Notices

Fuel cut on turbo ITR? Possible tuning issue - any tuners pls help!

Old 04-10-2005, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel cut on turbo ITR? Possible tuning issue - any tuners pls help!

My car was tuned a couple of months ago, and has been running pretty much fine since... until a few weeks ago. Sometimes when its coming on boost, its like the fuel cuts out suddenly and I almost go through the windcreen. The wideband reads off the scale Lean when this happens. At first I thought it was hitting the boost cut which has been set in the map at about 6psi, but its only running about 4.5psi max boost, and anyway it does it at even 1-2psi. It doesn't always happen, but its becoming more frequent so I've had to take the car off the road.

Bit of background info: stock B18C6 with T3/4 drag kit and 0.4bar w/g spring, running Hondata with 440cc injectors and adjustable FPR. Its had a couple of hours tuning, so not perfect yet but afrs are good and it made 232whp at 7500rpm. But at about 5500rpm the timing is retarded massively, this is cos we thought we heard detonation during tuning and so took some timing out to see if it disappeared. The sound turned out to be the wastegate...! but the timing never got put back.

So whenever I get near 5500rpm (quite often :-)) it loses loads of power and the wideband reads Rich, which means afrs are less than 10.

Could this super-rich/retarded timing condition cause fuel cut? If so why did it not happen straight after tuning - have I done some damage by continuing to drive it?

Hope its nothing too serious, as Mase is coming over to the UK at the end of this month and hopefully will be working his magic on my car!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel cut on turbo ITR? Possible tuning issue - any tuners pls help! (angela_itr)

Hi, anyone got any ideas about this? Really wanna know whether its a tuning issue, in which case I have no doubt Mase can sort it when he comes over, or whether its an engine problem which I need to sort before it can be tuned

Thanks guys...