.....
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know on the Metra & Scosche harnesses (for decks and such), they'll just pull right out (some easier than others). Otherwise, there's usually a locking tab that you have to press in with a pick tool and the terminal should slide right out...</TD></TR></TABLE> there is a retainer on the metal pin, [metal tab folded out so it sits behind part of the plastic plug] or a [plastic tab on the plug that folds into part of the metal pin] eather way the tab has to be in, [on the pin] or out [ on the plastic plug] so the pin can slid out, if you look close, it's not hard to see what you have to do, but you will need a pick or something small to get in there, and be carefull you don't damage anything, [very easy to do] 94