Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

co2

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default co2

ive searches and got a few results about injecting co2 into ur intake system but people seem to say that co2 is not combustible so it will hinder performance but somereason i think different co2 its naturally really cold thus more will be entering your engine because cold air is more dense. How could the reason of it being non combustible hinder performance air is non cumbustible and when using turbo and cai you letting/pushin more air into the engine. and also co2 is shot with pressure so the air going into your engine will be forced in a little bit more at the least with should by itself make a difference if done correctly... i have the materials to do this for free at my house in an hour or to im prob gonna do it neway just to clear up info for somepeople...i was wondering wat you guys thought about this
Old 03-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: co2 (blackbmagic)

The only time co2 is cold is when it is released from being pressurized.It isn't naturally colder than any other gas.Now if you wanted to use hydrogen that's another story.No2 works because it adds oxygen to the mix as well as cooling the charge from depressurization.
Glenn
Old 03-09-2005, 05:33 PM

if im correct co2 has oxygen as well hence the "o2" n by naturally colder i mean its pretty damn cold after being transferd from its liquid state its enough to freeze the rubber and crack it on gaskets...
Old 03-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And they make co2 fire extinguishers because they aid in combustion.
Glenn
Old 03-10-2005, 11:16 AM

ok mr sarcasm the point of the thread was not co2 combustion because any idiot knows that co2 is not combustible...co2 is cold, cold air is dense, when air is dense more of it can fit in an engine, more air = hp..

and for you people who keep bringign up the combustible subject...lets see is air combustible(NO) a whole hell of allot of that goes into the engine the more the better.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"""air is non cumbustible and when using turbo and cai you letting/pushin more air into the engine."""

Uhhh, let me guess. Chemistry's not your major?
No, air in and of itself is not "combustable", but it contains oxygen... a critical component for the process.

As for cold and dense, why not just dump ice cold water into the intake? It's much denser than CO2.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: co2 (Perfectionist)

do u guys read at all i said air is not combustible and so how can u talk sh*t about "wut my major is if i never said that air is combustible" because i think english isnt urs...i u read nething i didnt say that the co2 is dense i said it made the air more dense by cooling it and it cools it a hell of allot more than "cold water dumped in my intake"....why are u trying to prove me wrong..and missunderstanding what i a saying..im trying to prove a common myth by doing this to see if it is true or not...and yes co2 extinguishes combustion and shouldnt be breathed by the engine but could be used to cool down the intake charge by using a ring or a sleeve of some sort...

y dont u guys acctually act like adults n have a normal coversation about the subject n help out a little other than throwing out saracastic and smart as* coments that dont do anything but take up space in the forum..

Modified by blackbmagic at 4:51 PM 3/10/2005
Old 03-11-2005, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason a denser intake charge makes more power is that it contains more oxygen per volume.Oxygen plus fuel equals power.If you dilute this air containing oxygen with co2 even the denser cold charge will contain less usable oxygen. Forced induction makes more power because it packs more air (containing oxygen) into the same volume.The co2 molecules will not give up its oxygen atom as they are tightly boned to the carbon atoms unlike no2 which freely gives up its oxygen.The reason for the sarcasm is that this isn't some myth or urban legend its high school science.
Glenn
Old 03-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

""""do u guys read at all i said air is not combustible and so how can u talk sh*t about "wut my major is if i never said that air is combustible" because i think english isnt urs...""""

Your way with the english language certainly casts doubts on your mastery of it.

"""and yes co2 extinguishes combustion and shouldnt be breathed by the engine but could be used to cool down the intake charge by using a ring or a sleeve of some sort... """

That's not what you were implying with what you wrote in your original post...

""also co2 is shot with pressure so the air going into your engine will be forced in a little bit more """

It seems you were thinking of forcing CO2 into your intake because it is under pressure and cold and dense. All we are saying is it will not support combustion like "air" would, because air CONTAINS OXYGEN.

I'm done. Let's let this lame thread die.